TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 167 of 169 FirstFirst ... 67117122127132137142147152157162163164165166167168169 LastLast
Results 4,151 to 4,175 of 4201

Thread: Current song you are listening to(or the Last song you listened to)

Thanks. It's just what I like. Nice to hear from Annie. She has spoken some very true lines.

This guy is like a young Freddie Mercury. And it is so very London. I've been on that Trafalgar lion. I've walked across that bridge. I also agree with the sentiment though how many of us reach rock star levels of living? Still it's quite the anthem for living your best life. Always go for it, as long as it seems fun, just ignore the voices holding you back and dive in.

KONGOS - Come with me Now. That's a good one.

I'm forever blowing bubbles

This is my favorite of Dorothy's. In some of her videos she looks so much like my daughter (and sings a bit like her) that it messes up the song for me.

SShock2.com

All the numbers say I should hate that cover, but I'm gonna blaspheme and say I actually like it more, because it adds drama and tension. But I really do love the original.

[Edit]

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KKQbcJyVKR0
    Last edited by Gray; 8th Oct 2021 at 00:42.

SShock2.com

Dreams of leaving

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Mfv34V4DchM

Not too terribly subtle, given the current situation. Written in 1978, yet apt.

I take it that was you keep me hanging on but by who? All I got was not available in your country.

Since we are doing covers here is the one done earlier but by the might as well be son.

SShock2.com

Oh, really? Unfortunate, it was by the Supremes, so you must know it already. Unfortunately my linking sucked last night as I was on the very moody tablet, but they still play fine to me. I just couldn't make them look pretty.

[Edit]

Does this link work better then?

I would still argue that the above cover by Kim Wilde adds drama. Heathen, me. As much as I love 60s soul, I wish they'd added more anger and force to it, to match the lyrics. Diana is a fantastic singer, but seems to hold back here for some reason. I wish she'd have kicked it up a few notches.
    Last edited by Gray; 8th Oct 2021 at 15:35.

SShock2.com

On a more joyful note, last weekend I tricked my partner into enduring The Blues Brothers, mainly since it was on TV and she arrived as it started. To my great surprise, she actually liked it. Really. She insisted on watching the whole thing, despite me giving her several chances to opt out.

She even agreed to watch it again at some point. In about three years. And I've only watched it about two dozen or so times. Perhaps slightly more. And I could watch it again right now. It was such a joy to watch it with someone who had never seen it before AND wanted to keep watching. I'm a very lucky man.

[Edit: added Blues Brothers link]

[Another edit]

I think you can see what I'm getting at with this original. Sometimes it's perfectly fine, but the cover adds something if done well.

Last edited by Gray; 8th Oct 2021 at 17:29.
    Boing. Peng. Boom-Tschak. Peng.

System Shock 2 Walkthrough

Did these chances to opt out involve teh sexy time?

Anyway I think Youtube is somehow listening to my private conversations.

Quote Originally Posted by Tocky View Post
    I think Youtube is somehow listening to my private conversations.
    Not somehow, they are closely listening to your patterns of behavior at every moment, due to their decision to exploit the ignorant.

By the way...Don't Ever Trust a Needle...

"I've had enough and I want out!"
    "You can't walk away now"
    I looked back once
    And all I saw was his face
    Smiling, the needle crying
    Walking out of his room
    With mirrors, afraid I heard him scream
    You'll never get away
    Cold and shaking
    I crawled down alleys to try
    And scrape away the tracks that marked me
    Slammed my face into walls of concrete
    I stared, amazed at the words written on the wall
    Don't ever trust the needle, it lies
    (Don't ever trust)
    Don't ever trust the needle when it cries
    Cries your name
    Wet and raving
    The needle keeps calling me back
    To bloody my hands forever
    Carved my cure with the blade
    That left me in scars
    Now every time I'm weak
    Words scream from my arm
    (Don't ever trust)
    Cries your name
    (Don't ever trust)
    (Don't ever trust)
    Cries your name

Quote Originally Posted by Vae View Post
    Not somehow, they are closely listening to your patterns of behavior at every moment, due to their decision to exploit the ignorant.
    LOL. You realize that sounds like an insult right? Anyway I'm not worried.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray View Post
    All the numbers say I should hate that cover, but I'm gonna blaspheme and say I actually like it more, because it adds drama and tension.
    Nah mate, there's no blasphemy in your words. Kim nailed it.

Queensryche - The Needle Lies. Decent stuff.

Tainted love, I prefer this one:

I heard this as a no words just fade out tune on Sunday Morning show and it reminded me how much I like Neil Youngs songs. Strange how so many who write well don't live the things they write. Perhaps they search for gold so much they never learn to polish a silver heart till it shines. Anyway this is a nice sentimental one and reminds me how my wife and I danced at The Gin till it burned down.

Lil Ugly Mane has dropped a new album that has a new sound for him, so far out there that I don't think any explanation could give justice to it. It's good though. The album art probably sums it up as well as anything.

Last edited by demagogue; 15th Oct 2021 at 07:52.

That time of year again for the greatest zombie song ever.

The Other Favorites' tune they dropped from their new album today was a good one. I don't know if it bests the other folk Cherry Wine out there, but it gives it a run for its money. (For the record, though, probably the best track on the album, that we know so far, is Have Mercy.)

Edit: Quick update, they've released the whole album on one video now.

Last edited by demagogue; 19th Nov 2021 at 20:49.

Wow. I’d never heard of them (thank you ). Such a breadth of material and skill. I went on to watch Live in London and bits left out. I know they're videos but I enthusiastically clapped as though I was in audience. (Yes including the Dylan song). They naturally lead me to Reina del Cid and Toni Lindgren

Edit: I can see I've got about 10 years of videos to catch up on, and that's just Josh Turner.
    Last edited by Aged Raver; 22nd Oct 2021 at 16:18.

Yeah they're great! Josh is at the center of this incredible circle of people that make great music from any and all time periods. There's a lot of them. Another one high on the list is Allison Young, whom I've been thinking about because she and Josh also just made a new video a few days ago. (& their versions of Fever & Crazy are off the charts.)

Another often unseen one in his pantheon is Kelly, whom he just married. She's usually the camera operator in these videos, and you always know it's her because she loves these extreme closeups, and she always seems to linger wistfully on Josh, which is kind of cute once you start noticing it.

Quote Originally Posted by demagogue View Post
    ... Another often unseen one in his pantheon is Kelly, whom he just married ,,,
    I've just bookmarked Morse Code and by the way it ended I was thinking perhaps it would be him and Reina, but Kelly looks absolutely right.
    It's a long time since I could do what Kelly does with her ankle.

Got back from Arx Mortis haunted house that I go to with my daughter every year in Killen, Alabama and even my wife went this year. But anyway one of her friends went also and we had a great time and told stories on the way back and mine was of the limbs breaking around me in the woods late at night and she was properly creeped. Then when I get to my drive a huge limb is blocking my drive, just broke off for no reason, green one too. I moved it and tore some muscles on my lower rib cage. It only hurts when I laugh. Mostleeeee as Newt would say. Anyway all that was to get to what I should have used instead of brute force-

One more.

Ah hell, one more. What's going to happen? Renz is going to come back and scold me? I wish he would. No really.

Page 167 of 169 FirstFirst ... 67117122127132137142147152157162163164165166167168169 LastLast