TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 153 of 160 FirstFirst ... 53103108113118123128133138143148149150151152153154155156157158 ... LastLast
Results 3,801 to 3,825 of 3987

Thread: Current song you are listening to(or the Last song you listened to)

SShock2.com

On some days, I'm actually happy

Hi

Anyone know how to embed a Youtube video here correctly?
    I've tried various things but 2 of my 3 below say "Video unavailable. Watch on Youtube" when clicked (i.e. the first one and the third one). The middle one plays fine embedded. Is it purely a Youtube mystery? Thanks
    Update.
    All I can think is that in two cases the Youtube uploader has denied embedding in their respective settings although confusingly Youtube still offers the viewer the option of embedding when you click on ďShareĒ. Itís nothing to do with country-blocking as I tested viewing from 3 different countries with the same result i.e. you have to click through to Youtube first.

Anyway ... I got round to playing some of the recommendations in this thread and enjoyed.
    Like everyone Iíve got loads of my own favourites so I picked 3 from different genres in the hope somebody might like them too

Rock Ďní Roll
    I have this on CD and often play twice because I just want it to keep going.

Operatic (ish)
    As with folks in the audience this lady makes me cry.
    If you feel itís not for you I beg hang on for the first chorus (2 minutes).

Folk (ish)
    Mr Wainwright and ex-wife (now deceased).
    Kateís voice slowly comes to the front and if you listen carefully you can work out my exact location

Regards
    Last edited by Aged Raver; 10th Dec 2020 at 15:22.

4 hours with Nina Kravitz behind the controls:

Mostly (tech-)house, so a different kind of energy and I'm only 30 minutes in, so no guarantees, but I usually like her selection and taste; never gets boring like other house acts.

I heard her live once in a huge pit of stone and gravel.

After a whole day of techno and house I got bored of it and switched to Pharmakon instead -- which is not techno nor house:

Probably going to listen to her for a while until next time I switch to something else -- whatever it will be.

A song Garrett knew in his youth?

I recently came across Bardcore, especially by Hildegard von Blingin' where popular songs are re-worked in medieval style. The chorus of this has been in my head for weeks and I imagine a young Garrett humming it outside the local tavern, while he maketh a plan, no doubt substituting his own name for Robert.

Quote Originally Posted by qolelis View Post
    Pharmakon
    After the car accident Conny was never the same again...

Quote Originally Posted by howeird View Post
    Nick Drake - Saturday Sun The relaxed version.
    I like it. Slow and calming and sweet.

We lost Charlie Pride this weekend to Covid. Here is one of Charlies songs that I liked as a youngster. Charlie himself grew up not far from me in a town called Sledge which I've been through hundreds of times. "Kiss an Angel Good Morning" is likely his most popular and I like that one too but for a kid this was aces-

I did go. Back in 98 my buddy Kevin took me down Ventura highway with it's palms lining both sides and to it's rocky beach before a trip down highway one. He put this on repeat. It really is the perfect song for that ride.

My hair is as long as the guy on the right now.

None Of Them Knew They Were Robots

Which is quintessentially apropos at this particular point in time...

Mendel's machines replicate in the night
    In the black iron prison of St. Augustine's light
    He's paying the bills and they're doing him proud
    They can float their burnt offerings on assembler clouds

The new Franklins fly their kites
    With omega point in the sight
    And the post modern empire is ended tonight

From history
    The flood of counterfeits released
    The black cloud
    Reductionism and the beast
    Automatons gather all the pieces
    So the world may be increased
    In simulation jubilation

For the deceased...
    Spray-on clothes and diamond jaws
    Wrinkles smoothed by nanoclaws

With my machines I can dispatch you
    From this world without a trace
    Our nostalgia ghosts are ready to take your place

Content-shifting shopping malls
    Gasoline trees and walk-through walls

None of them knew...

As I watch the dead rise up out of the earth
    I feel the gray goo boiling my blood

Try to hide from the lies as they all come true
    Deus absconditus
    Deus nullus deus nisi deus

I feel the grey goo boiling my blood
    As the fenris wolf slowly bites through his chain
    Try to hide the myth as it becomes a man

None of them knew they were robots

Buying an X or an O
    Cats game for Joe Blow
    In state craft tic tac toe

A binary hug or kiss
    Post industrial bliss
    Can be wrung from utility mist

They stole the great arcanum
    The secret fire
    Moloch found his gold
    For the new empire
    Once again
    The necrophage becomes saint

Lindy hop around the truth
    Jump back wolf pack attack
    Swingin' up there in the noose
    Jump back wolf pack attack
    Slap back white shark attack
    Slap back white shark attack
    Phased array diffraction nets

From full-wall paint-on TV sets
    Migratory home sublets
    And time shared diamond fiber sets

Recombinant logos keys

Bitic Qabalistic trees
    I feel the grey goo boiling my blood
    As leviathan and his bugs freeze the sea

Try to save the world by immolating myself
    The flood of counterfeits released
    From history
    The black cloud
    Automotons gather all the pieces
    The resurrection of the deceased
    In simulation jubilation
    For the builders
    So the world may be increased
    Of the body of the beast

Honestly I've been listening to fett a lot lately. I mean this song is badass. Seriously. I only go on the Personal Music creation thread every now and then to catch up and I like a lot of the stuff there but shoot out the lights this is good.

Beatles: Get Back - Sneak Peek of Aug 2021 film

Quote Originally Posted by qolelis View Post
    4 hours with Nina Kravitz behind the controls:

Mostly (tech-)house, so a different kind of energy and I'm only 30 minutes in, so no guarantees, but I usually like her selection and taste; never gets boring like other house acts.

I heard her live once in a huge pit of stone and gravel.

Me like

Merry Christmas everyone!
    Last edited by Karras35; 23rd Dec 2020 at 10:18.

I've probably listened to more music this year than any previous, and my pick for favourite artist discovery is between Lajků Fťlix and Jorge Ben. They've made a gloomy year worthwhile.

All versions of this tune have the CD skipping artefacts, so the master recording must've been rescued from behind someone's desk.

So much good stuff on here Iím just clicking at random.

@ Tocky
    I much enjoyed Kyd Kalydoscope and had to go to YouTube to understand the significance of the hospital images. Great stuff. I also enjoyed Clair de Lune. I have albums by the late Isao Tomita including his Clair de Lune, but Iíll not post as you may not like. As you may know, he interprets lots of famous classical pieces like Snowflakes Are Dancing, the Planet Suite, etc in electronic form, so interesting. Good with stereo headphones.

Along with vast gaps in my knowledge I only vaguely knew of the band America so Iím amazed to read on Wikipedia they originated in London around the time I was just out of college. Listening to their greatest hits I recognise A Horse With No Name but guess I was locked into other things by then.

@Gray
    I enjoyed the Scunner video and as is the way of the internet I ended up watching 2 or 3 of his band. In years gone by I had several happy visits to Glasgow, very friendly people, even to Sassenachs . My wife and I visited the Burrell Collection at Pollokshields. Stunning place and we were talking about it for weeks. I imagine thatís not too far from where Scunnerís video was shot, although I read itís under refurbishment at present.

A song for New Year's Eve

For those who play Thief, I can imagine Garrett in the "fiery procession of guisers" in this song carrying a flaming tar barrel on his head. (See half way through video). I've seen a similar event on November 5th at Ottery St Mary (Devon. U.K.) when "in a tradition dating from the 17th century, barrels soaked in tar are set alight and carried aloft through parts of the town by residents". The Dale in the song is Allendale but it could just as easily be Darkdale.

"Tar Barrel in Dale
    Fire in snow
    Toast the New Year
    Bid farewell to the old"

This will forever be my new years song. In 2000 on this day I drank a cup of coffee staring out my kitchen window watching a family of deer in the pasture not fifty feet from me and listened to this song on the radio. It imprinted and is the only song I think of on this day.

Quote Originally Posted by Aged Raver View Post
    So much good stuff on here I’m just clicking at random.

@ Tocky
    I much enjoyed Kyd Kalydoscope and had to go to YouTube to understand the significance of the hospital images. Great stuff.
    Oh it's more than that. The guy you are listening to was a regular here named fett for a long time. He doesn't stop by much anymore but is fondly thought of by us old timers. He is busy and we are glad he is.

BTW you are from the ancestral home of my surname. Also thank you for the song about a tradition I knew nothing about.
    Last edited by Tocky; 1st Jan 2021 at 22:31.

Thanks for the Beatles movie heads-up! I had no idea such awesome was coming our way. ��

The horse with no name is following me across media. First it came up on the radio when I still thought it was Neil Young. Then I heard it in Sidorovich's bunker (in the game: Stalker Anomaly) and now it's mentioned here.

Largely off-topic

Thanks for the comments. Much appreciated.

@Tocky
    Watching and listening to your newest post I was thinking you were quick-out-of-the-blocks as it only went up yesterday on YouTube. Another song I didnít know! And thanks, I didnít know that fett was a TTLG-er although I did see in a YouTube exchange of comments that TTLG was mentioned. Well done him. Very accomplished chap. Yes Iím relatively new to the forum. I was sent a THIEF demo in the late 1990s but as John Lennon said Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans. Iím still finding my way around here. Good to hear about your links to Sussex. I can report that this bit of it is cold and grey, but no snow.

@Kolya
    Yes. Similarly on itís first day of posting I stumbled on the Peter Jackson video about his coming Beatles film. It looks like it will be fun. The last film of his I saw was a documentary They Shall Not Grow Old. As those who saw it know, itís created from First World War footage, 100 years old, and the jerky old films (I read) were re-timed from 13 frames a second to 24, using computer techniques to create the missing frames. Ten minutes into the film it changes from black and white to colourised, again using modern techniques. Lip-readers had worked out what the soldiers in those silent films were saying, so with added sound effects and synchronised voice acting, plus voice-over from old soldiers of WW1 recorded in the 1960s, you realise these were very much real men and boys and it could have been filmed yesterday. Very moving.

Perhaps The Horse With No Name is carrying a message. I'm joking.
    Last edited by Aged Raver; 3rd Jan 2021 at 02:43.

Lal & Mike Waterson - Rubber Band

A rousing fun song from sister and brother, with sister Norma in chorus, from their 1972 album Bright Phoebus. The Watersons, from Yorkshire with Gypsy in their ancestral roots, mainly sang traditional UK songs but this album was way different and described as the Sgt. Pepper of The Folk World. Dark and Sunny Pagan is another description. Allegedly a postman, credited in the liner notes, who was delivering a package during the recording, was invited to join in the chorus of one of the tracks.

Years ago there was a BBC documentary about Bright Phoebus.

SShock2.com

I die, you die

Wear your masks. Keep your distance. Don't be a dick.

SShock2.com

Punish your machine

I'm sure I'm not the only person who has experienced some technical difficulties lately. Frustration building up. So what do you do? Release!

Page 153 of 160 FirstFirst ... 53103108113118123128133138143148149150151152153154155156157158 ... LastLast