TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 27 of 149 FirstFirst ... 2712172223242526272829303132374247525762677277127 ... LastLast

Thread: Current song you are listening to(or the Last song you listened to)

My fucking brain!

I have no idea what this song is, and I realize this breaks the rule a touch, but this is literally what I am listening to right now.

Level 10,000 achieved
    That thing is a work brilliant videoediting, actionscripting and musicianship all in one.

Currently listening to/watching: This video. It's difficult to stop watching it. Seriously, it's really hard.

Scotland's Shame by Mogwai

I'm the biggest post-rocker I know.

Quote Originally Posted by ercles View Post
    My fucking brain!

I have no idea what this song is, and I realize this breaks the rule a touch, but this is literally what I am listening to right now.
    That thing is hypnotizing it is and so well made. I was trying to figure out what Alice was saying. Sounded like gibberish to me.
    At the moment I'm listening to:
    On the Wane by Sirenia
    Pity they went all pop since their earlier works is so awesome.

Side 2 of Miles' In a Silent Way.

Quote Originally Posted by ercles View Post
    My fucking brain!

nice.

I am taking a break from tunes for a couple days, and mostly listnening to Talk Radio in the car. Boring, yeah, I know.

Quote Originally Posted by gunsmoke View Post
    I am taking a break from tunes for a couple days, and mostly listnening to Talk Radio in the car. Boring, yeah, I know.
    What programs? I love talk radio. Howie Carr is the local guy I like the best, but Michael Savage is also very good, and Rush, of course, if I'm driving during the day. And if I can't get to sleep, Coast to Coast AM is the way to go. Yea, if a CD isn't on in my car, it's AM radio or nothing.

Christ, you listen to hateful garbage. I guess this is the NPR snob in me coming out, but have you no shame?

NPR has a terrible liberal slant, the only thing worthwhile is On Point with Tom Ashbrook and Car Talk. Like I said, I don't go over to FM (NPR is always on FM, where I'm from, at least). I have no shame.

Taking the Death Toll
    Why anyone would listen to Michael Savage, even for laughs, is completely beyond me. The man is a monster. He's even worse than (that stupid bitch) Ann Coulter (has a penis)

I'm allergic to talk radio, no matter what the slant is.

Quote Originally Posted by dethtoll View Post
    I'm allergic to talk radio, no matter what the slant is.
    I generally can't stand the blowhards on either side--Air America, while not nearly as vile as the likes of Savage and company, grates to no end--but NPR does have some decent shows where issues are actually discussed in some depth, of which Tom Ashbrook's On Point (as mentioned above) is a standout.

Currently listening to the 'Chaos Theory' album by Amon Tobin.
    Here's a sample

But Savage is so funny.

Taking the Death Toll
    Funny like cancer.

Liars - Be Quiet Mount Heart Attack!

I strongly, strongly recommend everyone find a copy of Drum's Not Dead immediately.

is Best Pony
    Quote Originally Posted by infinity View Post
    But Savage is so funny.
    True fact: the UK thinks he's so funny we've banned him from entering the country.

They fear his ultimate hilarity. Sheesh, I'm not here for a politcal debate, or to defend Michael Savage. I enjoy listening to him, I think its amusing. That doesn't make me a crazy right-wing nut...

Taking the Death Toll
    Like I said, there's no reason to listen to him even for laughs. He is a terrible, horrible person.

Meh, I enjoy it.

Taking the Death Toll
    Well there's no accounting for taste.

Savage bumper music

To each their own, but Savage has no company..and for that very reason it should not be so cut and dry as chalking it up to bad taste.

The Savage Nation is the only place where you can hear anecdotes on life as a botonist with primitive tribes, Cuban jazz and reflections on Dostoyevsky all in one show.

Also, he's better described as a fiercely independent charlatan than a "right wing nut". He is a consistant supporter of the pro-environment and animal-rights movements, and he's easily as hard on the Republicans as he is the Democrats. I don't think one show goes by where he doesn't attack Rush, Hannity and O'Reilly as harshly as politicians/mouthpieces of either stripe.

Obviously if you've only heard a few of Savage's rants I can certainly understand how that would be off putting, but that's mostly because you don't suspect that an awful lot of what he does is satire and schtick. Still, I do tend to tune these bits out when they go too long, but I still catch a show when I am able. Love him or hate him, he has a lot of great stories when he's not frothing at the mouth.

Michael "Savage" Weiner was not Timothy Leary's friend and 'Gate keeper' just for being a rube. He's a Berkeley grad that used to go nude bathing with Alan Ginsberg and is a long-time resident of San Francisco. Taking such things into consideration, given his public persona, how is this not funny?

I know most of you don't care to know about his actual history or depth of character, and that is fair enough. It's just not honest to base your opinions and views on choice bits and pieces chosen for your consumption by others. If that shoe fits, tune in now and then and you will find yourself surprised if not amused.

Do stay away from his non-anthro/botanical/nutritionist books. I will stop far short of defending his recent writing as it is truly god-awful.
    Last edited by heretic; 13th May 2009 at 15:57. Reason: Frisco..heheh

Sweet, now defend Ann Coulter!

That's Bill Maher's job.

Occasionally, a Ray Charles song with pretty screwed up lyrics will turn up in the shuffle. "Heartbreaker" had no lyrics listed on the web, so I listened to the song a few times and transcribed them myself. In bold are the bits that caused my ears to prick up:

heartbreaker, by ray charles

heartbreaker, girl you sho is gone
    heartbreaker, girl you sho is gone
    heartbreaker, how you carry on

you a bobby sockser, mean mistreated too(?)
    you a bobby sockser, mean mistreated too
    you just a little schoolgirl, but you sure know what to do

pretty baby, in you're new red dress
    pretty baby girl in your new red dress
    when i'm not around ya, i can't hardly get my rest

heart teaser, you're runnin' all around
    heart teaser, girl you're runnin' all around
    and if you don't stop, baby, you'll be sleepin' in the ground

how can I help it baby, if I'm in love with you
    how can I help it, if i'm in love with you
    I've been your fool baby, tell me what can I do?

heartbreaker, so you think you're smart?
    ah, heartbreaker, you know you think you're smart.
    well heartbreaker, i wanna tell you broke my heart

you know you broke my heart
    you said we'd never part
    you know you broke my heart
    you told me we'd never part
    Of course, these are not the most disturbing lyrics around, nor is it the only song by Charles about a bad relationship with a screwed up woman.

Page 27 of 149 FirstFirst ... 2712172223242526272829303132374247525762677277127 ... LastLast