TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 150 of 160 FirstFirst ... 50100105110115120125130135140145146147148149150151152153154155 ... LastLast
Results 3,726 to 3,750 of 3987

Thread: Current song you are listening to(or the Last song you listened to)

Take me home...

Words are very unnecessary they can only do harm.

From Ugly is Beautiful [2020]

Quote Originally Posted by Kolya View Post

This is a thing of joy. Thank you. It also makes me want to get high.

Ah hell. This is kind of amusing in a drunken Monty Python way.

LittleFlower
    This week I was watching one of my favorite tv-shows on German TV. Ina's Nacht. Presented by Ina Mueller, a 55-year old tv-host and entertainer. As usual, from a very small pub in Hamburg (the Shellfish Post). Those shows are normally broadcasted on Friday nights at midnight. During a full hour, she interviews 2 guests. Often there is an extra musical guest who plays one or two songs. Sometimes, when the interview-guest is a singer herself/himself, she/he plays a song of her/his own. Very charming little tv-show.

This week a 60-year old grandmother of five was guest. She even sang a song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1QdFaYOYhs&t=29m54s (I'm linking an url, and not the embedded video, because the song starts at 29m54s. Can you embed and start at a certain time ?).

I've never been a fan. But for some reason this performance made me happy.

If you think you might have heard this song before, you might be right. It was the last song played during the last minutes of the last episode of the last season of "Dark".

Quote Originally Posted by Gryzemuis View Post
    This week a 60-year old grandmother of five was guest. She even sang a song.
    ... aka Nena, best known to the English speaking world for her 1980s hit 99 Luftballons.

Whereas to the German public she recently became known for posting convoluted esoteric messages on her social media that may or may not place her among the COVID-deniers. Either way she's not the sharpest tool in the shed.
    Last edited by Kolya; 17th Oct 2020 at 12:58. Reason: added spoiler tags on request

LittleFlower
    Don't spoil it. Please, edit out the name of the singer from your post. Thanks.

And yes, I was aware she had written something weird on covid. We have another thread for that. BTW, you can interpret her message as if she's against all covid-restrictions. But you can also interpret it as just a message of hope, encouraging others to not give up. For me the remarkable thing in her message was that she says she has a "deep belief in god". That's weird, imho.

Carly Simon dealing with some unresolved issues with her former lover Warren Beatty.
    Also some uncredited background vocals by Mick Jagger here.

From A Joyful Sound [to be released]
    https://kellyfinnigan.bandcamp.com/album/a-joyful-sound

Some very lively strings. I discovered them a few days ago and I've listened to little else since. Bit of a Hungarian and Polish folk collab.

No idea what kind of music this is, but it's from Israel and I found it while checking out flamenco.

Stuck in my head for weeks.

Tom Lehrer, at the age 92, has decided to release his song lyrics into public domain before he passes away:

https://tomlehrersongs.com/

DISCLAIMER STATEMENT
    I, Tom Lehrer, and the Tom Lehrer Trust 2000, hereby grant the following permission:
    All the lyrics on this website, whether published or unpublished, copyrighted or uncopyrighted, may be downloaded and used in any manner whatsoever, without requiring any further permission from me or any payment to me or to anyone else.
    Some lyrics written by Tom Lehrer to copyrighted music by others are included herein, but of course such music may not be used without permission of the copyright owners. (The translated songs may be found in their original languages on YouTube.)
    In other words, all the lyrics herein should be treated as though they were in the public domain.
    In particular, permission is hereby granted to anyone to set any of these lyrics to their own music and publish or perform their versions without fear of legal action.
    This permission applies only to the lyrics on this website. Most of the music written by Tom Lehrer will be added gradually later with further disclaimers.
    Note: This website will be shut down on December 31, 2024, so if you want to download anything, don't wait too long.

The last one unfortunately hasn't aged well to be relevant as satire, but it is about the practice of controlling pigeon populations with strychnine-treated corn that was going on at the time.

Aww, that's awesome! I loved his work as a kid. And some of it somehow never shows its age:

Hooray for New Math,
    New-hoo-hoo Math,
    It won't do you a bit of good to review math.
    It's so simple,
    So very simple,
    That only a child can do it!

Quote Originally Posted by Starker View Post
    the practice of controlling pigeon populations with strychnine-treated corn that was going on at the time.
    Can't imagine what could have gone wrong with that.

In honor of the debate.

What's up with that ancient German marching tune and a picture glorifying WW1? Do I even want to know?

The Doobie Brothers with Peter Frampton - Let It Rain (Eric Clapton Cover)

If you are allergic to the blues then Justin Johnson on a resonator will flat out kill you.

Honestly, this sounds like a really intense hospital drama to me more than a horror.

LittleFlower
    The Cult and the White Stripes are not hippies. FFS. Trying to ruin my weekend?
    Also, the Cult was 35 years ago. You hardly can call that modern.
    Elephant was released 17 years ago. Good to hear that that is still considered modern.

These are modern day musicians who you can call hippies. That would be no problem for me.

Live here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnobUwvn-Bs
    They look like hippies. Probably smell like hippies too.
    Last edited by Gryzemuis; 31st Oct 2020 at 11:16.

Ehm, he didn't call anyone hippies. Settle down Beavis.

As someone who can officially swing his hair around now I take umbrage in my momentary hippy state at any negative connotations with the word.

And now something trippy from a son of a well known hippy and his friend-

LittleFlower
    Nah, no problem. I was just kidding. I was a teenager when punk took over the world. It was a running joke that the hippies were the worst kind of people. (They weren't far from the truth, as hippies are the BabyBoomer generation). I've been repeating that mantra ever since. Just for fun. "The best hippie is a dead hippie!" etc. This opportunity to lash out against hippies was too good to let go.

"Seven Nation Army couldn't hold me down" is indeed an awesome song. I'm not a White Stripes fan. (I do own 2 of their CDs). But Seven Nation Army is a classic.

I like the Cult. It was played regularly in the clubs I used to visit in the eighties. She sells sanctuary was considered their big hit. When I had just moved to Brussels, in the nineties, I thought I should go to some concert(s) to meet new people. The first concert I went to was The Cult. A big industrial hall, outside city center. Concert started at 21:00 (very early, imho). And when they were done, everybody ran out of the hall and left. So much for my attempts at social interaction. I had almost forgotten I once saw them live.

It was also a nice opportunity to post that Angus and Julia Stone song. Even when I always scream I hate hippies, of course there was some good music made. Although my favorite bands/songs from the sixties and seventies are not the mainstream bands (Beatles, Stones, woodstock bands, etc).

In my music collection on my NAS (which I ripped/collected over the last 2 years) are:

Angus & Julia Stone, Johnny Thunders, Big Star, Joni Mitchell, Rodriguez, Captain Beefheart, The Feelies, The Residents, The Stooges, Leonard Cohen, The Velvet Underground, Mazzy Star, Tim Buckley, Jimi Hendrix, Nick Drake.

If you don't know what to listen to this week, I can recommend starting with: 1) all 3 albums by Nick Drake, 2) the banana album by Velvet Underground, 3) the first album by Captain Beefheart. Enjoy.

Last edited by Gryzemuis; 1st Nov 2020 at 07:38.

Page 150 of 160 FirstFirst ... 50100105110115120125130135140145146147148149150151152153154155 ... LastLast