TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 140 of 140 FirstFirst ... 409095100105110115120125130135136137138139140
Results 3,476 to 3,478 of 3478

Thread: Current song you are listening to(or the Last song you listened to)

SShock2.com

I've been quite impressed with what I've heard of St Vincent, just not had the time to give it a proper go yet. Will do, just not this week, too much other stuff happening.

[Edit]

And yeah, the song that broke her in America was Hide And Seek, when it was used in some godawful teen soap, a couple of years after the album was out. Some rapper I forget even sampled it for one of his songs. Both of those things surprised me, she was "mine" and it didn't seem right that these clueless American teens now suddenly adored her. That, of course, was just my own elitist arrogant assholier-than-thou stupidity, it gave her much more exposure and probably prolonged her career significantly, so even though I despise teen soaps in general and whichever that one was in particular, I can't help but to be grateful for it.

Then again, I discovered her back in 2006 when she did an American tour and played on Jay Leno and David Letterman. I was just stunned by what I heard, when Goodnight And Go came on. And the the song built up to a weird stalker twist. And then... VOCODING! I was in love!

:ahem:

Point being, she must have been already popular enough to do American talk shows by the time I found her, so I can't claim to be one of the original fans in any way, shape or form. I just loved what I heard when I heard it. I was vaguely aware of her previous band Frou Frou but never paid enough attention, I didn't know it was her at the time.

[Edit again]

Oh, I remember now, the Frou Frou I heard back then reminded me a bit too much of Lamb, which I loved, so I dismissed Frou Frou as some lame wannabes and didn't hear more than a couple of songs. And yet again, I was clearly wrong. Sometimes I like being wrong, but in this case, I could have discovered Imogen Heap much sooner if I hadn't been so dismissive. I guess the lesson here, kids, is try to be less of a jerk than I was. You might find something.
    Last edited by Gray; 9th Nov 2019 at 21:26.

SShock2.com

Quote Originally Posted by Gray View Post
    EBM in wheelchairs? I saw a live video from some recent festival of 242, lead singer must be 60+ by now, he looks small and shrivelled up, but can still bounce across the stage like a motherfucker on speed. Not a wheelchair yet. NEP are a bit younger, so I'd expect some bouncing.
    I was just looking up my Nitzer Ebb tickets, and there was a link to... sweet merciful crap - Front 242 are playing Glasgow next year! It took me slightly less than half a millisecond to decide if I could spare the 28 for a ticket. I'm going! Woo! Only seen them live 3-4 times, and last time was over 15 years ago. I can not tell you how excited I am about this. Wow! Wow! Wow! WOW! WOW! WOWOWOWOWOWOWOW!

:jumps around on the floor like an idiot, then runs around in circles and falls over:

:gasps:

Um, I... *gasp*... kinda... um, sorta wanna see them... a bit. Can you tell?

Or, like, um... whatever...
    Boing. Peng. Boom-Tschak. Peng.

System Shock 2 Walkthrough

SShock2.com

Imogen Heap live. Just got back. Awesome. Not only is she an extremely talented musician, she's also pretty damn well funny. I have so many things to say about this great show, but I should probably sober up first. Nothing I can post can convey the awesomeness of the gig, so I'll just post this instead:

Imogen Heap: The Walk

I don't want to detract from the awesomeness of her performance, but as a drum nerd, the live drums kicked all sorts of ass you don't get on the albums. Props to the drummer, and whoever tweaked the reverb on the kit, it sounded amazing.

[Edit]

This song was not played at the show, but I've been thinking about it for weeks now. And for 14 years. Those of you who even vaguely know me will instantly realise why verse one is so dead on accurate. It's what I use to push people away.

Last edited by Gray; 10th Nov 2019 at 20:19.

Page 140 of 140 FirstFirst ... 409095100105110115120125130135136137138139140