TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: Current song you are listening to(or the Last song you listened to)

Quote Originally Posted by henke View Post
    Neb, I gotta thank you again for introducing me to Aavikko. Listening to their "History of Muysic: Selected Non-Album Material 1995-2003" album tonight and discovering all kinds of wonderful things.
    No problemo. For the last few years I've been discovering my favourite stuff on music-map.com, and then listening to it on Youtube.

Checking out that History of Music album now - and I mean this in the best possible way - it sounds like playing the demos on a keyboard that you just rescued from a lake.

Level 10,000 achieved
    This is good. I like the droning synth, and the video.

Time to grab some sleep just like my dogs who are in deep sleep on their heated pet beds. I hope that all of the American members of this community had a wonderful 4th of July!

When the news that Boris Johnson (our Foreign Secretary) had resigned, a song immediately popped into my head and has been stuck there all day. I imagined Theresa May (Prime Minister) humming it to herself as she went about her day. And this evening I find a headline on the BBC website: 'Profile: Boris Johnson - long a thorn in PM's side' which led to this article.

I'm sure it must be a relief to not have this national embarrassment represent the country. He's replaced by that homeopathy supporting NHS bloke whose name sounds like cockney rhyming slang, though?

Listening to the Stones again...

I'm not really a big fan of classical music, but I haven't been able to stop listening to Fauré.

Level 10,000 achieved
    I'd never heard that Stones song before, SirLord, tho I have been a longtime fan of the Blind Boys of Alabama's stripped-down acapella gospel version of it.

Here's something that would be a good fit for the next Fallout game!

@SirLord Best..funny that, I had been listening to this recently because of a TV ad campaign for cider.

Level 10,000 achieved
    Oh and I heard that one recently because of THIS VIDEO

ITS ALL CONNECTED

somehow

SShock2.com

One upside of recent events is that I now have more time for exercise again. I hate the bouncy crap they play at the gym so I tend to dig out old stuff that I know works for me, and play it loud enough in my headphones so I can't be contaminated by the godawful sonic plague they try to infect us with. This would be one of my countermeasures:

One of the best moments in my life was when Nelson Mandela walked on stage at the 'International Tribute for a Free South Africa' concert in 1990. I also went to the 70th Birthday Tribute concert in '88 so maybe this should be in the concert thread.

Today is Mandela day.

Just saw this one today. Sort of appropriate for all the B movies I've been watching.

Damn I always thought that header the professor took off the stairs in Frankenstein must be destroyed was too hard to preserve a brain intact anyway.

With lyics you most definitely won't get away with today and as for those sideburns Here's Mungo Jerry!!...

SShock2.com

I blame ITV!

Back in the 1970s, I hated ABBA. In the 80s, I was into metal and they were the enemy. I hated them even more. In the 90s I started accepting them as fairly good songwriters. In the 2000s I actually started liking them a bit. Time and age has changed my opinion, and I can now hear things I did not 40 years ago. Now I can hear very well-crafted pop songs, with multiple layers and cleverness, albeit often with lyrics that occasionally makes me embarrassed to be from the same country. Not so with this song. I blame the endless repeats of Mamma Mia to hammer it firmly into my brain.

Just Loud featuring Debbie Harry.

I only ever truly like the grandiose and the insane in high volumes.

Quote Originally Posted by SirLord Best View Post
    Here's Mungo Jerry!!...
    Great memory, I'd forgotten that one. My all-time favourite hot summer song which I heard last Tuesday while travelling up the M4 to Reading is:

And my current favourite 'stuck in motorway traffic' coming back down the M4 from London to Wales today song is:

Is there anything more sexy than a woman who plays guitar like this?

Cool as the frost on a 70 Cuda in juke joint parking lot in December.

Wait. Why are all my embeds so big now with the new computer? They used to be regular size.
    Last edited by Al_B; 31st Jul 2018 at 13:56. Reason: Fixed video size

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Tocky View Post
    Wait. Why are all my embeds so big now with the new computer? They used to be regular size.
    Best thing to do is to just use the video icon in the toolbar and paste the link to the video rather than using one of the embedding codes from YouTube.

Got a request. Can anybody recommend some ambient music suitable as background music while concentrating at work? I've got a bunch of ambient electronica (Aphex Twin and the like), house (The Orb etc.), some chill-out and downtempo, but I'm finding that stuff with a prominent beat can be a little too distracting sometimes when I'm trying to think. The early Brian Eno stuff is perfect, but I'm not sure what else is like that.

Not exactly ambient, but some of Pink Floyd's early albums also work for me.

Not ambient, but jazz works for me:

Recently, I had this stream playing, for example:

And there are a ton of sites and videos that mix rain sounds with smooth relaxing music:
    Last edited by Starker; 31st Jul 2018 at 23:51.

Quote Originally Posted by heywood View Post
    Got a request. Can anybody recommend some ambient music suitable as background music while concentrating at work? I've got a bunch of ambient electronica (Aphex Twin and the like), house (The Orb etc.), some chill-out and downtempo, but I'm finding that stuff with a prominent beat can be a little too distracting sometimes when I'm trying to think. The early Brian Eno stuff is perfect, but I'm not sure what else is like that.

Not exactly ambient, but some of Pink Floyd's early albums also work for me.
    I like Long Ambients1. Calm: Sleep by Moby. It's very minimal and won't steal too much of your focus while working, it's perfect for the background. Even more minimal, but more on the classical end of the spectrum is the very, very long album Sleep by Max Richter. You can find this stuff on Spotify.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by heywood View Post
    Got a request. Can anybody recommend some ambient music suitable as background music while concentrating at work?
    I've mentioned him before - Steve Roach's long ambient tracks can last over an hour and I use these a lot. Soul Tones is 45 mins and pretty airy, Bloodmoon Rising Night 1 is darker but more of a droning piece for blocking out background noise. Those are some examples but you can play a number of his almums on his bandcamp site.

Page 123 of 145 FirstFirst ... 23737883889398103108113118119120121122123124125126127128133138143 ... LastLast