TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 144 of 147 FirstFirst ... 449499104109114119124129134139140141142143144145146147 LastLast
Results 3,576 to 3,600 of 3654

Thread: Current song you are listening to(or the Last song you listened to)

Lots of folks are doing this one now. Some are pretty good.

And some on other songs

SShock2.com

Quote Originally Posted by Tocky View Post
    Most of their stuff is droning satanist mediocre but this one has something to it.

I only own the one Monster Magnet album, and I bought it specifically for this song, so yeah, I like it a lot, but I guess that makes me a casual fan at best, because I never bought another one of theirs.

Quote Originally Posted by Tocky
    I played this loud when it was out in my student dorm, and my neighbour, the Beastie Boys fan, ran into my room to exclaim that they sampled them. We instantly bonded.

Quote Originally Posted by SirLord Best View Post
    Being from London myself (not Coventry where this song is set but i can imagine it's the same there), all I can say is, this town, is coming like a...

This is perfect for how my city feels like now. Streets are empty. Quiet. Eerie. Weird.

SShock2.com

Quote Originally Posted by Karras35 View Post
    This, I like.

Quote Originally Posted by demagogue View Post
    This I love. Awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Neb View Post

Real twangy stomper.
    Never heard of these guys before, but I really like it. Very suitable. Big fan of surf guitars.

SShock2.com

Curiously, though, I find myself drawn to more thematic tunes. Maybe it's just me.

Oh yeah, I managed to escape my home country before the borders closed, and am now comfortably seated in my home sofa. As opposed to the tiny cramped guest room in my parents house, little over 1000 miles north of here. Seriously, if I'd been stuck there due to travel restrictions, one of us was gonna die. I love my parents, they've lovely people, I just can't stand being there, so if my flights were cancelled I'd either have smashed my face in with a snow shovel or, um, well, there would have been some other unpleasant death, unrelated to any virus.

But I got out, and everybody lives.

Maybe this song would go well with the current theme then. We can all relate to some moment like it even if it doesn't.

My buddy KV lost his grandmother and aunt to Covid and his cousin is fighting it now. In early January a delivery guy who was obviously sick handed a part to one of his workers who then got sick and then KV and his wife did but they got better only it went on through his family and at that time nobody was saying it was Covid. Now they have all been tested and yeah, it was. My wife and I got sick in the middle part of January which lasted a couple of weeks and was heavily respiratory so we stayed away from everyone in my family during it and sometime after, but again, they weren't saying anything about Covid then. My wife went to the doc but they did Jack. We lived but I would have been more worried, had I known what I learned today. I was in contact with him many times that month. I was in contact with my 86 year old mom many times. She is okay. Everyone in my family is but damn. I wouldn't have known any of this except he finally answered his phone today.

Going through a bunch of Brazilian music and now I'm hooked on this.

I'm discovering/exploring Aleksi Perälä:

I haven't yet decided what I think of it, but despite partly being a little too repetitive or plain, it's promising; I like the ambients, but, in general, the beats could be a little more... uhm... interesting?

Edit:
    I continued down the rabbit hole, from Perälä to Cignol and further down, and eventually got to Wisdom Track by MOY:

This one does a lot more with the beat -- on the verge of being disruptive, but I like that. Consistency is always a problem, though.
    Last edited by qolelis; 23rd Apr 2020 at 20:48.

Level 10,000 achieved

A couple new videos that are works of art.

I mean just look at this.

Aquabats crowdsourced their latest video out to their quarantined fans and the result is wonderful.

SShock2.com

Lately I've mainly been listening to two artists. Over and over. And then some more.

One is a band that's really quite difficult to explain to someone who doesn't understand Swedish, because there so much in the lyrics; sarcasm, bitterness, questioning, rejection of mainstream life. All set to some minimalist deadpan guitar-and-vocals folkish-type pop. It appeals to me on so many levels. A pity they only ever released two albums. Every single song they ever released is amazing, including the B-sides with covers of French 60s pop. This should probably suffice as an example, but they can be way, way better than this if you get the sarcasm.

Raymond & Maria: Det Går Aldrig Att Bli Dum Igen (You can never get stupid again, no matter how much you try)

And then this.

Sounds We Make ft Temilia: Dancing With Snakes

Sounds We Make just released a new album a few days ago, find it on Spotify. I am clearly biased, as he's my brother, but I've listened to his stuff over the last 30 years and he's always got a way to find a mood that suits my soul. Perhaps just because we grew up together and he can express in music what I can not. Or perhaps just because just he's a much better musician than I am.

[Edit]

Some more Raymond & Maria, this song so perfectly encapsulates everything I rejected about growing up in a small town at the very edge of civilisation. It helps if you understand Swedish, but the theme is basically "no, I'm never ever going back to this tiny little boring town and the person you expect me to be". It it so direct it's almost painful. It hits me right at the very core of my soul.

Raymond & Maria: Nej
    Last edited by Gray; 29th Apr 2020 at 10:39.

Since PigLick is 'Somewhere'

VA Beach tour withCirc singing Somewhere. Circ singing Somewhere. Electronica

Today I'm listening a couple of seconds to everything, swiftly clicking through a track before getting bored and moving on to the next. Nothing really stuck -- except this one:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUhuyZHVs9I

It gets a little samey after a while, but I like the over-all feeling.

Everything started with Sine Language by K-Lone, which could have been good... had it not insisted on vocals. It builds up to be something out of the ordinary, but then the vocals come in and destroy everything. EVERYTHING!

Edit:
    This one was nice, though (i.e. no vocals):
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avG0Cx_lhLY

Pretty chill, as the young ones probably don't say ever.

Edit 2:
    Also, "contemporary" jazz fusion something by Portico Quartet:
    Winding Snake:

Oh my (unreservedly).

Edit 3:
    More? More!
    While writing, I'm listening to Klara Lewis:

Starts out very Bachy, doesn't it!? And later? Not so Bachy.

Edit 4:
    Being able to have at most 6 videos in the same post is perhaps a good thing (demoting the first two)...
    Seven Orbits:
    Submechanophobia:

SandGrainss:

BASS!

I also got to learn what submechanophobia and thalassophobia are fears of.
    Last edited by qolelis; 2nd May 2020 at 00:59.

Chakat sex pillow
    The Portico track is <3.

If you ever want to virtually experience Thalassophobia, I think two games set the benchmark on that: Subnautica, and SOMA.

LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Sulphur View Post
    The Portico track is <3.
    I just found out about them the same day; it was a nice surprise.

If you ever want to virtually experience Thalassophobia, I think two games set the benchmark on that: Subnautica, and SOMA.
    Yeah nah, I'm good, thanks. *installing my free copy of SOMA now*

My landlubber feet prefer solid ground ("it's not a phobia, it's a... preference").

This is sexy.

SShock2.com

We will live forever, we will never die

For no apparent reason. Except the obvious.

Bo Kaspers Orkester: Vi Kommer Aldrig Att Dö (We Will Never Die)
    Boing. Peng. Boom-Tschak. Peng.

System Shock 2 Walkthrough

SShock2.com

Dammit. We lost him. Rest in Peace, Florian Schneider.

Many of us will always remember your work, it changed our lives. Thank you.

This was the one I was looking for:

live version

Darker:

brighter

This is perhaps the most obvious (or clichéd?) choice, though:

I have a few memories related to Kraftwerk (some from when my innocence was still untainted). The first ever track I listened to was Man Machine:

Edit:
    My favourite Kraftwerk cover must be something by Balanescu Quartet, for example Die Roboter.
    Last edited by qolelis; 10th May 2020 at 05:17.

SShock2.com

Quote Originally Posted by qolelis View Post
    My favourite Kraftwerk cover must be something by Balanescu Quartet, for example Die Roboter.
    Good choice, but my preference would be Computerliebe, such a beautiful version.

SShock2.com

Quote Originally Posted by howeird View Post
    Massive fan of DM. Every album, every single, as many live albums as I can find, 148 of them so far. Yeah, I'm that kind of nerd.

Page 144 of 147 FirstFirst ... 449499104109114119124129134139140141142143144145146147 LastLast