TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Thief 2 FM: Keeper Investigations (8/6/08)

Quote Originally Posted by Thor02 View Post
    I started this mission again in your 3 mission pack. Goddamnit, can't complete the first one! I was doing smooth and perfect until i've explored everything... and missing 44 or 46 loot. Like that i wasted 4-5hours just looking for the extra under-50-loot and came up completely empty. Youre torturing me! I'm sure i've explored even the places that weren't meant to be explored and even made my game crash from the great views several times and again ran through the map carefully atleast 3 times. NOTHING! Argh...
    I must be missing some kind of secret passage or stepped on to a bug... well, i hope you, intruder, or another expert of your map could help me out, cause i really will never give up on that map finishing the fair way now, even if it means not playing the next 4 (2 atm.) FMs... stubborn? Perhaps. Cause? Wasted time that wants to be reasoned so that it's not really that wasted.
    Oh and i have all gems with me like puppies...

Thor out...

Edit: More about my mental stage even though nobody should care but i still want to post it lol - i found a reason to feel that time not wasted. It was a great sacrifice to my first ever-played Fan Mission (well, besides T2X which i'd really like to count in for the big stories - TDP, TMA...).

P.S. I couldn't really bear the loot-list aswell, since my memory only rememebers from 20-50% of info or less.

P.S.S. Where exactly is Keeper's House? I'm not sure i know such a place. But i should now... wtf.

I've got the same problem, unfortunately.
    I've been everywhere a dozen times over and still haven't found all the loot! What I have now:

total gems: 490
    total loot: 3581

I can't think of anywhere else I might not have gone but that so-called "city watchtower." What the hell is that? Is it that parapet at the beginning with the archer walking back and forth? I can't get up there--I've tried a bunch of times. Also, I checked the fountain in the Hammerite complex and there wasn't a single coin. Someone please help 'cause this mission was a lot of fun at first, but after hours of searching for that one last piece of loot/gem?
    I AM SO READY TO BE DONE!

EDIT: Ok, it seems the city watchtower is right next to the pub. . well, I've been through there too and found all the loot (hopefully.) Geez, what am I missing??

Master Builder 2018
    You'll find a loot list here.
    Visit Southquarter for all your testing needs.

I've already looked through that list and it doesn't help me much. The problem is, I can't tell what loot items I've already got so I see "stack of copper coins" somewhere on the list and hell if I can remember if I grabbed it or not--there were so many of them. If the game gave you a function that allowed you to see every piece of loot you have in your inventory, that would be very convenient. As it is, I'm still blundering around in the dark. Thanks for your help, though! I'll give it another pass.

EDIT: GOT IT!! The list didn't say that tiara in Lord Manders' bedroom was hidden behind a tapestry! Either way I'm done!
    Last edited by Lady Taffer; 31st Jul 2009 at 03:56.

I'm still working on a new version of the loot list. I think I will do it in a similar way to those on the Keeper Chapel: using a map where all the loot is marked and screenshots for well hidden loot.

I have a question about this mission pack: It says in the description that it's a five-mission campaign, but I played it through and it seems to stop after mission 3. Is this a glitch, or have missions 4 and 5 not been made yet?

. .'cause now I'm hooked and I wanna play 'em all!

Master Builder 2018
    intruder is still working on missions 4 and 5 but it won't be long now. They will be going into beta shortly.

Woohoo! I'm really liking this series so far.

It's like Tannar said. I decided to put this information into the readme because the story seemed to stop suddenly after part 3, to let players know there will be a sequel...
    (and mission 4 was already under construction when part 3 was released)

But it seems as you are not the only one who got confused by me
    At the german ttlg board some people had the same problem...maybe my idea wasn't that clever

Quote Originally Posted by baeuchlein View Post
    Thanks for the screenshot. Without it, I would certainly have given up, especially since shooting an arrow into the front of the flower box (which I assumed was the windowsill I was talking about) did not do anything good, even after I knew that this indeed was the way to go. Whether I shot the arrow from before the crate or from behind the statue did not matter, I could never mantle up.

Instead, I climbed onto the crate standing before the opposite wall, below a window with a partially open curtain (a possible exit from the Hammer area, as I discovered later). From there I shot a rope arrow into the side of the flower box. After several shots I manage to land an arrow in a spot which allowed me to mantle up onto the flower box (after several tries) and finally enter the window.
    I really hope this will be the only spot in the mission where advancement is so difficult.

That must have been the other route across the gate I mentioned in my earlier post.

I think the way back the author intended might be the one where you travel through the sewers below the area and emerge in a building to the right of the iron gate. It's the one with the partially-opened curtain, but you can only leave the Hammerite area through it, not enter it.

Going to the place with the flower box should be possible once you're inside the Hammer compound.

About getting to the hammerites....
    Yeah the FM author SHOULD have made THIS AREA MUCH EASIER to get to! It was really, really stupid the way he has it.

You have to try over and over just to get onto that stupid tiny ledge. He could and SHOULD have made it bigger. Especially since you cannot advance in the story without climbing it!
    It simply frustrates the player, when there is no need to.

mission 2

Anyone knows where can i find the key to the blue chest at Gamver´s office

Master Builder 2018
    It's been a long time since I played it, Pedro, but if I remember correctly it is on one of the thieves in the bunkroom.

Quote Originally Posted by Tannar View Post
    It's been a long time since I played it, Pedro, but if I remember correctly it is on one of the thieves in the bunkroom.
    Thank You Mike, Found it in that Thief belt !, mission 2 finished ;-)

Where can i find the diving helmet on mission 3?

Pedro:
    spoiler:
    It's in the green safe aboard the supply vessel.

Quote Originally Posted by intruder View Post
    Pedro:
    spoiler:
    It's in the green safe aboard the supply vessel.
    Where can i find the key for this safe?

spoiler:
    At the dead guy's belt near the ladder leading up to the command bridge of the submarine.

Thank you Intruder, where can i find portable water?

spoiler:
    It's aboard the submarine, in the cabin near to the machine room.

mission 4

I have one goal left, how can i find who are the people that live in the island?

Hi Pedro,

there is a specific thread for the 4th mission where you will find your answer:
    Keeper Investigations - Mission 4 - Tanis Station

...can´t find the answer there.

...nevermind, found it
    Last edited by Cardia; 26th Jan 2014 at 10:13.

Expert

Stuck in mission 5 "Returning home", where can i find Abyss Dagger and cody´s last family emblem?

Master Builder 2018
    It's been too long and I just don't remember, Pedro. but there are separate threads for each of these missions. Here is the Mission 5 thread. Maybe you'll find the answer there.

Quote Originally Posted by Tannar View Post
    It's been too long and I just don't remember, Pedro. but there are separate threads for each of these missions. Here is the Mission 5 thread. Maybe you'll find the answer there.
    Thank you Mike, do you know where can i find Ricebug walktroughs?

You should be able to find most things in the Fan Mission Links sticky. Ricebug's walkthroughs.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast