TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 43 of 149 FirstFirst ... 3813182328333839404142434445464748535863687378838893143 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,075 of 3710

Thread: Current song you are listening to(or the Last song you listened to)

I used to think Night at the Opera was the better album, but the more I listen to Sheer Heart Attack, I'm suspecting that many of the songs on Opera were leftovers from SHA. On the other hand, Brian May does some really innovative and fantastic things with the guitar on Opera that are noteworthy from a technical perspective, though the context isn't as rich as SHA.

and he also doesnt kick ass and scream as much, I mean we are talking about the album with 'Stone Cold Crazy' on it.

Level 10,000 achieved
    Madness - NW5

Listened to their new album today, twice. These guys have hardly changed their sound at all in the past 30 years, which, oddly enough, actually makes them sound pretty fresh. They sound like nothing else in music these days. They've gone over the edge and come up on the other side. A few really nice songs with sing-along friendly choruses on the new album, pretty good overall.

Watershed by Vienna Teng. Giant girl crush on this chick because of this song.

Boner City! BEST SONG EVER (about boners)

Deep Forest & Peter Gabriel - While the Earth Sleeps.

Guess they sing this in Serbian? Who else heard this one and knows?

Chakat sex pillow
    Who cares? They're probably singing about boners anyway.

this feels so unnatural
    Peter Gabriel too

Good guess. It's Macedonian, according to http://www.deepforestmusic.com/lyrics.htm
    You've got me listening to Comparsa now.

Polvo - Beggar's Bowl
    <embed src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/Y0stkt9iRe0&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="530" height="25"/>
    From "In Prism" (2009).

Deity - Ministry
    They have some good songs and I just recently got their "The Land of Rape and Honey" album and it's not too bad.

Not a song as such, but...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	muse-resistance.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	37.0 KB 
ID:	148

Matt Bellamy is bonkers. That is all.

I love that cover.

I've made it through the album a few times and my gut impression is it's probably their weakest work. It opens with three of their most commercial songs ever--not a complaint--and then hurls off a cliff into brief self-parody, only to then murk around in straightforward but substandard Muse territory before wrapping things off with the decent but not entirely memorable three part symphony.

To summarize: download "Undisclosed Desires" and call it a day.

Quote Originally Posted by Stitch View Post
    I've made it through the album a few times and my gut impression is it's probably their weakest work. It opens with three of their most commercial songs ever--not a complaint--and then hurls off a cliff into brief self-parody, only to then murk around in straightforward but substandard Muse territory before wrapping things off with the decent but not entirely memorable three part symphony.

""

Oh, wait, I meant "This.". I don't have any problem with Bellamy ripping off every classical composer one after the other. I have, however, with him ripping off his previous work and turning it into aptly-called self-parody while trying to incorporate random and unnecessary pop elements.

Ha! "Undisclosed Desires" certainly is a curio in Muse's oeuvre. It sounds like a bloody shitty R&B song half the time. "I Belong To You" is similarly bizarre what with him suddenly singing in French - badly - und the use of a clarinet. Nevertheless, I think the standout track is "MK Ultra" even if it sounds far more like 'standard' Muse.

Weakest tracks are "United States of Eurasia" and "Guiding Light", without a doubt. "Eurasia" is just Muse channeling Queen even more blatantly than usual, and "Guiding Light" sounds suspicially close to U2 at times.

And yet... I still like the album, can't really say why. *shrug*

To summarise: download the entire album and tell Stitch to stick it where the sun don't shine!

Quote Originally Posted by Subjective Effect View Post
    Damn henke. Them brothers done lost their way in the woods got locked up in a shed with only one Maiden record for 6 years.

critcal times and skank... are much better imo

Why the fuck is this not on the radio here right now and everyday?
    henke?

And btw, that gawdofful song IS on the radio every hour here. Consider yourself lucky...

Banlieue 13 Ultimatum (OST)\Alonzo - Determine

Quote Originally Posted by N'Al View Post
    Ha! "Undisclosed Desires" certainly is a curio in Muse's oeuvre. It sounds like a bloody shitty R&B song half the time.
    I disagree entirely with the "bloody shitty" part, but then again I also tend to bump the pop hiphop station when Grizzly Bear and HEALTH get a little cumbersome, so I'm half on board with that scene anyway. At any rate, "Undisclosed Desires" is the only song on the CD that really successfully pushes Muse into new territory, which is why it's both worth the price of admission alone and yet doomed to be be considered the lesser tune by old school Muse fans suffering from a limited musical perspective. Fuck them, the song is pop brilliance.

About Muse: The Resistance

The Resistance is a step to the right direction after Black Holes and Revelations, yet it doesn't reach the charm of either Absolution or Origin of Symmetry.

Guiding Light is the only truly terrible track on The Resistance, whereas BHaR had loads of them. The Resistance doesn't have such highlights as BHaR (Knights of Cydonia, City of Delusion), but at least it feels like an album instead of a random mix of songs. The (first time self-)production is crisp and clear, which can't be said about BHaR. They had a great mastering engineer working with them too though, so it's most likely his work. There's some overuse of vocal effects and some minor quibbles, but it's nice.

Matthew Bellamy uses his voice better than ever, yet his lyrics are even more atrocious than before. Then again, if you haven't realized yet that this band is lyrically as bad as the Stephanie Meyer is as an author, you shouldn't be listening to it at all.

The album's biggest flaw is it's fractured nature (just like BHaR). It's apparent Muse like to play around and do stuff they haven't done before. It's all good, but when songs like Undisclosed Desires and I Belong to You are put next to Unnatural Selection and MK Ultra, the difference is huge. That's because Muse know how to make excellent contemporary rock, whereas they're beginners at programming drums and stuff like that.

Still, this album gives me hope there's still an interesting future for the band and I am definitely looking forward to hearing some of these songs live.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuuso View Post
    Guiding Light is the only truly terrible track on The Resistance
    I have to agree with this. All of the songs have grown at least a bit on me, but I don't believe that Guiding Light ever will. It's just disappointing because the sudden drop in quality comes out of nowhere.

I disagree entirely with the "bloody shitty" part, but then again I also tend to bump the pop hiphop station when Grizzly Bear and HEALTH get a little cumbersome, so I'm half on board with that scene anyway. At any rate, "Undisclosed Desires" is the only song on the CD that really successfully pushes Muse into new territory, which is why it's both worth the price of admission alone and yet doomed to be be considered the lesser tune by old school Muse fans suffering from a limited musical perspective. Fuck them, the song is pop brilliance.
    Undisclosed Desires has grown on me as well, but honestly I thought that I Belong to You did a better job of doing what you're describing.

Exogenesis is a solid ending to the album, but honestly the second and third parts (especially the second) absolutely pale in comparison to the first. I stand by what I said earlier, "Overture" is definitely amongst the best work they've ever done.

This song makes me want to drive as fast as I can down an empty desert highway at sunset in an old convertible with the top down.

edit: sorry Page 44 got christened with Protomen instead of Muse

Let's not let Tonamel drag us off-track

"Undisclosed Desires" comes off as Muse channeling Depeche Mode to me. Which is lovely, because I'm completely gay for Depeche Mode.

I've only listened to Resistance a couple of times all the way through, so grains of salt etc, but it's a bit worrying that the reason I've only made it to the end a couple of times is that "United States of Eurasia" usually makes me go back to the start. Y'know, to where the album was quite good.

At any rate, "Undisclosed Desires" is the only song on the CD that really successfully pushes Muse into new territory, which is why it's both worth the price of admission alone and yet doomed to be be considered the lesser tune by old school Muse fans suffering from a limited musical perspective.
    Oh, no doubt. Thing is, the song starts off in a fashion so 'alien' to what Muse have done before imo that my first reaction pretty much was Eh?!? - hence my shitty R&B comment. Once the song gets into second gear, though, this:

Quote Originally Posted by Morte View Post
    "Undisclosed Desires" comes off as Muse channeling Depeche Mode to me.
    ...and that is when the song becomes awesome. So it's a bit of a double-edged sword to me, this one. As is the whole album in fact.

I'm so conflicted, please help me.

Page 43 of 149 FirstFirst ... 3813182328333839404142434445464748535863687378838893143 ... LastLast