TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 133 of 134 FirstFirst ... 3383889398103108113118123128129130131132133134 LastLast
Results 3,301 to 3,325 of 3326

Thread: Current song you are listening to(or the Last song you listened to)

Chakat sex pillow
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Moyer View Post
    Hah, JM. I thought that was the best episode of the season too.

I haven't watched Black Mirror, but that has to be the most subversive/clever thing I've seen in awhile.

Chakat sex pillow
    Apparently Trent liked what they did with it, too. There's another, more normal cover if you get around to watching that episode. It doesn't make any unique points or try to be great TV or anything, but it's pretty entertaining.

Level 10,000 achieved
    Yeah that's quite something.

Quote Originally Posted by WingedKagouti View Post
    Stakka Bo
    Oh man, I don't know if it can get more 90's than that.

My favourite jam of da summa so far is this song about trucker caps and the importance of taking a nap after you play a big show.

There's lots of great stuff on the new Aquabats album. I would recommend it to anyone who likes Beastie Boys, The Lonely Island, hot raps, dumb bullshit, or good vibes. Also Strong Bad is on one of the songs.

Not a song but a performance in September 2013 by a local rock band from here, Ferrol, called Riff Raff that only play AC/DC songs.
    In homage to Toñito, the singer of the band who died last May.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o35eWc_gXO0

Master Builder 2018

Long live irrational, childish stories..

SShock2.com

New World Order

I'm setting myself up for the Ministry gig next week, so I've been playing a lot of their stuff the last couple of weeks, and one of my old faves is this one:

SShock2.com

Quote Originally Posted by WingedKagouti View Post
    Stakka Bo
    I'm quite ambivalent about this. On one hand, I detested Stakka Bo at the time. On the other, that song is pretty catchy, and he did an awesome song later with Fleshquartet, Nċid and Titiyo, We Vie, big fan of both Nċid and Fleshquartet. Maybe that just means I'm an old fat middle-aged Scandinavian trying to ignore nostalgia. Or maybe I'm overthinking it. Or underthinking it..?

[Edit]

We Vie was a cover of an obscure song I've never yet found the original of. I love the cover so much that I managed to track down the original artist name, but being quite senile I of course forgot it. Some pre-trip-hop Bristol band, I believe, but I could be wrong. I found it on discogs a couple of years ago but stupidly didn't save the link, and now I can't find it again.

[Edit again]

After an hour on Google, Discogs and Allmusic, I finally found it. Carlton McCarthy, off the album The Call Is Strong, track #3, written by McCarthy/Mighty/Smith. There. Phew, now my completist music nerd head can relax.

[Unrelated music nerd edit]

Quote Originally Posted by henke View Post
    Not bad, but my fave is Trentemoller's "Wrong" remix.
    That is a perfectly valid opinion to have, as long as you know you're wrong

I could do six dozen Wrong jokes, but they'd all be pretty lame, so I won't.
    Last edited by Gray; 29th Jun 2019 at 18:12.
    Boing. Peng. Boom-Tschak. Peng.

System Shock 2 Walkthrough

I rarely if ever listen to Metal, but when someone puts effort into making their video fun I'll give it a watch (and listen):

SShock2.com

With my new Sleepio app, I'm no longer allowed to watch TV in the bedroom, so I've switched to music to drown out the noise from the neighbours and the pub down the street. Autechre was always a favourite band, and this particular song has to be excluded from my night time play list, it's a bit too bouncy and exciting. Which only means I've been playing it a lot in the daytime.

Boing. Peng. Boom-Tschak. Peng.

System Shock 2 Walkthrough

I miss 90's Autechre. I dunno what happened to them between LP5 and Confield (I'm assuming ditching their instruments and going in the box) but it wasn't good.

Billy Strings -Dust in a Baggie and Albino Skunk.

SShock2.com

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Moyer View Post
    I miss 90's Autechre. I dunno what happened to them between LP5 and Confield (I'm assuming ditching their instruments and going in the box) but it wasn't good.
    I have no idea what happened, I just naturally assumed it was drugs, as is so often the case, but I have no evidence of that, it could be something completely different. Gantz Graf is probably the most difficult listen I own. Either that or some old Throbbing Gristle or Cabaret Voltaire. Or our old friend Sypha Nadon.

Having said that, they have softened up again in more recent years and become more enjoyable again.

[Edit]

Needless to say, but I will say it anyway, no, I'm not using Gantz Graf to fall asleep to, so far it's only been Amber and Incunabula, but I'm looking forward to Tri Repetae next, so many of my favourites are on it. Anvil Vapre is a bit too exciting.

[Edit again]

I have to wonder how in the hell they managed to create something like Gantz Graf. Not why, but just how, it's so far removed from actual music I can't even begin to imagine how they actually made it. I have to admit, I'm pretty impressed by the technical achievement, I just can't stand to listen to more than half of it.
    Last edited by Gray; 1st Jul 2019 at 23:23.

Not sure what they were using to generate the sounds, but the composition was probably done in Max/MSP.

SShock2.com

Quote Originally Posted by Tocky View Post
    Well ding ding bow wah bah bah wong ding dong.

I just got back from seeing them live. Would you believe there was a fanboy in the audience dressed up as Jesus, carrying a wrench, that got into the mosh pit and pulled up on stage by Al? Well it happened.

Not my favourite song, but it was funny to see it happen. More of an NWO kind of guy, and when they played it, I nearly shat myself. And then headbanged rather a lot. Great night.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray View Post
    I just got back from seeing them live. Would you believe there was a fanboy in the audience dressed up as Jesus, carrying a wrench, that got into the mosh pit and pulled up on stage by Al? Well it happened.

Not my favourite song, but it was funny to see it happen. More of an NWO kind of guy, and when they played it, I nearly shat myself. And then headbanged rather a lot. Great night.
    Hey it got him on stage right? Damn I would have liked to see that.

Also:
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray View Post
    I have to admit, I'm pretty impressed by the technical achievement, I just can't stand to listen to more than half of it.
    So it isn't just me. I love rhythm and that gets under my skin in a bad way after awhile. Never once did I feel like shouting yee haw.

I envy you folks that get to see a lot of good bands. When I was young I saw my share but during raising a family there wasn't much money or time. Now I'm able again to catch a few I missed in my heyday. Thirteen rows back-

What it doesn't say on the ticket is that Joan Jett is the opening act. I hope to hell they acknowledge that on the T shirts at least.

Clutch is getting back to their roots with the latest album and high time.

Listening to the DX:HR and DX:MD soundtracks. Forgot how much I love the music to these games. Really adds to the setting.

LittleFlower

SShock2.com

The longer the waiting...

Anna Ternheim: The Longer the Waiting, the Sweeter the Kiss

8 years ago, oceans apart, this meant the world.

SShock2.com

Quote Originally Posted by Tocky View Post
    I envy you folks that get to see a lot of good bands.
    When I grew up I lived at the ass-end of space, the tiniest shittiest town a million miles from civilisation. No good bands would ever play there, so I had to travel hundreds of miles to rock festivals to see any decent music. Now, I live in a major city, and good bands actually DO play, and many that were on my must-see-before-I-die list. This is why I'm posting all these "I saw them live last week" thingies, because I can finally do that, see them, go there, and experience it. I never could before, but I can now, so I'm going to make the best of it as see as much as I can. I'll probably be found dead in a mosh pit, not from being stomped on, just dehydration from excessive sweat, with torn neck muscles from overly headbanging. It's one of the perks of finally living in civilisation.

SShock2.com

Covenant: Stalker!

Probably the one band I've seen live more than any others, they played all the festivals I used to go to, and I've even seen them a couple of times in this new, strange country. This is one of their bounciest tracks that I've played rather a lot recently, and not just for nostalgia. It kicks ass.

Something you can catch locally, Gray-

SShock2.com

Not seen them live yet, but we had them on our wedding playlist. When they came on, the tiny bar function room dance floor filled up pretty quickly.

This girl sings my tune.

Page 133 of 134 FirstFirst ... 3383889398103108113118123128129130131132133134 LastLast