TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 139 of 139 FirstFirst ... 39899499104109114119124129134135136137138139
Results 3,451 to 3,464 of 3464

Thread: Current song you are listening to(or the Last song you listened to)

LittleFlower
    Thanks Gray. That was quick. I got a few of those (242, Kraftwerk, NiN, Rammstein, Sisters, Xymox). I got some Depeche Mode, but not Black Celebration. Got Underworld, but not that one. I recognize some other names. But I will listen to them during the next days/weeks.

Not everything might be for me. On average I don't like singer-songwriters. (Exception: Neil Halstead - Sleeping On Roads or Kings Of Convenience - Quiet Is The New Loud). But I'm sure there must be a few gems (for me) in those two lists. Thanks again.

SShock2.com

You probably want to avoid Bob Hund then:

Istället för musik: Förvirring (translates to "Instead of music: Confusion")

If you want a list of more obscure stuff, I'd be happy to oblige.

LittleFlower
    Thanks for the offer. I'll take you up on that one day.
    Maybe to give you an idea of what I like, I'll post my own top 10.

1980-85 - Tuxedomoon - Half Mute/Desire/Holy Wars
    1981-83 - Durutti Column - LC/Another Setting
    1982 - Virgin Prunes - If I Die I Die
    1983-84 - Sisters Of Mercy - Alice/Reptile House/Temple Of Love/Body & Soul
    1984 - Dead Can Dance - Dead Can Dance
    1984 - This Mortal Coil - It'll End In Tears
    1985 - Jansen & Barbieri - Worlds in a Small Room
    1985 - The Jesus and Mary Chain - Psychocandy
    1986 - SPK - Zahmia Lehmanni
    1988 - Harold Budd - The White Arcades
    1988-93 - Benjamin Lew - Nebka/Parfum Du Raki
    1995 - Tricky - Maxinquaye

Oh. That is in fact a lot of eighties music. But I still recommend every one of those albums.
    I do like newer music, but I guess my personal classics are all older.

Some electronic music that I got to know this year, and that I like: Sonoio, Apparat, Trentemoller, The Acid, Soap & Skin, Chromatics, Au Revoir Simone. Some (Dark) Ambient that I got to know this year, and that I like: Biosphere, Global Communication, Gas, Yagya, Rafael Anton Irisarri.

First impressions: I listened to a few albums. Some music is too fast or too aggresive for me. I don't get revved up, just tired. But I really like Orbital - In Sides. Good !
    Last edited by Gryzemuis; 8th Oct 2019 at 09:30.

Level 10,000 achieved
    I go to the theatre bout 90 minutes late
    Skip the whole dang movie coz the credits are great
    Now if you're gonna be featured on a movie song
    The credits are the part that you wanna be on!

Not sure how I missed that Beck, Robyn and The Lonely Island teamed up for the LEGO Movie 2 end credits song. It's great.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray View Post
    Istället för musik: Förvirring
    Heeeeeell yeah now you're talking.

Went to see Heart and Joan Jett in Memphis this past Friday. They were a big part of my heyday music. I admit I hated eighties Heart with it's pop sound almost as much as I loved seventies rock Heart but it's good to see they still can pump out a great show. Most of the folks there were my age and older which made me feel we were the remnants of some terrible time poisoning experiment, crippled by years of excess, disfigured by what didn't kill us. Many of us didn't make it this far so it was sweet to see these girls, our heroes, did. And looked much less worse for wear than we did. For a while, in the darkened arena, we could travel back to our youth.

I know most won't like them here but I'm posting just for me if nobody else. Also you may not be able to see my video so I'll have to post an old youtube one instead. If you want to see the one I recorded you will just have to become my facebook friend.

SShock2.com

Quote Originally Posted by henke View Post
    Heeeeeell yeah now you're talking.
    I am indeed talking. Metaphorically.

On the subject of loud Swedish guitars, I have to post this again. Hate to say I told you so, but I love that bass break. I accidentally discovered The Hives at a local small rock festival only a few months before they became the biggest rock band on the planet. The first song was ok, like a Rolling Stones tribute act. The second song had some Ramones in it. Now I started to pay attention. Then one with clear Devo influences. I was hooked. Only a couple of months later, I met up with some TTLG:ers in the UK, and I saw posters for this yet-largely-unknown band all over Britain. I pointed to the posters to BigDave and FatBurrick, saying "I saw those guys recently, they're Swedish, and really good." -"What?" -"That band, The Hives, look there's a poster, go see them." Shrugs. Two months later they topped every known chart.

SShock2.com

What is this that stands before me?

This may offend some hardcore Black Sabbath fans, but to me it's a perfect meld of the two worlds I simultaneously inhabit, the electronic and the metal.

Dance or Die: Black Sabbath (cover)

I was reminded about this today where, at IKEA, I saw an old grey haired balding guy with a Black Sabbath t-shirt, looking at a set of flowery dinner plates, thinking to myself, what would he think of this cover?
    Boing. Peng. Boom-Tschak. Peng.

System Shock 2 Walkthrough

SShock2.com

If you like Rammstein...

After the discussion with my niece last week about loud angry shouty stuff, I was reminded about Eisbrecher. I thoroughly love their album Schock, every single song is just awesome. So far, I only have one other of their albums, but I'm working on it. So tonight, I've been on a bit of an Eisbrecher marathon. I was thinking to myself, if I was gonna pimp them, which song would I pick? So hard to choose, they're all so awesome. So I just decided to go with the first track. It introduces the album, why not let it introduce the band?

Eisbrecher: Volle Kraft Voraus (Icebreaker: Full Speed Ahead)

Yes, I know I'm triple-posting. Sorry about that. You can prevent that by posting more stuff. Only YOU can prevent triple-posts.

I love The Hives. My daughter does too. Do you know they recorded part of their Black and White album very near me? The cheerleaders on Try It Again are Ole Miss cheerleaders. They must have had fun recording that one. All those girls are damned good looking.

The Sabbath cover was a good mix to me. And the Eisbrecher was new to me. Very Rammsteiny. I like. Will have to check out more of them. Wish I had something new to share. I have something old. I always liked Ballroom Blitz but only recently checked out the other tunes by Sweet and I get a kick from them too. What a great time for music that was. Glam punk was a great combination. Less serious than punk and more fun. Some songs I had heard and forgotten but shouldn't have. Both lead and backup had the same weird voice. When they chose to use it like in Ballroom Blitz. Some earlier and later stuff was cringe worthy but they had a lot of hits. I heard they toured again not long back.

SShock2.com

I like that song. Some of their songs are pretty good, but I was born in the early 70s, so most of it I've only ever heard retroactively. Glam happened before my time, so some of it appeals to me, some just plain annoys me. But meh, the main music I listened to in the 70s was retro 50s rock, so I was only six, and clearly my taste sucked. Then I discovered heavy metal.

Change of subject: yesterday I walked rather a lot, in new shoes, for 2.5 hours. It reminded me of this song.

And One: When The Feet Hurt

[Edit]

I just noticed that Heart song. I was only vaguely aware of their earlier stuff, that one I like. I mainly remember them from the big-hair-and-shoulderpads era of the mid-80s, and as a horny young teenager I was much more interested in the slowmotion bouncy boobs of Nancy Wilson in the video of Alone than I was in the music, although I did like the song as well, it suited my whiny nobody-will-ever-love-me-phase. I did know there was a back story to the band, they were supposedly great at some point, and I've only heard scattered examples of that. Now I have one more to add to it, thanks.
    Last edited by Gray; 13th Oct 2019 at 07:15.
    Boing. Peng. Boom-Tschak. Peng.

System Shock 2 Walkthrough

SShock2.com

The band that inspired Rammstein to form a band: Oomph!

Sticking with the theme of not-Rammstein-but-similar, here's another German band that, according to legend, is what inspired Rammstein to form a band, they supposedly met at an Oomph! gig.

It's not quite as evil as it may sound, it's rather heavy with sarcasm.

Oomph!: Feiert Das Kreuz

Some 10-odd years after that was released, I was visiting a friend in Berlin, and to my shock and surprise, this as I thought little known German angry shouty EBM/industrial band had a number one hit single about paedophilia. None of that made sense in my head. They were now... popular? And wait, what, paedophilia? Such a light-hearted subject for the pop charts. What the actual frickety-frak...? Is the world becoming.. better?

Oomph!: Augen Auf

For the non-German speakers, the theme is of a game of hide and seek, with very sinister undertones. When you're found, unpleasant things will happen. I can only assume it is no coincidence that the singer is dressed as a catholic priest in the video. They also made a slightly inferior English translation, but it will sort of convey the same message:

Oomph!: Truth or Dare

Honestly, I'm not making any of this up, they really were at the top of the pop charts in Germany, for five weeks. Really.
    Last edited by Gray; 13th Oct 2019 at 10:17.

SShock2.com

Feeling quite tired today. Didn't sleep too well. Need coffee. And... something more. Nothing wakes you up like James Brown telling you to get up offa that thing.

[Edit]

As much fun as it is to see him dance on stage, this is actually a better version of it. It has more Clyde Stubblefield funky drums.

Ok, I'm awake now. Coffee also helped. I didn't physically get offa my thing, but in my mind I was. Whilst sitting comfortably, sipping half-caf-decaf and nibbling on a croissant. I'm so pathetically middle-class.
    Last edited by Gray; 14th Oct 2019 at 05:47.

SShock2.com

Quote Originally Posted by demagogue View Post
    I had forgotten about Juno Reactor. This I like. I used to casually listen to them when a friend of mine played their albums, and I liked what I heard, but didn't know the names of any of the tracks. The name itself, Juno Reactor, just made me think of my Roland Alpha Juno-1, and all the other Juno synths, like the 6, 60 and 106, but I'm not sure that's related to the name at all. Gotta love the basslines of the Juno 60, probably my most immediately workable synth. Think of a sound, pull some sliders and there, you've made it.

This friend also played me some Infected Mushroom, which I also liked, but again, I can't name any specific track. I played him some Yeti:

Oh, look, I'm quadruple posting. Probably my TTLG posting highscore so far. Sorry about that. I blame the coffee.

Page 139 of 139 FirstFirst ... 39899499104109114119124129134135136137138139