TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 17 of 149 FirstFirst ... 271213141516171819202122273237424752576267117 ... LastLast

Thread: Current song you are listening to(or the Last song you listened to)

Sleater Kinney - Not what you want

Saw Johnny at the store
    I said get your car, let's hit the road
    Oh tell me baby, what's wrong
    He said, tell me baby what's wrong
    She's on fire now
    You think you wanna watch?
    Last edited by Kolya; 20th Feb 2009 at 16:14.

Taking the Death Toll
    Desmond Williams' Delights of the Garden, pretty much all fucking day today.

Here's the only song I could find on FewTube.

Well okay also this.

Just listened to Coil's The Ape Of Naples, from beginning to end.

Permanently Enlarged
    Rammstein - Asche du Asche

Pogo - Alice

Made almost entirely by sounds from Alice in Wonderland.

Quote Originally Posted by charlestheoaf View Post
    Pogo - Alice

Made almost entirely by sounds from Alice in Wonderland.
    Could be the Warsteiner, but that is fucking awesome.

Like a Boss by The Lonely Island, though I'm really favouring Boombox

The Lonely Island is popping up everywhere!

I know this isn't the place for it, really, but in other musical comedy news, the new season of Flight of the Conchords is disappointingly lacklustre compared to the first, and mainly because the new songs just aren't as good. The storylines are ok, and it's relying more on the supporting cast, who are pretty good, so it's still enjoyable, but the actual "point", the standout element used to be the songs, and now they're really a lot of filler.

They fit the storylines a lot better this season, sometimes in the first they would rather oddly shoehorn in the songs which they've been playing live for years. But that mattered less because the songs were actually worth it. It's a shame.

For me the songs in FOTC were usually the filler, even in the first season, with the standout stuff being the silly plots and characters (Murray!). I know that's how they started out but it felt like more than half of those songs were there just because that's what they 'do'.

Quote Originally Posted by Fingernail View Post
    I know this isn't the place for it, really, but in other musical comedy news, the new season of Flight of the Conchords is disappointingly lacklustre compared to the first, and mainly because the new songs just aren't as good.
    Give it time. I thought the same about the songs of the first season, and it wasn't until I'd heard them a few times that I really started to enjoy them.

Already I've gone back and listened to some of the songs from season 2, and a couple of them are actually quite good (especially the ex-girlfriend one from last week's show).

Quote Originally Posted by Angel Dust View Post
    For me the songs in FOTC were usually the filler, even in the first season, with the standout stuff being the silly plots and characters (Murray!). I know that's how they started out but it felt like more than half of those songs were there just because that's what they 'do'.
    ^^^this

I like the songs and all, but the true charm of the show for me is, well, the show.

Went through the new songs a third time. Most of em are really good now, and "Carole Brown" is one of the best they've ever written (with a wonderful live version all over youtube). I've gone from "no, not this time" to "yeah I'm definitely getting the next soundtrack album".

Permanently Enlarged
    Rammstein - Morgenstern

The intro reminds me of some epic boss battle at the end of a well-made fantasy RPG.

Quote Originally Posted by Stitch View Post
    ^^^this

I like the songs and all, but the true charm of the show for me is, well, the show.
    It still has its charm, and Murray is perhaps better than ever. Another way that this season is different, that I've noticed, is that the songs often seem to be mixed with the voices a little bit too low, which makes the words hard to discern; a shame. Also it's noticeably higher-budget looking, which is nice. And as I said, there is more Murray and Mel and Dave who are all great.

I didn't understand at all when my brother, having watched a few of the songs on youtube and really liking them, thought the show itself was pretty unfunny.

In many ways it's still enjoyable, my only nagging doubt is whether they have come up with enough decent plots to see this season through. The first two episodes were probably the weakest so far.

But there's definitely not been a song to equal "Business Time", "Hiphopapotamus vs Rhymenoceros", "Boom!", the sublime "Leggie Blonde" or "If that's what you're into" so far. You're right, Aja, "Carole Brown" I think has been the best. "Angels" was pretty mediocre, I thought.

Taking the Death Toll
    During the day, loads of Lou Rawls and Houston Person.

At night, Terroritmo, Sleep Chamber, and Batchas.

Showdown by ELO

...so I felt like some ELO, and will follow it up with April Wine.

I have no taste music, anymore.

I was going to agree when I realised you did not say April Lavigne. So I looked up April Wine because I never heard of them and they rock. I knew as much about ELO. So whatcha talking about? Feelings of guilt for 70s orchestra rock? That's taking things a bit far out, man.

jtr7
    Avril? Advil?

Avril Levine

(Okay yah, I screwed it up. Again.)

Primus - To Defy the Laws of Tradition

Baby Primus

Around 20 years later

Pink Floyd - Brain Damage

God Lives Underwater - No More Love

New Music Ensemble's recording of Steve Reich's Music for 18 Musicians

Page 17 of 149 FirstFirst ... 271213141516171819202122273237424752576267117 ... LastLast