TTLG|Jukebox|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 175 of 177 FirstFirst ... 75125130135140145150155160165170171172173174175176177 LastLast
Results 4,351 to 4,375 of 4416

Thread: Current song you are listening to(or the Last song you listened to)

I like smooth and hopeful. I like giving over the world to the young. It was never meant to be held onto.

SShock2.com

Boris! Boris! Boris!

By selectively picking certain lines of this song, it sounds very much like today's news. (I'm ignoring all the other lines that do not suit my narrative, I just want to whine and vent. Sorry.)

One might hope that at some point, your past abhorrent behaviour would catch up with you, and you'd be held to account. But apparently, that does not apply equally. If you're rich enough, and posh enough, and know the right people, everything is fine. And holding a high political office apparently helps.

Not that I'm bitter.

Much.

SShock2.com

I need something to cheer me up

With my deepest apologies to true fans of The Cure, I know it sucks, but I still like it, it signifies a very distinct moment of my youth. Here's the actual song.

Last edited by Gray; 19th May 2022 at 20:52.
    "Ninety percent of everything is crap." - Theodore Sturgeon
    "Sturgeon was an optimist." - me, just now
    System Shock 2 Walkthrough

Friday is such a relief. The work week over for two days. No dealing with anyone you don't want to. No finding a way to make a silk purse out of a sows ear. No choking back what you really think. No getting up to the worlds decision of when. A glass of wine and shoes off. Then I start thinking of people I miss. Great. Lot's of folks still here I love with every sight sound and memory and I do this. No point to it. Ah well. I pass Richards grave twice every day. To and from. Shiloh road. The church with the road through the graveyard. Shortest way to work. Also the road with the long straightaway where we raced our cars. The road I heard Year of the Cat on and felt everything would be perfect from then on. It wasn't. That's okay. I had the best of what it really was. Sometimes I want a spectacular exit though. I don't want cancer or stroke or even passing peacefully in my sleep or any of that crap. I want to go down swinging.

My granddaughter borrowed one of my top hats and motorcycle glasses to sing this in a talent show. All the other kids are singing religious or country tunes and and she busts out with this. LOL. Life is good.

Remember this? Liar. You do not. Good tune though.

Every cover band musician hates Whats Up, sorry.

here is a unicorn chaser to erase that horrible memory

this video was done with one tracking shot, quite impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by PigLick View Post
    Every cover band musician hates Whats Up, sorry.
    here is a unicorn chaser to erase that horrible memory
    I can't believe anyone would ask for what is essentially a production number. Anyway, I get it. You like smooth funk. More of an oldschool guy myself.

But then I'm not really much of any one thing. This is some music to make your foot heavy when driving.

Picture a group of middle-aged women, drunk, screaming the chorus.

Dryer song be kickin.

SShock2.com

Today I had a moment of moderate closure.

Nine years ago, my wife and I spent our honeymoon at my parents' cottage, all two days of it, at a lovely location with a fire pit next to a wide river, in the middle of the northern nowhere. We would do sausages and have the occasional beer, a tiny splash of her favourite whisky, by the midnight sun of the arctic. A very happy memory. Four years ago, she died. Today was the first time I could go back there, so I did the sausages, the beer, the whisky. I scattered some of her ashes in a place I knew she was happy, and always wanted to live, but never got to. At least now, a part of her will be there forever. And then, I used the tiny little glass jar I brought over from Scotland with her ashes, and inside, I put two tiny flags, one Swedish and one Scottish, and a folded up printout of the lyrics to this song. And then I threw it in the river. To you it may seem silly, but it's something I've wanted to do for four years, and today was the day. I finally got my way of saying goodbye. And it was with this song. She would approve. She loved Eels. I introduced them to her, and she bought me this album.

SShock2.com

Quote Originally Posted by Tocky View Post
    No reason. KMFDM just needs to be quoted.

I want them to know, it's me
    It's on my head
    I'll point the finger at me
    It's on my head

Give it all to you, then I'll be closer
    Smiling with the mouth of the ocean
    And I'll wave to you with the arms of the mountain
    I'll see you

I will let you shout no more
    It's on my head (It's on my head)
    I'll pick you up from the floor
    I'll let you even the score

Give it all to you, then I'll be closer
    I'll see you

Give the same to me, then I'll be closer, closer

Wow! Like a highly technical piece of homework. Lots of harmonics. If I read correctly, he's just had his 17th birthday. So he was about 13 when that was recorded. As someone on YouTube asks, what tuning is the guitar in? Not that that would help me.

SShock2.com

This will only be funny to about six people, but I laughed harder than I have done in a long time. It's both parody and genre, with every line a super cliche of the region I grew up in. If it sounds like crap to you, you're not wrong, but you don't get the jokes.

Yeah I don't get that one at all but the "In My Dreams" one runs through my head sometimes. Here is one I realized is a contender for my death song playlist.

SShock2.com

Synth nerdism extravaganza. I grew up on this stuff, and at about 16 minutes he gets to one of my favourites. But just look at all those gorgeous synths! And listen in awe!

SShock2.com

Going through my old stuff, I found this old gem. KLF, from before they started doing parodies of themselves.

I secretly suspect that my neighbour might be the half-brother of one of the members, but I haven't dared to ask him yet. They have the same last name and look eerily similar, and have the same abrasive personality. But what do I know.

[Edit]

Pop fans might be more familiar with this version.

Last edited by Gray; 1st Jul 2022 at 22:47.

SShock2.com

Bonus techno: 808 State

[Edit]

If there was ever one track that I'd use as reference for the greatness of techno, it would be this one. This is how it's done, This is how you kick ass. And dance 'til you drop.
    Last edited by Gray; 1st Jul 2022 at 23:41.

SShock2.com

Går det bra, eller går det som vanligt?

It takes a very special kind of poet to sum up the entire life and experience of a region, in a jokey mocking crap-tastic musical form. To anyone not from here, it will just sound like crap, but this is superb sarcasm in its finest. I find it hilarious.

Går det bra, eller går det som vanligt? Du vet redan svaret! ("Are things fine, or are they as usual? You already know the answer!")

Fan, det är jämna plågor nu.

Jorå.

I've been listening a lot to my own music lately (might even release it one of these days). Other than that? Not so much. More about music than anything else, like Classical Nerd on YouTube.

Page 175 of 177 FirstFirst ... 75125130135140145150155160165170171172173174175176177 LastLast