TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 23 of 150 FirstFirst ... 38131819202122232425262728333843485358636873123 ... LastLast

Thread: Current song you are listening to(or the Last song you listened to)

Quote Originally Posted by Malleus View Post
    Currently listening to the album 'Furnace' by Download.
    Download were great, especially the stuff Mark and Dwayne worked on.

Level 10,000 achieved

Metalface and Bukowski! Together at last!

"Cellz"

Best track of the new DOOM album.

Taking the Death Toll
    Post-hiatus Earth, especially the beautiful HEX- or Printing in the Infernal Method.

Just listened to a one album electronic project called Ketvector.

Blotto "Metal Head". If the guitar solo sounds kinda retro-familiar, that's because it's the guy from BÖC.

jus listened to guns & roses. sweet child o' mine. cos my band is performing this as one of the songs, for a gig in june...and it's a pretty old tune. timeless classic i guess *shrugs*

Jeebus criminy.

Dead Kennedy's covers never go well w/o Biafra in tow, but IMO that was about the worst one out there.

Black Lips - Elijah

Spent the last two days writing an essay and listening to Autechre, from the beginning (I had to download most of it).

On first listen, I naturally gravitated toward the two albums I own: Confield and Quaristice. But subsequent listens have been kinder to the rest. In short, Autechre is awesome.

Taking the Death Toll
    Quote Originally Posted by heretic View Post
    Dead Kennedy's covers never go well w/o Biafra in tow, but IMO that was about the worst one out there.
    All. It is my fantasy that anybody who covers Dead Kennedys (or Iron Maiden, for that matter) badly dies immediately and messily.

"ah fuck guys I fucked it u- BOOM"

Quote Originally Posted by heretic View Post
    Jeebus criminy.

Agreed.
    I didn't so much cringe, as laugh incredulously.

I like the Kennedys as much as any upright citizen, this is just fun.

I do like the way he says "uber alles" like "hrar rar raah rar", like a restless dog.

I recently stumbled across The Green Waltz by The Dada Weatherman.

I think it's fantastic: nice, easy listening that I imagine most people would enjoy. My only critisicm would be for the lyrics, which seem mostly forgetable. (Maybe he could pronounce his consonants a bit more ... emphasise the beat ... I dunno ... )

My current favorites are Statues, Green Flower, Little Man, and White Moon.

Quote Originally Posted by Aja View Post
    In short, Autechre is awesome.
    Yes.

Listening to the Dead Air For Radios album by Chroma Key.

Chroma Key - Undertow
    Chroma Key - On The Page

EDIT: Continuing with another Kevin Moore related project, I spent some time with the first, self titled OSI album (Office of Strategic Influence).

OSI - The New Math (What He Said)
    OSI - When You're Ready
    OSI - ShutDOWN
    OSI - Dirt From A Holy Place
    Last edited by Malleus; 1st Apr 2009 at 14:28.

Once in a while, I have to have some funk. Some good old 70's funk. This is a true classic, I love this song. For those of you that want a taste of something different, give a listen.

Its called Brick by Dazz

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7KDT...e=channel_page

Taking the Death Toll

Possibly the saddest song I've ever had the pleasure to listen to; but for some reason its so bloody haunting I cant get it out of my head this morning:

Agalloch - Summerisle Reprise
    Listen

I know I go on about Agalloch all the time but I really cant recommend them highly enough. If you are a proper fan of music - of any kind - then grab The Mantle as their 2nd full album and give it a listen from start to finish. I challenge you not to love it (checkout their Myspace page).

This Agalloch orgasm was brought to you on Saturday Morning. Try the steak.

I'm practicing this little Dave Brubeck diddy on the piano these days, Blue Rondo A La Turk.

Not many offbeat jazz rythms quite as exotic as a Turkish 9/8 (2+2+2+3 / 3+3+3).
    And I love the completely unexpected shift it makes to smooth swing halfway.

K'Naan - Soobax

He's a Somalian rapper. I heard pretty much universal praise about his set at SXSW, and yeah, it turns out he's pretty great.

[edit] And while I'm at it, I can't believe I haven't mentioned this one, as I've been listening to it obsessively over the last month: Dan Deacon - Snookered

Song of the year 2009. This sets the bar so high, I just don't see anything taking its place. The long build from sparse atmospherics to something so dense and energetic, I can't help but smile. The sliced vocal breakdown. The brick wall tempo change a minute from the end. It all fits together so well. The rest of the album is brilliant, too.
    Last edited by Tonamel; 4th Apr 2009 at 04:11.

Taking the Death Toll
    Quote Originally Posted by thefonz View Post
    Agalloch
    I love Agalloch. Though their earlier work doesn't have the best production, the raw atmosphere of it shines through. This band, perhaps more than even Opeth, was my "in" for getting used to non-clean vocals, because they're just so masterful. As much as I like the more standard stuff, I love it when metal puts down the tankards and warhammers and does something beautiful.

This one is proof you can mix (post-2nd wave, for the skittish*) black metal with post-rock. Beautiful work.

Though to be fair, Alcest fits that description too. I think anybody who likes just music would like Alcest.

Chakat sex pillow
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonamel View Post
    [edit] And while I'm at it, I can't believe I haven't mentioned this one, as I've been listening to it obsessively over the last month: Dan Deacon - Snookered

Song of the year 2009. This sets the bar so high, I just don't see anything taking its place. The long build from sparse atmospherics to something so dense and energetic, I can't help but smile. The sliced vocal breakdown. The brick wall tempo change a minute from the end. It all fits together so well. The rest of the album is brilliant, too.
    Absolutely agree with the assessment for Snookered. That vocal breakdown and re-splice is beyond brilliant.

Can't say I've been feeling the same thing with the rest of the album though, it seems to have been infused with slightly too many unmelodic staccato electronic loops. There even seems to be some Animal Collective-inspired craziness going on at times. Guess I need to give it a couple more listens to get into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sulphur View Post
    Can't say I've been feeling the same thing with the rest of the album though, it seems to have been infused with slightly too many unmelodic staccato electronic loops.
    His last album had a lot more of that sort of thing, so maybe I've just been inoculated against it. I'm not sure I'd call it unmelodic, though. Atonal sure, but they have a contour to their pitch that makes them feel a little more like a melody after a while.

Even so, Building Voice, Slow With Horns/Run for your Life, and Get Older are all great tracks.
    Last edited by Tonamel; 5th Apr 2009 at 10:16. Reason: link fail

Page 23 of 150 FirstFirst ... 38131819202122232425262728333843485358636873123 ... LastLast