TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 54 of 147 FirstFirst ... 491419242934394449505152535455565758596469747984899499104 ... LastLast
Results 1,326 to 1,350 of 3653

Thread: Current song you are listening to(or the Last song you listened to)

Taking the Death Toll
    okay six hours of this is entirely too much

Level 10,000 achieved
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonamel View Post
    When non-Scandinavians posts Swedish bands that I've never even heard of I just have to check it out. This is nice, sounds a bit like Yann Tiersen, but more electro.

Heh. Credit for that one goes to Aurgasm, which is good for finding quirky obscure stuff. Which reminds me, I should really get some Scrimshire when my eMusic credits roll around next month. Serious shades of Cinematic Orchestra in that first track.

Chakat sex pillow
    Quote Originally Posted by Risquit View Post
    I'm going to go see him play in a couple of weeks. Looking forward to it.
    Awesome. Have a good ol' headbangin' time. Comedown's still nowhere in sight.

@fett: Didn't have a clue Townsend was part of the madness behind Sex and Religion. Great album, but the lack of any chipmunk vocals whatsoever (a la The Ultra Zone) brings it down a notch in comparison.

Jamie T - Sticks'n'Stones

Orphaned Land put up three tracks from their coming album to their myspace - I'm listening to those now. Sounds like it'll be an awesome album.

really wasn't expecting the new Vampire Weekend to be any good, but, um.. surprise!

(the last track is my favourite so far)

That Vampire Weekend isn't bad. Much better than I expected anything with "vampire" in the name to be, although I'd be more likely to associate vampires with Mondays...

This song, loosely translated as "Damn Twisted Guy", is the opening song for a comedy anime about a suicidal teacher and his class full of insane students. It reminds me of the theme from Repo Man, all punk and junk. Full length version here.

Actually, all of the opening and closing tunes for the series are pretty good.

New Spoon is out, and since I work part-time in a record store now, I picked it up on day 1 (today).

will report back later; initial impressions good

also bought: tarot sport, finally

Level 10,000 achieved
    I was starting to doubt the power of Heavy Metal, such a fool was I. Then, lo and behold, I heard a song so awesome and beautiful, on the Brutal Legend soundtrack, that all doubt was crushed.

I need METAL
    in my life
    Just like an eagle
    needs to flyyyyyyy

|m| O.O |m|

Taking the Death Toll
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

MANOWAR

OH GOD WHAT

Level 10,000 achieved
    Quote Originally Posted by dethtoll View Post
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAMANOWAR
    Hold your head up high
    Raise your fist up in the air
    PLAY METAL
    Louder than Hell(Louder than hell!)
    LOUDER THAN HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELL *does wicked airguitar solo*

Paul Weller - One Way Road

Grabs a really lazy, whiny Oasis B-side an turns out a brilliant bluesey number. (theme song from the TV show Lead Balloon)

OTHER BANDS PLAY
    MANOWAR KILL

Watched Top Gear 14x07 the other day, and the Star in a Reasonably Priced Car was Seasick Steve, a dude I'd never heard about. So I checked him out on Spotify, and daaaamn, he's effin' brilliant.

St. Louis Slim, Dog House Boogie etc - terrific stuff!

I'm not sure people will like this new Spoon album as much as the last (actually I'm sure they won't).

But it's different—not so much about catchy melodies, but that juicy sound, the guitars, Daniels' voice, an expansion of the grooves from tracks like 'Eddie's Raga' and 'Japanese Cigarette Case'. Transference sounds smokier, more hypnotic. And the band's playful sense of humour is more apparent than ever (i.e. the new version of the EP track 'Got Nuffin' fades out hilariously quickly). I think it's great but it won't garner as much acclaim as Ga Ga Ga

you can stream it here, and agree/disagree with me

Chakat sex pillow
    I'm actually finding it a lot easier to like than Ga Ga Ga or Kill the Moonlight at first listen. Hooks aplenty, and yes, the production makes it sound hot and spacious and meaty. It's got the grooves and the cool and it's a tad more instantly emotive/(relatable?) too.

Listening to Eläkeläiset, Hulluna Humpasta, their entry for the qualifying round to represent Finland in the Eurovision Song Contest.

I'm so voting them. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqLZJNKIrvc

Quote Originally Posted by Sulphur View Post
    I'm actually finding it a lot easier to like than Ga Ga Ga or Kill the Moonlight at first listen. Hooks aplenty, and yes, the production makes it sound hot and spacious and meaty. It's got the grooves and the cool and it's a tad more instantly emotive/(relatable?) too.
    There's certainly a tension to it that I find more immediately compelling than the relaxed confidence of previous discs.

Also: my god that Vampire Weekend disc is incredible. Their debut was pleasant enough but this thing is a fucking wall-to-wall bullseye.

Sounds like I'll be checking out the new spoon and vampire weekend next time I feel like trying to pay attention to new music.

But in the meantime its friday and its been a shit week so it's time for Lady Gaga and wine.

edit: Lady Gaga makes me wish that I was in college again so I could party in a beach-side paradise like only college students can

and also that I had more tattoos

and also that I was a lesbian
    Last edited by Starrfall; 22nd Jan 2010 at 21:18.

These guys are kings of the one-take. First "Here it goes again" then "WTF" now this.

Anyway, I approve of the combination of marching band and ghillie suits.

Taking the Death Toll
    DJ Gregory - Solaris

I'm finding it weird that I like this sort of thing.

Page 54 of 147 FirstFirst ... 491419242934394449505152535455565758596469747984899499104 ... LastLast