TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 169 of 171 FirstFirst ... 69119124129134139144149154159164165166167168169170171 LastLast
Results 4,201 to 4,225 of 4273

Thread: Current song you are listening to(or the Last song you listened to)

Gonna need henke to help me out on this one.

SShock2.com

Quote Originally Posted by hard thief kyd View Post
    Now you're speaking my language!

Um, well, no, not really, my third language, but point being...

I dreamed about this song only two nights ago, for some inexplicable reason. There's some other TV show with a theme that has the same first two notes, so I always expect Benzin to kick in, but of course, it never does, just some lame crap about who made an almost decent pie and what the weather it like in northern Wales. Annoying nonsense. All I want is for the song to properly start, but it never does.
    "Ninety percent of everything is crap." - Theodore Sturgeon
    "Sturgeon was an optimist." - me, just now
    System Shock 2 Walkthrough

SShock2.com

Now, for my own personal enjoyment, true to form, lots of TMBG. They recently released a new album that I haven't quite gotten into yet, but whenever they do I tend to go back to all of their other 900 songs and replay them over and over again. For some reason, this time around, this one stuck out. Perhaps just because the video is funny to an aging computer nerd, but most of their songs are way better. Meh. If history is any guide, you won't like it anyway.

Dog dog dog dog dog dog.
    "Ninety percent of everything is crap." - Theodore Sturgeon
    "Sturgeon was an optimist." - me, just now
    System Shock 2 Walkthrough

Quote Originally Posted by Gray View Post
    Now you're speaking my language!

Um, well, no, not really, my third language, but point being...

I dreamed about this song only two nights ago, for some inexplicable reason. There's some other TV show with a theme that has the same first two notes, so I always expect Benzin to kick in, but of course, it never does, just some lame crap about who made an almost decent pie and what the weather it like in northern Wales. Annoying nonsense. All I want is for the song to properly start, but it never does.
    Speaking of decent pie
    I'm forever blowing bubbles

SShock2.com

That is the most awful type of cherry pie I can imagine. I hated the song then, and still do.

....but your opinion may differ. Which is ok. Wrong as it is.

(Yeah, I've been a grumpy miserable old bastard even since the late 70s. When I was six.)

SShock2.com

Quote Originally Posted by Tocky View Post
    That is right up my street. Never heard it before. Thank you, Tocky.

I put it in my thinking machine and liked it.

Here is one I was suspicious of liking at first because I also have lobster hands because of course I would have them and maybe that had to be factored in. But no, I do indeed like it.

Last edited by Tocky; 7th Dec 2021 at 00:42. Reason: To be or not to be. I can't stand not to be.

That is the most awful type of cherry pie I can imagine. I hated the song then, and still do.

....but your opinion may differ. Which is ok. Wrong as it is.

(Yeah, I've been a grumpy miserable old bastard even since the late 70s. When I was six.)
    [chuckles] Awful pie, roger that.

===

I like that Moore song.

What's that? You want more Wet Leg? Don't mind if I do. Give her blonde hair and an under bite and she would be Beth Wiggert. Anyway you don't know Beth and neither do I anymore.

All this time I've been pronouncing it lounge which is what you do on it. Anyway what matters is she got a big D.

verbose douchebag

I don't understand how the greatest thing man has ever recorded has only 61 million views on youtube. What is wrong with the world.

Level 10,000 achieved
    Quote Originally Posted by Neb View Post
    Haha that goes pretty hard, I like it! Don't ask me what it's about tho, something about food?

Anyway, I think someone here recommended Sleaford Mods before but I only just got into em.

So weird, British, funky and menacing. Who ARE these people?

They're fans of The Fall, basically. Billy Nomates (who sang on that track) is pretty good too.

Honestly the bright spot was when Billy began to sing. The rest was like crackheads talking in government housing they were being evicted from. Interesting but hard to watch. Too honest?

Something about Poppy reminded me of Poe. Innocence and menace I suppose.

I'm not an enormous fan of theirs but this song is amazing.

Jani Lane hated it too:

Yeah that one was okay but he is burning himself up from the inside out.

I don't think I've posted this one.

Haven't seen the film in ages, so I forgot that Coppola's Dracula had such a bangin' soundtrack. As far as horror movie soundtracks go, I've always had a thing for The Thing, but this is right up there in unsettling moodiness.

One of the choices which came up after I listened to the Dracula soundtrack (appropriately menacing) was this which hypnotized me... until I'm rudely awakened by the occasional commercial which is just wrong. They aren't often but jarring and immediately make me hate the product for interrupting something so soothing and mystical.

Last edited by Tocky; 12th Dec 2021 at 12:15.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Moyer View Post
    I don't understand how the greatest thing man has ever recorded has only 61 million views on youtube. What is wrong with the world.

Well, according to views count the greatest thing is despacito.

Level 10,000 achieved
    They're fans of The Fall, basically. Billy Nomates (who sang on that track) is pretty good too.

Oooh, that's a really good track! Will have to explore her discography further as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Tocky View Post
    Honestly the bright spot was when Billy began to sing. The rest was like crackheads talking in government housing they were being evicted from. Interesting but hard to watch. Too honest?
    Haha yes! I feel like if I was in that appartment I'd be smiling politely and discretely eyeing for a way out before someone punches me in the face. It's quite a mood. I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Neb View Post

Quote Originally Posted by henke View Post
    Haha that goes pretty hard, I like it! Don't ask me what it's about tho, something about food?
    Heh, never heard of this band before, but this song sounds quite fun.

"Nyt maistuis A" means "I could use a beer". The "A" comes from "A-olut" - a classification for stronger beers with max 5.5% alcohol. I can't make out all the lyrics of the song, but the singer would like to have a beer, or pretty much anything really, because he's tired of everything and everyone and all this shit. Yep.

This video was only uploaded on Youtube three years ago, and while it may indeed be the greatest thing man has ever recorded, I suppose it's not exactly "hot" right now. However, in the not very distant future when all the Despacitos and Gangnam Styles have already been long forgotten, Strawberry Fields Forever will still get regular plays, and that will remain so as long as mankind exists.

Sort of the Dickens of music. To me that isn't even the best of their songs though. A Day in the Life is way better. But my favorite is In My Life.

Generally the best song ever changes day to day with me. One day it's Petty's American Girl the next it's Jackson Brown's The Pretender but it does tend to stay within the same ten or fifteen songs and they all have meaning. They all say something important and timeless like this one.

Page 169 of 171 FirstFirst ... 69119124129134139144149154159164165166167168169170171 LastLast