TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 50 of 150 FirstFirst ... 51015202530354045464748495051525354556065707580859095100 ... LastLast
Results 1,226 to 1,250 of 3743

Thread: Current song you are listening to(or the Last song you listened to)

Level 10,000 achieved
    Quote Originally Posted by ercles View Post
    Aphex Twin-Windowlicker, which I never actually got my hands on until I got the Warp 20 disc. Shit videoclip, sublime song.
    You must be referring to the quality of the video, not the video itself, because that's one of the best videos ever.

edit: listening to the TOR/Sufjan Stevens Illinoize remixtape. The Big Daddy Kane and Brother Ali tracks are very nice. (listen/download for free here)

edit2: correction: the Brother Ali track is actually very very very nice.
    Last edited by henke; 5th Nov 2009 at 03:00.

Been listening to Fin a.k.a. Christian Worton. An extremely talented chap, making synth music very much like Jarre et al. I especially dig his albums Offset and GreenBlue. http://www.audiofarm.org/Fin Not a hack, this guy, but knows his stuff.

Also discovered Steely Dan recently.

Quote Originally Posted by mol View Post

Also discovered Steely Dan recently.
    Better late than never, but WHERE THE FUCK HAVE YOU BEEN!?

LOL, ask Mr. Duck what a 'Steely Dan' is in Mexico.

Hint:it is a dildo.

Well, to be fair it's also a dildo in America.

The new Katatonia Album:Night is the New Day.

The whole album is essentially a perfect example of Win.

Buy it now.

Taking the Death Toll
    Shit, there's a new Katatonia? Why wasn't I informed?!

I'm like ten years late to the party and just discovered Michael Franti and Spearhead. I don't listen to much happy music so just let me have this one thing, okay?

Chakat sex pillow
    Hell no, fett. If you're listening to happy, then here, you can have one more thing. And another. Don't you just love band names when they're literal?

Quote Originally Posted by dethtoll View Post
    Shit, there's a new Katatonia? Why wasn't I informed?!
    In all seriousness this is a fucking good album. My favourite previously was Viva Emptiness but as soon as you hear track 1, Forsaker from Night is the New Day - I challenge you not to crank up the volume and sit back.

Fantastic stuff. Do you know Before the Dawn too?

Brutal Legend's rekindled my interest in Enslaved. I have Below The Lights from years ago, and I still love it. Gotta check out some more of these guys.

In the UK we've just had the Season 2 finale of Chuck. I have now had "Mr Roboto" by Styx seriously stuck in my head and on my computer playlist for the last 3 days - 'tis dangerously addictive!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfXCl3MISOY

Listen to that.
    Then go buy the album.

Sorry, I cant help but plug the shit out of this - the first three tracks alone are worth the pricetag.

As one dude in those comments says "Katatonia are reaching a state of perfection".

That Katatonia track is pretty nice, but it has the same problem I find with a lot of rock/metal I hear these days: It's so minutely produced that the different elements of the song don't get a chance to mesh or blend with each other, making the whole thing sound kind of antiseptic to my ears.

What should be a lush wave of sound feels hollow at its core, but it's no fault of the performers.

Meanwhile, I go back to listening to a jazz trio reinterpret Britney Spears in a pretty awesome way.

This Katatonia stuff is pretty pedestrian in my opinion, I have the same problems with this that I have with Porcupine Tree (I would have confused this Idle Blood song for a PT song if I heard it on the radio). As with Tonamel I feel that this feel produced to the point of being a bit barren.

EDIT: In fairness rather than just complaining about Katonia I'll suggest the live version of Race:Out by Battles, which I still can't get enough of two years after it was released.
    Last edited by ercles; 6th Nov 2009 at 22:28.

You - Tarot
    One of the best Tarot songs and the lyrics are just too awesome, obsiously Marco had a bad falling out with one of his friends.

Hah. I'm reading through these last few saying to myself; Katatonia are back? Thefonz likes them? Attaining perfection? Too-Crisp Rock/Metal?

Ohhhhh, I get it.

Quote Originally Posted by gunsmoke View Post
    Better late than never, but WHERE THE FUCK HAVE YOU BEEN!?
    Well, I've known of Steely Dan, ofc, just never listened to them. Too much music, too little time or sumpin'.

But I'm bloody glad I had a chance to listen to Steely Dan properly a while ago, when my mate demonstrated his home theatre and sound system. Sounded just amazing.

I'm sure there are several other 'discoveries' like that out there, but they get discovered when they get discovered, if you know what I mean.

If you do, let me know, too, kthxbye.

Good

Spoon - The Underdog

Awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by mol View Post
    Well, I've known of Steely Dan, ofc, just never listened to them. Too much music, too little time or sumpin'.

But I'm bloody glad I had a chance to listen to Steely Dan properly a while ago, when my mate demonstrated his home theatre and sound system. Sounded just amazing.

I'm sure there are several other 'discoveries' like that out there, but they get discovered when they get discovered, if you know what I mean.

If you do, let me know, too, kthxbye.
    Are you familiar with early Allman Brothers, early Chicago, or early Genesis? Doobie Brothers, Donald Fagan's solo stuff, Todd Rundgren are also good. Give them a shot, they are extremely divisive, however. They are loved or hated. If not, Steely Dan has a LOT of music to get through, so you'll be busy!

Razor Sharp-Collide Very sensual song and quite trippy, I love Collide, that always havwe interesting musicand great beats.

Chakat sex pillow
    I'm currently listening/watching The Flaming Lips do interpretive dance videos while taking their new album's title a little too literally for one of the songs from it, Watching the Planets.

Warning: this video features round globes. And some cylinders, all of different shapes, sizes, colours, textures, and ages. Also bicycles, an egg with a vagina, a bubble, and an unbirthing scene. And Wayne Coyne getting totally naked and still being totally hot while being carted off into the latter. <3

Pink Floyd - Atom Heart Mother

... It's melody is so familiar, even though I don't remember listening to it. I guess it's an instant classic, nostalgic... thing...

Pink Floyd has been my most liked group for the fast... I dunno, half year? Might even be in my all time favorite group top. It connects to me.

Taking the Death Toll
    More music like this, please. Suggestions welcome.

Bowie's <i>Outside</i> springs to mind. A lot of vague memories of other stuff too, but I'll have to dig.

Page 50 of 150 FirstFirst ... 51015202530354045464748495051525354556065707580859095100 ... LastLast