TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 162 of 162 FirstFirst ... 62112117122127132137142147152157158159160161162
Results 4,026 to 4,037 of 4037

Thread: Current song you are listening to(or the Last song you listened to)

Since I mentioned them.

It's that time of year. This is my land and people. I've been over the Tallahatchie more times than I can count. My favorite Bridge is the one over it just past Abbeville.

They have cleaned it up and widened both road and river since that picture was taken but it will always be that way in my mind. Every time you drove past there were folks on the parallel railroad bridge fishing from it and you could holler over asking how they were biting and they always answered, usually with a so so hand waggle. I have dreamed about that bridge.

Quote Originally Posted by Tocky View Post
    It's that time of year. This is my land and people. I've been over the Tallahatchie more times than I can count ... I have dreamed about that bridge.
    Oh, good post, 3rd of June. I always related (too well) to the dinner-table chatter but never decided what really happened at Choctaw Ridge.

It's a mystery. It seems to be a love story gone awry.

I think Wolfgang Van Halen stole Fett's idea. It's a kickass song so I'm sure he is forgiven.

Oh what the hell, the forum is MINE now anyway, one more won't hurt. This is sentimental and hits a heart string.

I hadnít heard of Wolfgang Van Halen until these two videos and knew little about his Dad, but after I read about them both, and then seeing the second video, itís powerful stuff.

What does she say in the first twelve seconds in the Van Halen video?

HE. Let's not be hairist. That is young Wolfie.

Wolfie- Lets go up to uh...
    Eddie- Yeah...
    Wolfie- I love you daddy.
    Eddie- Shhhhew. I love you.
    Wolfie- I'll meet you up in the um... drum...
    Eddie- We got to clean up the garage and build a little studio for you and me... or for you.
    Wolfie- ha ha ha.
    Eddie- Bye bye.

And so they did. And Wolfie became an excellent musician like his dad.

His bumblebee guitar is the one he laid in Dimebag Darrell's coffin. Barring a zombie outbreak, nobody will ever play it again.

Thank you, Tocky.

Since I mentioned Dimebag here is one of Pantera's more famous songs. Not that I much liked Pantera. I respect that he and Eddie were friends and fellow guitar players, so much that Dimebags last words were Van Halen. He had asked Eddie to make him a guitar like bumblebee and Eddie hadn't gotten around to it by the time of his death. When Dimebag was shot to death performing it was too late so at the funeral Eddie laid the original bumblebee in his casket saying that Dimebag was an original and deserved the original. I am in awe of the fact that Eddie laid a million dollar guitar down to be buried. It placed sentiment over money and you can call that crazy but I respect hell out of that.

SShock2.com

Funny you should mention Pantera, I very nearly posted one of their songs just now.

Tonight started out being very VERY bored since everything on TV was about bloody football. Meh. Grown men kicking a ball across a field. Big deal.

So instead I went into nostalgia mode and started with some old heavy metal. Mainly just to block out the mind-numbingly dull sports. This was my starting point.

Then I went through loads of bands, Pantera being among them going gradually more and more electronic, as is my habit, and ended up with this again.

The whole story is much, much longer, and also, much more tedious and boring.

[Edit]

Metallica, Eisbrecher, Die Krupps, KMFDM, Slayer, Megadeth, Pantera, FLA, F242, NEP, Covenant... you know, the usual logical progression.
    Last edited by Gray; 11th Jun 2021 at 18:43.
    Boing. Peng. Boom-Tschak. Peng.

System Shock 2 Walkthrough

Page 162 of 162 FirstFirst ... 62112117122127132137142147152157158159160161162