TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 163 of 163 FirstFirst ... 63113118123128133138143148153158159160161162163
Results 4,051 to 4,071 of 4071

Thread: Current song you are listening to(or the Last song you listened to)

Loudon Wainwright III

Sometimes I Forget

Daughter

Last edited by Aged Raver; 29th Jun 2021 at 06:49. Reason: Song titles

Man that Sometimes I Forget song is on the money. Not long after my Dad died I picked up the phone to call before I remembered and I did the same thing with Richard. It's an empty feeling. Like the floor dropped out from under you with the remembering.

I know. Even the cat looks puzzled. I hoped that the Daughter song might cheer things up a bit.
    Last edited by Aged Raver; 28th Jun 2021 at 12:28.

An interesting cover of the Guns N' Roses song Patience by Chris Cornell. He sings the same melody but changes the chords around the melody, which makes for a pretty different take of the song. On the same album is also a good cover of Nothing Compares To You without Sinéad O'Connor's over-emotional pathos (this doesn't mean I don't like her version of the song but Cornell does a more laid-back rendition).

SShock2.com

Dance yourself sober!

I've been on a bit of a Bombskare bender again today. Yes, I can already hear you sighing and rolling your eyes, this Scottish ska thingy again. But tonight I found a new video I hadn't seen before. I knew the song, they played it live lots of times, and I've probably posted a rooftop live version about six times in this thread alone, but I've never seen this official video until 15 minutes ago. I found it mildly amusing. You may want to avert your gaze occasionally. And if you can listen to this and not tap your feet, there is probably something physically wrong with your feet.

SShock2.com

Oh, and while on the subject of ska, I can't believe I forgot to post this last Friday, it was the local topic of the evening.

Reel Big Fish was a band I just accidently discovered in the 90s, I had a friend who was a massive ska fan at the time. Now, I live in a city they've played live in at least twice, but both times the tickets were sold out and I couldn't see them, but my stepson did. He thought he discovered a new band he had to tell me about, so I had to do the whole "well, back in my day" speech.

My buddy Dave, who quit where I work to go to Nashville with his new wife (I took the wedding photos) just got the gig of drummer with Saving Able. Addicted is their biggest hit but I like this one better.

Dave is the long haired one. Like I told him, those people who said you can't do it? Fuck those people.

[IMG][/IMG]

After 55 years of hurt, can It really come home tonight?

Ah, well posted! Yes I remember 1966. More so 1970 when we thought it would be a certainty and the shock that other countries could teach us how to play football. (For non Europeans and non football/soccer fans there’s a bit of an international game this evening between Italy and England. It’s 55 years since England won a championship. As is traditional I read our neighbours over the border have been backing “Anyone but England” for the last month and now we're in the final they’ve all been buying Italian flags. The song is from 1996, hence the lyrics "30 years of hurt". Only now it's 55.)

30 minutes before kick-off.

Edit: Lost in a penalty shoot-out. Our usual destiny. Well done Italy. And Amazon for selling a lot of flags.
    Last edited by Aged Raver; 11th Jul 2021 at 18:14.

After all that shameful display English fans put up, the loss comes well deserved. If the previous matches are any indication, they'd have been incredibly sore and disgraceful winners.

I don't know... there are a lot of loyal fans who deserve a win after all this time. I would have liked to see it myself. Hard to lose in the last seconds too after such a hard fought game. I tend to think this way-

Eh, it really brings out the best and worst in the country. The team did a great job of course, far better than any for so long and also showed themselves to be good competitors. They have much to be proud of. Italy were better overall last night aside from the first half, but also fouled more (including one outrageous tug of Saka by their captain), I think 3 or 4 yellow cards in the match? Unfortunately the three players who missed/had penalties saved have been showered with racist abuse online, so there's that.

What's that I'm supposed to post a video? Ok here you go:

Chris Wood / The Dead South

Quote Originally Posted by Starker View Post
    After all that shameful display English fans put up, the loss comes well deserved...
    I don’t have a TV and listened to the match on the radio but my Polish carpenter, an England supporter, tells me there were scenes of shameful disrespect to Italian fans, so I well identify with the above sentiment. These people don’t represent me nor, hopefully, the majority.
    Moving on ...

"... man and his mischief"

"In Hell I'll be in Good Company"

Booing during National anthems
    Shining laser lights into keepers’ eyes during penalty series
    Shootings fireworks near the hotel of the Italian team
    Racist crap towards the players that missed penalties

Yep, I’m glad Italy won!

SShock2.com

I very nearly made a comment about England and football. Then I remembered I don't really give the tiniest of shits. But I'm mildly pleased they did not win, we'd never hear the bloody end of it. They're still insufferable about 1966, as if it was somehow important. It's just grown men kicking a ball across a field.

SShock2.com

The police are getting younger every day!

But on another note, for some reason this song popped into my head and has stayed there most of the week.

Boing. Peng. Boom-Tschak. Peng.

System Shock 2 Walkthrough

Carrickfergus

Allegedly Carrickfergus had no references before 1965 when recorded by Dominic Behan who said he learned the first and third verses from actor Peter O’Toole, and wrote the second verse himself. Nobody knew where O’Toole got it from and it was said he inadvertently helped preserve a song that might otherwise have been forgotten. Learned research suggests the origins (and offshoots like The Kerry Boat Song, The Sick Young Lover, Peggy Gordon, the Welsh Mae'r Mor yn Faith etc) go back via Do Bhi Bean Uasal with Irish Gaelic and English interspersed by someone who knew the Scottish/English Waly, Waly / The Water is Wide and grafted verses onto an older Irish song from the 18th century with that familiar theme of lovers kept apart by a stretch of water. Songs handed down orally, merged or part translated often have inconsistencies and verses don’t follow logic, but this is a great song to sing when you’ve had a beer with friends.

"I’ve been drinking
    and I’m seldom sober"

Although later

SShock2.com

This has been on my mind most of the day. Maybe it's the weather all week.

Boing. Peng. Boom-Tschak. Peng.

System Shock 2 Walkthrough

SShock2.com

It's been a long, warm, hot, sunny day, in a place that usually just has sideways rain. Reminded me of someplace else, a day, a time, a rock festival in a galaxy far far away in another millennium.

Bright Phoebus - Lal and Mike Waterson - 1972

Apparently Mike was up a ladder painting a Victorian window frame and a lad working with him asked “How do you write a song?”. At that moment the sun broke through and he said “I don’t know. It’s like today bright Phoebus shines.” The lad asked what he meant so he had to explain about Phoebus and made up a verse. Then he said “You’ll have to excuse me” and took an hour off work and went to Lal, his sister, picked up a guitar and wrote the song before he forgot. He then went back to work and deducted an hour off his time.

Today bright Phoebus he smiled down on me for the very first time

Last edited by Aged Raver; 22nd Jul 2021 at 05:36.

Page 163 of 163 FirstFirst ... 63113118123128133138143148153158159160161162163