TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 44 of 140 FirstFirst ... 4914192429343940414243444546474849545964697479848994 ... LastLast
Results 1,076 to 1,100 of 3483

Thread: Current song you are listening to(or the Last song you listened to)

1937-2018
    Gone, but not forgotten

Susan Boyle, "Wild Horses". Out-fucking-standing.

On an initial listen, other than the admittedly great "Undisclosed Desires", I found the new Muse to be unmitigated shit.

Well, it is a grower, although in the opposite way most growers work (the hooks don't grow, necessarily, you just get used to the tackiness and give in). My listening habits are very similar to Morte's, as "United States of Eurasia" is often the painful record scratch--RRRRRRKKKK--that kicks me back to the beginning of the disc. If I'm in work listening mode I'll easily make it through the entire disc, but if I'm driving around bumpin that shit crankin that shit doin that shit you better believe it's first three tracks and nothing else.

But, still, the album is sinking its hooks in with each listen. It's sequenced perfectly, three acts of three songs with ludicrous Muse-offs connecting them. You start off in radio-friendly 80's electro mode, and then "USoE" kicks you by the grapes into, well, B-sides from previous albums territory, before "I Belong to You" eases you into the three-party symphonic rock opus that wraps things up. Where you begin bears nothing in common with where you end, and yet somehow the journey works.

It's not the wall to wall bullseye of BHaOR, but it's also not quite the flopsweat-drenched disaster I initially feared.

Plus, Scots, you're still in hate mode--you're not due to start connecting with this until a good six months from now once everyone else has moved on.

I'm not in hate mode as I was never truly a Muse devotee, however USoE was so bad I skipped it. As you remind me, of course, one listen is not exactly fair and I didn't make it through the end symphony first time through either. Also muse b sides more like queen tribute night.

was only kidding anyway nothin but <3

Taking the Death Toll
    Rediscovering my love for Devin Townsend's Ki.

Album of the year 2009.

Last: Nine Inch Nails & Aphex twin - At the heart of it all

Currently: Nine Inch Nails - Eraser (1995 further down the spiral -metal version)

Unreal by Helalyn Flowers
    I'm just addicted to their songs and the chorus is quite catchy, electronic goodness.

Quote Originally Posted by Stitch View Post
    was only kidding anyway nothin but <3
    Obviously recognised the not-so-subtle jab about my late appreciation habits

Om Mani - [Apology #02] The Call

(if anyone's interested, album download is free but broken atm so I can upload it somewhere)
    BTW that's um, almost technical- almost post- almost death- almost hardcore- almost progressive- metal here ? : P
    Last edited by Briareos H; 18th Sep 2009 at 03:52.

down I, down II, down III

Stars of the Lid

Taking the Death Toll
    Quote Originally Posted by Briareos H View Post
    Om Mani - [Apology #02] The Call

(if anyone's interested, album download is free but broken atm so I can upload it somewhere)
    BTW that's um, almost technical- almost post- almost death- almost hardcore- almost progressive- metal here ? : P
    Seem to be a weird, proggy mix of death and post-hardcore. Clean vocals are pretty interesting. Drummer is clear highlight of this band, though, holy shit.

Seem to have a weird mix of influences- Meshuggah and Isis, specifically. A match made in hell?

Not bad!

thanks tonamel for the protomen link, that shit is awesome

My pleasure!

The crazy part is that it's from an Orwellian retelling of the Mega Man story that they're doing as a rock opera. Crazy, yes, but crazy awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by dethtoll View Post
    Seem to be a weird, proggy mix of death and post-hardcore. Clean vocals are pretty interesting. Drummer is clear highlight of this band, though, holy shit.

Seem to have a weird mix of influences- Meshuggah and Isis, specifically. A match made in hell?

Not bad!
    Here's a working album link for you deth. I don't know if the work is licenced but the band made it clear that sharing the album with as many people as possible was welcome, so don't hesitate to share the link. People can also donate here.
    Last edited by Briareos H; 20th Sep 2009 at 05:15.

Vessy - To F*ck

http://www.vbox7.com/play:8ed19c63

Bulgarian house track.

At a Loss - Daylight Dies
    I'm trying out new Doom/Death Metal bands and these guys reall caught my interest.

Taking the Death Toll
    Very old-Katatonia. I approve.

Christ, what did I listen to before this Muse disc came out? Not exactly album of the year material but this fucker has grown.

don't forget about antlers, fuckin destroys me

But you return to me at night, just when I think I may have fallen asleep.
    Your face is up against mine, and I'm too terrified to speak.

Level 10,000 achieved
    Early one morning last spring, my alarmclockradio comes on at 7:00, as usual. Normally I'll just hit the snoozebutton and roll over, or if they're playing or talking about something interesting I'll just lay there, dozing, half-listening. This particular morning a song was playing. I guess it took a moment for the beat and the rhytmic vocals to sink in but pretty soon I was wide awake, staring at my radio. This had to be one of the most awesome songs I'd heard in weeks. Then I forgot about it. Didn't hear the song on the radio again. Guess it didn't catch on.

Half an hour ago I was watching Entourage and there it is again! This time I rush to my computer and type in what I could discern of the lyrics into Google and finally find out what it was. Day N Nite, by Kid Cudi. Goddamn what a song!

Page 44 of 140 FirstFirst ... 4914192429343940414243444546474849545964697479848994 ... LastLast