TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 24 of 150 FirstFirst ... 49141920212223242526272829343944495459646974124 ... LastLast

Thread: Current song you are listening to(or the Last song you listened to)

Move.Meant - Miracle

<embed src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/swoz03kcLvI&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="500" height="25"/>

Now get movin!

Quote Originally Posted by dethtoll View Post
    I love Agalloch. Though their earlier work doesn't have the best production, the raw atmosphere of it shines through. This band, perhaps more than even Opeth, was my "in" for getting used to non-clean vocals, because they're just so masterful. As much as I like the more standard stuff, I love it when metal puts down the tankards and warhammers and does something beautiful.

This one is proof you can mix (post-2nd wave, for the skittish*) black metal with post-rock. Beautiful work.

Though to be fair, Alcest fits that description too. I think anybody who likes just music would like Alcest.
    Glad theres a fellow Agalloch fan on here. I actually saw them a couple of weeks ago when they played their first UK event in Camden, London.

All during the gig the crowd were chanting for them to play Falling Snow from Ashes against the Grain. They didnt play that, however we did get an extended version of Bloodbirds. Which was possibly the most beautiful song I've heard live in a very long time. Amazing gig and this band deserves to be heard by more people...

Chakat sex pillow
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonamel View Post
    His last album had a lot more of that sort of thing, so maybe I've just been inoculated against it. I'm not sure I'd call it unmelodic, though. Atonal sure, but they have a contour to their pitch that makes them feel a little more like a melody after a while.

Even so, Building Voice, Slow With Horns/Run for your Life, and Get Older are all great tracks.
    Yep, atonal would be the right word. I think I just need to give this one a proper listen to 'get' it, whereas Snookered had me right from the music box intro. But that's okay, I think this album's one that grows on you, really. The songs have a pretty dense arrangement IMO, which is probably why it's taking me more than one listen to appreciate it.

It's pretty tonal, the bassline clearly suggests a key. It sounds less like a dense arrangement and more like a very dense mix. If anything was spaced out at all it would be a lot clearer to distinguish.

I dusted off my Bartok cd's and binge listen on his string quartets. Melancholyyyyy.

Chakat sex pillow
    Quote Originally Posted by Fingernail View Post
    It sounds less like a dense arrangement and more like a very dense mix.
    Same difference. I had a bit of the dozy morning daze when I typed that, I realise it's electronica and it's really a case of a lot going on at the same time.

As for tonality, I guess I don't really know! It's probably the first word that comes to mind when describing the latter part of 'Wet Wings', but maybe that's my musical vocabulary failing me.

Quote Originally Posted by Sulphur View Post
    Same difference. I had a bit of the dozy morning daze when I typed that, I realise it's electronica and it's really a case of a lot going on at the same time.

As for tonality, I guess I don't really know! It's probably the first word that comes to mind when describing the latter part of 'Wet Wings', but maybe that's my musical vocabulary failing me.
    To be fair, I only heard that one song, which didn't seem so to me. Dense, though, yes.

If you listen to the beginning of Get Older (or the aforelinked Snake Mistakes), that's the kind of atonality I mean. It's more than noise, but not quite instantly recognizable as tones.

I know what you mean, but that is pretty much just F major/A minor plus a bit of jumble. Almost minimalistic.

Also why does that site always start playing Fleetwood Mac at me after a while?

I currently have the theme song from the 1957 Disney movie Old Yeller stuck in my head.
    So all morning long I've been wandering around work singing, "Here Yeller, come back Yeller. *whistle whistle whistle* Best doggone dog in the west."

I believe I seen 'bout everything when I see an elephant fly.

Darius Rucker has a country song- "This wont last for long". I swear you think you know but you don't till sappy country songs make you tear up.

Permanently Enlarged
    Nevermore - Sentient 6

Been on a Nevermore-Kittie-Rammstein stint for some time now... Just can't seem to stop!

Taking the Death Toll
    Nevermore kick ass. Have you heard Warrel Dane's solo album?

Permanently Enlarged
    Only the ones on YouTube, because I can't afford to get the CD. Warrel Dane does have one hell of a voice; and I do agree, Nevermore is one of the best bands around.

"Die Slow" by HEALTH, my god I'm losing my shit over this.

Edumacated
    The thing that should not be - METALLICA

Old school underground Metallica...the only thing that keeps me going through finals weeks...I figured I'd get a head start this year

Quote Originally Posted by Tocky View Post
    Darius Rucker has a country song- "This wont last for long". I swear you think you know but you don't till sappy country songs make you tear up.
    It won't be like this for long

Yeah, something about country, can't shake it sometimes so I just roll down the car windows haha
    Last edited by Thief13x; 16th Apr 2009 at 00:43.

having a nostalgic day listening to my Gun Club records. all hail to voodoo rock'n'soul.

Radiohead - Bodysnatchers (In rainbows).

Pretty damn decent album, not sure why I waited so long to listen to it :-/

Taking the Death Toll
    Switching between String Quartet Tribute to Iron Maiden and Electric Wizard's Witchcult Today. Quite the dichotomy.

"Standing Next To Me" by The Last Shadow Puppets.

Love it.

Eminence Front - The Who

Hey, I'm seeing electric wizard at ATP this year, and my friend told me I should be excited. Should I be excited? I've never listened to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Vivian View Post
    Hey, I'm seeing electric wizard at ATP this year, and my friend told me I should be excited. Should I be excited? I've never listened to them.
    I dunno. They remind me of sludged-up hard rock or slowed-down metal, filtered through dope fumes and a bit of phaser for that touch of psychedelia.

That said, I only have the Dopethrone album, of which Funeralopolis is me favourite.

Lucky devil going to ATP. Can't afford any of them this year. Fuck tents, I say. Fuck tents and mud and liquid sewage. Chalets in tacky British holiday complexes are the future!

Taking the Death Toll
    Electric Wizard are Black Sabbath at the bottom of an ocean of bongwater. Amazing band. Dopethrone is excellent but Witchcult Today is superior.

Taking the Death Toll
    Today I rediscovered Yakima's main tourist draw.

"Night of the Living Carnies" may be the best thing ever.

Page 24 of 150 FirstFirst ... 49141920212223242526272829343944495459646974124 ... LastLast