TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 162 of 162 FirstFirst ... 62112117122127132137142147152157158159160161162
Results 4,026 to 4,047 of 4047

Thread: Current song you are listening to(or the Last song you listened to)

Since I mentioned them.

It's that time of year. This is my land and people. I've been over the Tallahatchie more times than I can count. My favorite Bridge is the one over it just past Abbeville.

They have cleaned it up and widened both road and river since that picture was taken but it will always be that way in my mind. Every time you drove past there were folks on the parallel railroad bridge fishing from it and you could holler over asking how they were biting and they always answered, usually with a so so hand waggle. I have dreamed about that bridge.

Quote Originally Posted by Tocky View Post
    It's that time of year. This is my land and people. I've been over the Tallahatchie more times than I can count ... I have dreamed about that bridge.
    Oh, good post, 3rd of June. I always related (too well) to the dinner-table chatter but never decided what really happened at Choctaw Ridge.

It's a mystery. It seems to be a love story gone awry.

I think Wolfgang Van Halen stole Fett's idea. It's a kickass song so I'm sure he is forgiven.

Oh what the hell, the forum is MINE now anyway, one more won't hurt. This is sentimental and hits a heart string.

I hadnít heard of Wolfgang Van Halen until these two videos and knew little about his Dad, but after I read about them both, and then seeing the second video, itís powerful stuff.

What does she say in the first twelve seconds in the Van Halen video?

HE. Let's not be hairist. That is young Wolfie.

Wolfie- Lets go up to uh...
    Eddie- Yeah...
    Wolfie- I love you daddy.
    Eddie- Shhhhew. I love you.
    Wolfie- I'll meet you up in the um... drum...
    Eddie- We got to clean up the garage and build a little studio for you and me... or for you.
    Wolfie- ha ha ha.
    Eddie- Bye bye.

And so they did. And Wolfie became an excellent musician like his dad.

His bumblebee guitar is the one he laid in Dimebag Darrell's coffin. Barring a zombie outbreak, nobody will ever play it again.

Thank you, Tocky.

Since I mentioned Dimebag here is one of Pantera's more famous songs. Not that I much liked Pantera. I respect that he and Eddie were friends and fellow guitar players, so much that Dimebags last words were Van Halen. He had asked Eddie to make him a guitar like bumblebee and Eddie hadn't gotten around to it by the time of his death. When Dimebag was shot to death performing it was too late so at the funeral Eddie laid the original bumblebee in his casket saying that Dimebag was an original and deserved the original. I am in awe of the fact that Eddie laid a million dollar guitar down to be buried. It placed sentiment over money and you can call that crazy but I respect hell out of that.

SShock2.com

Funny you should mention Pantera, I very nearly posted one of their songs just now.

Tonight started out being very VERY bored since everything on TV was about bloody football. Meh. Grown men kicking a ball across a field. Big deal.

So instead I went into nostalgia mode and started with some old heavy metal. Mainly just to block out the mind-numbingly dull sports. This was my starting point.

Then I went through loads of bands, Pantera being among them going gradually more and more electronic, as is my habit, and ended up with this again.

The whole story is much, much longer, and also, much more tedious and boring.

[Edit]

Metallica, Eisbrecher, Die Krupps, KMFDM, Slayer, Megadeth, Pantera, FLA, F242, NEP, Covenant... you know, the usual logical progression.
    Last edited by Gray; 11th Jun 2021 at 18:43.
    Boing. Peng. Boom-Tschak. Peng.

System Shock 2 Walkthrough

You know you can just go straight from Metallica to Die Krupps right?

As long as you stop before Mudvayne.

This is cool.

The Weight produced by "Playing For Change"

Great video Tocky. I'd never heard of "Playing For Change" and went on to explore their other productions. With itís enigmatic lyrics, verging on biblical, Iíve always liked the song ďThe WeightĒ (particularly by Cassandra Wilson) and wasn't sure about this version even though Robbie Robertson (who wrote it) is in it himself but by half way I changed my mind and by the end was totally hooked, you might say emotional. 2 videos talk about how it was made. It was a shock to see the song is over 50 years old. Surely some mistake.

"When I saw Carmen and the Devil walking side by side"

Yeah. I've liked that one since I heard it in Easy Rider.

This one is my buddy Richards favorite. They have moved him to hospice now. Days they say. My daughter and I went to his place and tried to coax his cat out from under his house because he is worried for it and she said she would take it home but no luck so far. Next time we try bacon. While there we stared out at his lake and told stories of him. How ornery and unsentimental he is. How I told him I love him today and he just said I know it. How she made him laugh till he couldn't breathe when she hit that golf ball right into my bent over butt from fifty feet while I hunted one of her errant ones. How we met in sixth grade and stayed friends to this day. Just missing him already I guess.

I remember doing The Weight at karaoke, and I just assumed everyone knew it, because, you know, I need the harmonies for the "aaaannd...." But no one else in the group even knew it (they were only about 10~15 years younger than me; not even that young), and so I'm trying to prompt them, in between singing the lyrics, to do the harmonies. But they don't understand that they're supposed to hold the note, and it ends up that they all just sing the three notes of the triad in a row -- and, and, and... It was ridiculous. How can people grow up and never have heard this song?

@Tocky
    Very sorry to hear that. I had wondered about him after you posted in another thread some months ago. Then you thought it might be a year and a half. It seems to have advanced very quickly. Guess you didn't get to do that road trip.

@demagogue
    A variation (sort-of) of knowledge/generations etc is that Mermans Mosengo who very much does know the song (and is in the video with Ringo Starr) had no idea who The Beatles were.
    "The Weight" (Part 2) Behind the Song

Thanks, Aged Raver. No, we didn't get a road trip. He never felt up to it. It's gone crazy fast now. The part in his brain is relentless. We managed to catch the cat though. I set up a trap with a can of food in it and he came out and went right to me instead today. I guess he thought it over and I didn't seem like such a bad fellow after all. I hope he likes plenty of cat company because my daughter has quite few. She has decided to name him uncle cat because she always called Richard her uncle and he never gave it a name. I hope he doesn't miss Richard too much.

I'm too depressed to post any music.

verbose douchebag
    Danny Elfamn just dropped a really interesting and eclectic ablum called Big Mess which warrants a look.

Here is a good track for a taste:

It isn't all like that though.
    It's fucking bonkers, well worth your time.

Lest we forget...

Level 10,000 achieved
    I like that Danny Elfman track. Feels Sparks-ish to me.

Here's a stinkin fresh (as in dropped 11 hours ago) Prodigy & RZA collab. What a crowdpleaser. I'm in that crowd. I'm pleased.

Page 162 of 162 FirstFirst ... 62112117122127132137142147152157158159160161162