TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 38 of 149 FirstFirst ... 38131823283334353637383940414243485358636873788388138 ... LastLast

Thread: Current song you are listening to(or the Last song you listened to)

Quote Originally Posted by thefonz View Post
    Green Carnation
    Nice. Though with the piano and strings at the beginning I kept expecting it to turn into something a little more grandly orchestral, a la Renaissance.

Quote Originally Posted by dethtoll View Post
    hahahaha do you really think that's why I don't like NIN?
    I don't really care why you don't like NIN, as you've phrased your distaste in such an utterly reductive and constipated manner that any actual discussion has been effectively cut off at the pass.

Taking the Death Toll
    Quote Originally Posted by Turtle View Post
    We just assumed it's because you have horrible taste, based on everything you've ever posted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stitch View Post
    I don't really care why you don't like NIN, as you've phrased your distaste in such an utterly reductive and constipated manner that any actual discussion has been effectively cut off at the pass.
    Oh well ladeda.

Come on, man. You know you form your opinions hard and firm and then shoot first with both fucking barrels.

Taking the Death Toll
    I don't care enough about NIN one way or another to get into a pissing match about it.

I agree that there are many electronic artists better than Trent, but that doesn't mean I don't like him. And upon reflection, imho most of his best tracks really are the ones he doesn't sing. Even so.. I only liked half of Ghosts anyway.

You've got to give credit to a guy who is so mad at his publisher because of their pricing that he tells his fans to steal his music.

Paul Oakenfold and Bjork jam!

I don't have those funny dot umlate things on my keyboard, don't hate me you Euros!

The Raconteurs - Blue Veins

Lately I've been obsessed with the new 'Dead Weather' album. Anyone know of?

Quote Originally Posted by TBE View Post
    Päül Öäkënföld änd Bjork jäm

I don't have those funny dot umlate things on my keyboard, don't hate me you Euros!
    Glad to help.

I don't care enough about NIN one way or another to get into a pissing match about it.
    I HAVE LOUD OPINIONS aside, your comments did cause me to wonder how relevant the great Nine Inch Nails stuff (basically everything pre-The Fragile) would seem to a younger audience that wasn't really there when it was happening. There's no question that albums like The Downward Spiral and Pretty Hate Machine are monsters both in commercial and artistic impact, but they're also perhaps somewhat trapped in their time, as the industrial scene from which they draw strength hasn't aged particularly well. Nine Inch Nails were trailblazers who changed the face of music in the 90's, sure, but how much of a legacy is it that for awhile every terrible pop metal song wasn't complete without industrial clanging under the hood?

Level 10,000 achieved
    Quote Originally Posted by 37637598 View Post
    Lately I've been obsessed with the new 'Dead Weather' album. Anyone know of?
    Yeah, "Treat me like your mother" is the best track methinks.

Taking the Death Toll
    I HAVE LOUD OPINIONS aside, your comments did cause me to wonder how relevant the great Nine Inch Nails stuff (basically everything pre-The Fragile) would seem to a younger audience that wasn't really there when it was happening. There's no question that albums like The Downward Spiral and Pretty Hate Machine are monsters both in commercial and artistic impact, but they're also perhaps somewhat trapped in their time, as the industrial scene from which they draw strength hasn't aged particularly well. Nine Inch Nails were trailblazers who changed the face of music in the 90's, sure, but how much of a legacy is it that for awhile every terrible pop metal song wasn't complete without industrial clanging under the hood?
    I was growing up in the 90s and I didn't like them then, either. Granted, my tastes have changed dramatically in the last 12-15 years, but I still don't enjoy NIN, not even on a nostalgic level. I remember feeling a little disappointed when I read on the back of the Quake box that it had music from Trent Reznor of NIN, but when I actually listened to it I was impressed. It was also my first (and until Silent Hill, only) taste of dark ambient, and I go back to it often.

Speaking of dark ambient, how 'bout some House of Low Culture?

I never listened to NIN until very recently, and I felt no compulsion to buy their stuff or listen further.

RE: House of Low Culture - you guys post stuff like this makes me think you actually WOULD like the kind of shit I'm trying to recommend (though I would never call anything "dark ambient"). So please refer yourself to the following new albums (all with samples):

Richard Skelton: Marking Time
    Seaworthy: 1897
    Drafted By Minotaurs: Aversion Therapy
    Mountains: Choral

Taking the Death Toll
    I listened to the first two artists you linked and I'm sold.

I also like Ghoul Detail, though my favourite track by far is this one. It's much longer than the streamed samples would have you believe, just by the way. Full song is available for download.

I HAVE LOUD OPINIONS aside, your comments did cause me to wonder how relevant the great Nine Inch Nails stuff (basically everything pre-The Fragile) would seem to a younger audience that wasn't really there when it was happening.
    I don't know about the majority of the "younger audience", but I know NIN only since ~2001, and I think that The Downward Spiral is an incredibly awesome and unique album. I think the music itself is pretty much timeless, you didn't have to be there when it happened to appreciate it.
    EDIT: However, I'm not really a fan of PHM and Broken. Some of the tracks from them are still good, but some haven't aged well, mostly because of what you said about every terrible pop metal song having industrial clanging since then. I think TDS on the whole is in a different league though.

As for on topic, last thing I listened to was the album 'Cleanse, Fold And Manipulate' by Skinny Puppy. A sample.
    Last edited by Malleus; 29th Jul 2009 at 17:14.

Tell me im wrong

september sun, the vocals sound like a version of Pink Floyd meets Ozzy.

because mindless. oh my. i can't. chimay. leffe. rochefort.

creepin

Actually a favorite of mine from Guitar hero.

Ponytail - Beg Waves

This is really strange, but not entirely unpleasant. And yes, that's all the singer ever does.

is Best Pony
    'Down Under' as sung by the, um, Red Army Choir.

Manson - High end of low - 15

I've been listening to this over and over and somehow cant get enough. Fits my current mood exactly. Whole album does.

Oh well ladeda.
    "La dee da", thank you very much.

Page 38 of 149 FirstFirst ... 38131823283334353637383940414243485358636873788388138 ... LastLast