TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 157 of 160 FirstFirst ... 57107112117122127132137142147152153154155156157158159160 LastLast
Results 3,901 to 3,925 of 3987

Thread: Current song you are listening to(or the Last song you listened to)

Radio Garden Moskau

http://radio.garden/visit/dolgoprudny/3Da8ESlD

currently playing:

Kraftwerk - Robots

Quote Originally Posted by Aged Raver View Post
    I first saw this lady some years back. She was mesmeric and dominated the room with chanteuse versions [...] We were metres from her at a small table in front of the stage and I was transfixed. Hardly dared breathe. Just her and a very good pianist on upright piano.
    I had a similar experience with Katriana a few years back in a small club in Dortmund (Subrosa). She sang these personal, intensely emotional words right in front of me and she got me bad.

Another Song In C

> ... she got me bad.

Ah! I found the lyrics and got Google to translate. I see what you mean. Almost a kind of self-therapy for her.

I’ve never seen this gentleman on his visits to the U.K. but watched many videos of him (and members of his family). Craftsmanship, composition, delivery. Quirky mannerism. Sometimes very funny. Sometimes intensely personal. Quiet rage. Often far too honest. Always well constructed. But obviously this song isn’t going anywhere.

Here’s another song in C
    When I play piano, it’s my key
    If I was playing my guitar
    I’d probably be in G, the chances are

Every so often Pink reminds me why I like her.

Quote Originally Posted by Karras35 View Post
    This is great, thanks for posting. I'm station hopping now.

Edit:
    And then I started listening to various languages and ended up on Greenland, watching YouTube videos about the language.
    Last edited by qolelis; 16th Feb 2021 at 15:00.

LittleFlower
    I love Nick Drake's music. Three perfect albums.

I was surprised to hear this song yesterday. I was not surprised to hear Frank's music was an inspiration for Nick Drake.

Blues Run The Game

Good choice. It seemed nearly everyone was singing this in English folk clubs in the late sixties, even me. I know Al Stewart does the backing on some of the album but I didn’t know or forgot that Paul Simon produced it. They shared a flat in London in the early days. Still got the album somewhere. Frank had a tough life.

LittleFlower
    Late sixties I was a toddler. I think I am slightly older than the average age of the longtime posters here. But only a few years older. (I was 35 when I played Thief). Good to see there are posters here that are even a bit older than me.

I'm not a fan of "Hippie Music". I've been told (here) that that genre does not exist. But I do own some albums made by hippies. Big Star, Captain Beefheart, Nick Drake, Velvet Underground, Stooges, Residents, Tim Buckley. And a few more. And now Jackson C. Frank too. It's always good to encounter good music that is old, but still deserves to be heard.

What I like about this song is how the suppression in his voice actually carries the passion, culminating in a pause at 1:45.

This reminds me of Richard so much.

La Bamba - Ritchie Valens (1958)

I hadn’t heard of Valens at the time, nor Big Bopper but I did have Buddy Holly records and remember my Mother reading in the newspaper that all three had died in a plane crash. Based on a Mexican folk song this sold a million (as a ‘B’ side) and itself became the base of Twist and Shout, by Isley Brothers, Beatles et al. Ritchie was 17.

I did once try to learn the words so I could sing along while jumping up and down. I read that a better translation of the 2nd line is “A little style (grace) is needed”, not as video says.

Para bailar la bamba
    Se necesita una poca de gracia”

Last edited by Aged Raver; 21st Feb 2021 at 02:29.

It was always on rotation at the ice hockey when I'd go as a kid, so that's how it's been burned into my psyche.

HaHa! I only saw ice hockey live a couple of times but I’ve seen it on TV and remember “Another One Bites the Dust” but I guess that must have been late 80's.

La Bamba was hugely popular here in Germany in the late 1980s by the version of Los Lobos who recorded it for the film La Bamba. I always wanted to watch that sometime because I really liked Lou Diamond Philips in Young Guns II.

Quote Originally Posted by Kolya View Post
    La Bamba was hugely popular here in Germany in the late 1980s by the version of Los Lobos who recorded it for the film La Bamba. I always wanted to watch that sometime because I really liked Lou Diamond Philips in Young Guns II.
    You should. It's good. I've seen it a hundred times because anything my wife likes we see a hundred times. It's one of those we quote lines from. Lou is excellent in it.

To contribute, here is one one I have no idea what she is saying but I love the way she says it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tocky View Post
    ... I have no idea what she is saying but I love the way she says it.
    I suspect the lyrics are very clever in Spanish/Catalan. Perhaps bassoferrol may comment (I enjoyed LA UNIÓN Werewolf of Paris by the way, which is what triggered posting La Bamba) . Best I can do using Google translate + poetic licence:

The crescent new moon caught her like the horns of the bull (moonstruck by love). By the last phase, gored, the waning crescent was more like a cradle (or grave). She doesn’t understand her own feelings so how can the moon but she asks forgiveness (Perdóname luna - Pardon me moon).

If I read correctly the ladies are doing a streamed concert this Saturday and Sunday. And with a more expensive ticket on Sunday “you will appear on the screens so that the artist can see you during the concert”. HaHa! I don’t think they’d want to see me. Even for a few more Euros.

My experience with streamed concerts hasn’t been perfect. A few Fridays ago I was at Glasgow Royal Concert Hall (virtually) to watch the 2021 Transatlantic Session with Julie Fowlis, Kris Drever and some of the “house band”. Understandably it was a bit clunky because of Covid restrictions.
    Last edited by Aged Raver; 24th Feb 2021 at 05:06.

Caetano Veloso – Tonada de Luna Llena (1994)

Seeing Las Migas doing that wonderful hand clap and singing about the moon got me searching for an album I bought from Brazil, many moons ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Tocky View Post
    You should. It's good.
    Good to know. Will do.

Now imagine for a second if you will, that the girls from "Faster Pussy Cat Kill Kill" had formed a band.
    It would probably sound like world wise Shangri Las with heavy guitars.

https://lawitches.bandcamp.com/album/play-with-fire

Nothing special, just a few tunes stuck in my head.

French synth pop.

Progressive thrash, or whatever sub-genre labels people like bolting together ATM. Kettle boils at 55 seconds.

Okay, I'll throw in this too. Jazz cover of a really popular Spanish song from the 70s.

I assume this is the original by joan manuel serrat?

Page 157 of 160 FirstFirst ... 57107112117122127132137142147152153154155156157158159160 LastLast