TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 149 of 150 FirstFirst ... 4999104109114119124129134139144145146147148149150 LastLast
Results 3,701 to 3,725 of 3745

Thread: Current song you are listening to(or the Last song you listened to)

HA! Hey Heartbreaker! One I've posted here.

Here is the antidote to all that upbeat. I mostly like the video because I've dreamed so many times that I could fly but only three feet off the ground until the dream police/aliens/CIA/zombies start chasing me. Then I can soar. It has a certain eerie otherworldly quality like a dream. Not necessarily a good or bad one, just just with it's own logic.

LittleFlower
    Karin Dreijer !

Since about 18 months I'm a big fan of her.
    I really like her 2009 album "Fever Ray" under the alias "Fever Ray".
    Even if you have never heard of Karin, The Knife or Fever Ray, I bet you all know the first song of that album.
    Last edited by Gryzemuis; 26th Jul 2020 at 16:42.

Nice video Tocky

Slipknot actually made a slow song with a floating woman. I kept expecting it to accelerate to a hard edge when i first viewed but it never did. Slipknot - Vermilion Pt. 2

I later found there was a part 1 to the song that had the partial hard edge. The video imagery is more disturbing, thusly more like slipknot. Somewhat of a zombie special. Slipknot - Vermilion

Not a music video but something weird i found a while back of a girl floating in the air in a Russian woods. 43 second video --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZwbwweF_WQ
    Last edited by howeird; 26th Jul 2020 at 22:05.

probably the best half hour you will ever see

Some of us 90s kids got a present last month.

Everyday Chemistry & Panchiko - Lost Media or Marketing?

Got this through some not so subtle hints from unn_atropos. And yeah, it's great.
    Last edited by Kolya; 7th Aug 2020 at 12:23.

SShock2.com

I've been listening way too much to Raymond & Maria lately. Reason being I finally, after 9 years in Glasgow, I met another Swede, and I had to start thinking in Swedish again, so I got back into music that only works in Swedish. Raymond & Maria is a 5-piece band, not named after the members, who mix Simon & Garfunkel type folk with deep sarcasm and social criticism. Sometimes subtle, sometimes quite blatant, but the music is always very simple, basic, and wonderful. Their songs stick at the back of my head for weeks and weeks.

I could list any song off of their two excellent albums, but this one stands out for a couple of reasons. One is that the pointed line in the chorus goes "everything is different in another country", and as an expatriate, I can relate. The other reason is that it's just so beautiful to listen to, never mind the sarcasm of the lyrics.

I don't think they themselves ever used the phrase "revolution by stealth", so I'm claiming it now. All of their songs are so sweet and beautiful, but there's some pretty harsh criticism hidden in those lovely choruses.

[Edit]

Bonus R&M, no sarcasm, just naive wonderful sunshine love:

(Yes, ok, mild subtext of rejection of popular culture and how most people are idiots, but it's basically a love song.)
    Last edited by Gray; 9th Aug 2020 at 22:06.

Level 10,000 achieved
    Thumbs up to all the Karin Dreijer. Kolya, I like that Alice Clarke track!

I was reading AV Club's 25 best songs of 2020 so far list recently and found a couple great videos.

This came on at the end of The Fundamentals of Caring and I like it. Great movie that manages to be both genuinely touching and funny which is a hard thing to do. Anyway the song is true.

SShock2.com

Quote Originally Posted by Gryzemuis View Post
    Karin Dreijer !
    It's always appealing to me for some reason when foreigners discover music made around my neck of the woods. Not sure why exactly, it's not national pride nor the sense that their talent somehow rubs off on the rest of us. Perhaps just because I'm from a small place and it's nice to get noticed by the outside world. I've got quite a lot of The Knife and Fever Ray, but was never too much into her previous band Honey Is Cool.

Continuing on my re-treading of old Swedish pop music that has somehow become important to me lately, here's one that I can't get out of my head. It's a silly song about a hangover, but one of the throwaway lines is just burned into my brain, "hej nu går jag ut". Pointless, yet, enjoyable, if you're an old fat boring northern Swede who once saw this guy play live in a hot sweaty student pub 29 years ago.

This is a song from "The Spear of Destiny" FM called Dewdrop. This is the most enjoyable FM played for a while and the song made it even better.

The music written on the butt of a character in a Bosch painting sounds better than most butt music.

I suppose I'm now obligated to post this one.

Why four corners of the earth? A globe doesn't have any corners.

Lazyness

holy jesus so much white dude stuff going on i gotta even the balance

fairly unsung classic

pancake drums!

not so funky but by god is this profound and lydian

this is a fixer upper

Anybody recall Camper Van Beethoven?

C'est nes pas une chanson Brubeck.

SShock2.com

Time passes faster when you're older

Life is changing, rapidly. Recently, I've been picking up my grand-daughter from school once a week. But I'm old an slow, and I can't keep up with all the new stuff she likes now. A couple of years ago, we could bombard her with the clever funniness of They Might Be Giants, and she loved it. But now, she's 11. Sheesh, almost bloody teenager! Now, all the music she likes sounds horrible to my old-pathetically-outdated-ears, and vice versa. It has highlighted something I already knew as a young man, 30 years ago, that pop music is for young people. We old farts just carry on with whatever crap we grew up with.

A few years ago, she loved this song. Me, her, and her granny (my wife), would play this over and over. But she's outgrown it now. Brings me back.

We used to sing this, quite badly, in the car going to and from school. Those were the days. The very olden days. Of the mesopotamians. Quite a long time ago.
    Boing. Peng. Boom-Tschak. Peng.

System Shock 2 Walkthrough

SShock2.com

Quote Originally Posted by demagogue View Post
    C'est nes pas une chanson Brubeck.

Bloody hell, never heard that version before, but that is right up my street. Thank you! It has the melancholy edge that exactly fits all the cliches of our supposed national character, but in this case, well, yeah, it hits right at home. I'm a cliche. I like it so much more than the original.

SShock2.com

Thanks to Demagogue, I've been listening to a lot of Dave Brubeck lately. Thank you! I had forgotten how much I loved his stuff.

Also, somewhat in the same vein, Swedish jazz musician Jan Johansson, one of my all time favourites.

It quite perfectly captures Swedish melancholy, in how everything is so beautiful, but also quite miserable.

[Edit]

Unrelated, but with a slightly more cheerful sense of melancholy.

Page 149 of 150 FirstFirst ... 4999104109114119124129134139144145146147148149150 LastLast