TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 141 of 145 FirstFirst ... 419196101106111116121126131136137138139140141142143144145 LastLast
Results 3,501 to 3,525 of 3612

Thread: Current song you are listening to(or the Last song you listened to)

Level 10,000 achieved
    Suddenly remembered the late 90's George Michael video where he's dancing with a bunch of clones of himself and had to google it to make sure I hadn't just imagined the whole thing.

Oh it's real, it's very real, and y'know what, still good. The special effects have held up better than one might've guessed, and the whole thing gets increasingly hypnotic as it goes on. The song itself ain't bad either. Bit of a straightforward cover, but still solid.

I had never heard Rival Sons on the radio till today. Mostly the stations play the same fifty or so songs from the seventies, eighties, and nineties over and over. I like to think my talking them up did it but likely somebody just has good taste after all. It was this one.

I know most here don't like blues as much as me but damn.

Administrator
    The music isn't bad either...

I don't choose to listen to blues on purpose mostly but those girls are amazing.

Also want to know what that lush chord in Dream of the Archer is.

Chakat sex pillow
    Larkin Poe? They're very good. Saw this from them first, and it's stuck with me:

I rather like this one. Not just because they are singing about my state but because I swear this is the laundry mat near College Hill road we used to trip balls in and ride the dryers. I know that doesn't make sense. You see, what we would do is one of us would get in and ride with the door open while our buddies would take turns sticking their heads in howling like a wolf, laughing insanely, reciting poetry in absurdly stentorian fashion, or quoting "there is no sanctuary" from Logan's Run, you see there was this line while a head spun round... never mind. It may well make no sense. Small town boredom and too many blue star tabs. I think it was about that time that I began to wonder if there was an amount too many. Still friends with those guys to this day so there is something to be said for it though.

Plus it is a kickass tune.

SShock2.com

Spotify tells me I like The Sisters of Mercy, and I was overjoyed to get an email to inform me that they're playing live now. What it took me a while to realise, and Spotify failed to mention, is that it's way down south in Manchester ("near you", yeah right, not with this shitty train system, that could be a nine week journey). But yeah, it got me replaying all of their songs that I haven't heard for almost two whole months. Such as this one.

So, alas, no Sisters this time. But on the upside, I got tickets to see 242 in only 4 months. Yay! 242! And now I have to play ALL of their songs on continuous repeat until then. Such as this one:

Don't get me wrong, I love Manchester, I've been there and I own about 350+ albums made by people from there, I just don't trust the trains anymore. But that's a story for another day. Today is about awesome music.

[Edit]

I hesitate to post this, only because it comes with a back story I'm not sure I'm ready to share just yet. But if you know me, you might remember how I pimp this band repeatedly, and with good reason, they are so bloody awesome live. Yes, it's Bombskare again. You may now sigh and shake your head, and I'll mock you for being wrong again.

The reason I was hesitating is... well, they're playing down in Troon in a few weeks, and I was trying to persuade someone to go there with me. Someone. Someone I quite like. Well, ok, you dragged it out of me, I'm hopelessly in love with her now. And what's worse, she seems to like me too, so her judgement must be way off. The upside is that for the last few weeks I've been very happy in a way I wasn't sure I could be anymore. The full story is much much longer and full of completely implausible coincidences you'd never believe unless they happened to you, and to me, they actually did. Life is weird.

[Edit again]

Sorry, it's another Bombskare, this came up after the last one and I hadn't seen it yet. If you don't love this, I'm sorry, there's just no hope for you.

Last edited by Gray; 21st Jan 2020 at 23:31.

Deepest voice in song.

Sister's of Mercy song reminded of The 69 Eyes song Sister of Charity. Sounds like they were influenced by them. Lesser viewed song posted.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray View Post
    Spotify tells me I like The Sisters of Mercy, and I was overjoyed to get an email to inform me that they're playing live now. What it took me a while to realise, and Spotify failed to mention, is that it's way down south in Manchester ("near you", yeah right, not with this shitty train system, that could be a nine week journey). But yeah, it got me replaying all of their songs that I haven't heard for almost two whole months. Such as this one.

By god you make me sad. I have this trip in my head. First to London then down to Oakley Court where they filmed Rocky Horror and a couple of other horrors then over to Stonehenge for a pagan sacrifice and up to Upper Heyford for a memory lane at the Barley Mow with a tear on the streets of the old base and a slide through Oxford haunts before walking Penny Lane in Liverpool then up to Edinborough castle to stand on the parapet my dad did and over to Glasgow before back to Heathrow in time for the flight back all in little over a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray View Post
    The reason I was hesitating is... well, they're playing down in Troon in a few weeks, and I was trying to persuade someone to go there with me. Someone. Someone I quite like. Well, ok, you dragged it out of me, I'm hopelessly in love with her now. And what's worse, she seems to like me too, so her judgement must be way off. The upside is that for the last few weeks I've been very happy in a way I wasn't sure I could be anymore. The full story is much much longer and full of completely implausible coincidences you'd never believe unless they happened to you, and to me, they actually did. Life is weird.
    I knew it! Life IS weird! I told you! I needed to hear this today. I had an awful day in which I nearly fist fought someone if not for a cooler head coming between. Part of me wanted it but damn the jail time and hospital bills. This makes up for it. A kindred spirit being happy is the same as me being happy. Yay! Fucking A.

Everybody needs love. Most of us even deserve it.

Last edited by Tocky; 22nd Jan 2020 at 23:19. Reason: goddamn spellcheck made me misspell stonehenge

That's great Gray, I'm very happy for you!

I know Silversun Pickups is good but I have this sneaky suspicion they are trying to hypnotize me with their songs and part of me wants to rebel. You ever feel like that?

This thread is the main reason I bother coming here at the moment, it's full of interesting stuff and there's considerably more thought that goes into a post that's ultimately just a youtube link than goes into 90% of the posts in any thread about politics.

Gray's posted a lot of Bombskare but he's not posted this one yet so I reckon I can get away with it.

Aside from that I've been listening to a lot of Gary Numan lately (also Gray's fault though I can't recall if that was because of something in this thread or one of the youtube suggestions that followed something that was posted here.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljMwVU8OhH0
    Wakes me up before I go, out into the world,
    sometimes coffee ain't enough.

Maybe this link does a preview? Didn't know there were options. Most websites I frequent auto-format these accordingly.. Try, this:

woohoo!! success
    Last edited by Hit Deity; 31st Jan 2020 at 07:39. Reason: felt like it

Chakat sex pillow
    Here we go. Punk and pop-svelte but slaps like an angry supermodel. It's good to have good music again. The rest of the album is also absolute gold.

There's this recent trend of piano trios being inspired by electronica & postrock that I like.
    Anyway, GoGo Penguin have really nailed it.
    Especially I like the connection the pianist and drummer have.

Quote Originally Posted by demagogue View Post
    Anyway, GoGo Penguin have really nailed it.
    Nice to see more people appreciating them. I posted about them earlier.

Edit:
    Me? I've been sat in the quiet room.
    Last edited by qolelis; 4th Feb 2020 at 15:11.

They are good. I like them.

Still Subjective
    Quote Originally Posted by howeird View Post
    Sister's of Mercy song reminded of The 69 Eyes song Sister of Charity. Sounds like they were influenced by them. Lesser viewed song posted.
    Ha ha wtf is this? It's like Peter Steele's weedy brother was kidnapped and indoctrinated by Carl McCoy and Andrew Eldritch.

A lesser heard Type O Negative track. RIP Peter. Always loved them.

I think Gary Numan's daughter should have a song of her own where she sings like that, caffeinatedzombeh.

Anyway, this is an interesting one. For me it astounds me that I found my cousin Victor's doppleganger. The judge in this is his uncanny image. The eyes matching so well freak me out. Everything does but the eyes are astoundingly close. I would walk up to him and clap him on the back and just start talking to a total strange if I saw him in the street.

Good song too.

Note how Gray has dropped out now that he has found someone? Don't pull a Monkeysee on us now.

Here is a Volbeat I've heard on the radio-

Apparently, it's been 50 years since the release of Black Sabbath, the first album of Black Sabbath, the band whose records you didn't have to play backwards to hear the satanic messages. And as the critics referred to it at the time, a bunch of bullshit necromancy and the worst the counterculture had to offer. And I don't particularly disagree. At least to me, most of the songs on that album always sounded like something written for edgy teenagers who painted their bedrooms black.

Anyway, long story short, here's their second, far better album with many of their songs that I do like:

It's in the Bible.

I laugh when fundamentalist say it's satanic because the song theme is in the Book of Revelation. I feel the same way about the Prince song 1999.

Speaking of Bibles...

Page 141 of 145 FirstFirst ... 419196101106111116121126131136137138139140141142143144145 LastLast