TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 14 of 146 FirstFirst ... 4910111213141516171819242934394449545964114 ... LastLast

Thread: Current song you are listening to(or the Last song you listened to)

Quote Originally Posted by Vivian View Post
    Jesus P Fuck. So that's what it would look like if Robert Plant and Lenny Kravitz accidentally got in the same teleporter.
    Hehe, well I've never come to think of it before, but now when you say it...
    E-Type is well known for his "haircut" here in Sweden! And of course his catchy songs!

Ratatat - Wildcat

Keeper of FMs
    Quote Originally Posted by dethtoll View Post
    This fucking thing has been stuck in my head all night. Friggin' downtempo internet radio station.

Also, this.
    I prefer Mirwais' Disco Science. Any video with a light saber, weird bondage & lazer titties is cool with me.

Been listening to one of the most underrated bands from the 90s, Soul Coughing, who just never put out enough music. Anyway, at the moment it's Super Bon Bon, but take your pick, all their stuff is good. Mike Doughty's solo stuff is pretty good too, just not as edgy.

Move aside, and let the man go through, let the man go through...

Quote Originally Posted by Scots Taffer View Post
    Ratatat - Wildcat
    Random fact: My cell-number is the former number for Mike Stroud (the Ratatat's guitarist), and even now, years later, I still get about maybe a call or 2 a day for him, and a text or 2. I really didn't know this band before I got the phone; now I know just about every important link in their life.

One of those things you never really get a chance to publicly announce, but when you do nobody knows what to say about it anyway... It's not the sort of thing that usually just "happens".

Also, because they're a NYC band ... it's often sort of hard for me to judge how big NY Bands are outside the City because they always have this "local" vibe to them, and because you see them in local venues. Matisyahu was like that for me, too. The Ratatat phone connection just compounds that impression. Then I'll hear about people from other parts of the country, much less other countries, getting into them and it'll surprise me that they're much bigger than I thought.
    Last edited by demagogue; 11th Feb 2009 at 23:34.

As always, I got put onto them by a person who has their shit together with regard to music.

Quote Originally Posted by Brethren View Post
    Been listening to one of the most underrated bands from the 90s, Soul Coughing, who just never put out enough music.
    Based on how the quality of their albums decreased with each release I almost think they put out too much. Ruby Vroom is still totally amazing, though.

Level 10,000 achieved
    Quote Originally Posted by Scots Taffer View Post
    Ratatat - Wildcat
    Oh my God yes! I rediscovered Ratatat myself a few days ago, and this track in particular really does it for me. There's something sorta Commodore64y about it.

fuck me, I can't stop listening to The Prodigy's new single, Omen.

Permanently Enlarged

Argyle Park - Misanthrope Misguided Sorta old skool industrial. I think they took sound bites from "The Lawnmower Man."

Right around the 2 minute mark is kinda catchy.

Duck Tales theme song

Woke up and had this song in my head: Ulla Meinecke - Nie wieder. My mother used to play that a lot when I was a kid. Every few years or so I dig up Ulla Meinecke again. And every time this song contains all that's happened inbetween plus the latest layer of meaning that is being applied by me.
    Oh yeah, while it's great music, it's also German 80s pop, so I guess most needn't bother clicking the link. It's a personal thing, you wouldn't understand. But quite possibly you know artists or songs that mean the same to you. Listen to them instead.

Hash Pipe by Weezer was what just played as I hit random on my media player. Good old tune.

Sexfaldur by Amiina. Chilled out wintry orchestral stuff from Iceland to go with the snow outside my window.

Amiina are {I think literally} the sound of Sigur Ros without vocal or guitar.

Next up: Shearwater - Rook, which has just arrived courtesy of Amazon.

My wife thought it was her MGMT CD

Duck Tales, Woo Ooh!

currently listening to: Duck Takes Theme Song

Chakat sex pillow
    Quote Originally Posted by Aja View Post
    currently listening to: Duck Takes Theme Song
    Currently listening to: Duck Takes Moon Theme Fan Rearrange Duck Blur.

Taking the Death Toll
    I've been slowly putting together a Rogue Trooper soundtrack out of the .bik files the game uses, and have been listening to the incredible 12-minute epic that Tom Bible wrote for the 6th stage (the Hoppa/dam sequence).

Selling Out by Tristania
    From my favorite Tristania album no less, I love this song. It has a good message.

No God by The Germs

Coldplay - Viva la Vida. I know some of you will think, oh my god, they are so ghey. But this is a really nice musical piece. Kind of addicting in fact. I've listened several times in a row to hear every nuance.

Taking the Death Toll

I knew I didn't actually hate rap. I just hate most rap.

Page 14 of 146 FirstFirst ... 4910111213141516171819242934394449545964114 ... LastLast