TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 55 of 150 FirstFirst ... 51015202530354045505152535455565758596065707580859095100105 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,375 of 3742

Thread: Current song you are listening to(or the Last song you listened to)

1937-2018
    Gone, but not forgotten

http://community.ascap.com/_Vermouth...705/27521.html

Recorded by my friend of many years and performed with the London Philharmonic at a command performance for the Queen of England, way back in the 60's.

Moderator and Priest
    Them Crooked Vultures.

David Grohl, Josh Homme, and John Paul Jones. Hard to argue against that pedigree. The song I linked to, Gunman, is probably my new current favorite. Good stuff.

Dan Mangan - Robots

Love the song, and the video is an absolute delight.

Level 10,000 achieved
    Charlotte Gainbourg's new album "IRM" is pretty great. Never really been a fan of her stuff before but this album is very easy to like and front-loaded with all the catchiest choruses and beautiful melodies. Even though the later half of the album doesn't have as many hooks as the first it's still interesting enough to keep me, at least, listening till the end. The quality of the album is mostly thanks to Beck who did the production. Charlotte's lyrics aren't all that interesting but then neither are Beck's for the most part. The singing is more just about the music of language. So, essentially what we have here is a Beck album, except with a French chick singing all over it. I like it a lot more than Modern Guilt anyway, gotta give it a few more listens to see if it can compete with The Information/Guero.

Not gonna link to a song here because when I heard a few of these songs on their own at first they didn't really grab me, but as an album it works beautifully.

The The - GIANT

seriously when this gets going its an epic monster. wait for the choir. keep driving everywhere with shades on just listening to this on repeat and looking at girls and smirking like i'm in the ending scene of a cop movie

Neurosis - A Season in the Sky

A foot of snow on the ground has a way of getting me in the mood for this album.

Taking the Death Toll
    Fuck yeah Neurosis.

If you like them I suggest checking out The Ocean Collective (sometimes just called The Ocean.) Their album Precambrian is fantastic.

I'm liking it so far...

You might be interested in this. The clips are a decent preview, but you really have to hear the entire thing.
    Last edited by Ringwraith; 30th Jan 2010 at 17:12.

Harmonic 313 - Word Problem reminds me a bit of Daedlelus - Hrs:Mins:Secs for it's use of the old school "educational" game sound effects. Both two dj's I've been binging on recently.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggLYt8euqd8">Mount Eerie - Mouth of Sky</a>

I know I tend to favor the poppier side of music, but the weather of late has put me in the mood for something quite a bit heavier. This fits the bill nicely.

And if I'd bought this album a few months ago, it probably would have made my Top Ten 2009 list.

ThieveryUT

Rainy Night in Georgia - Lord Tanamo

Lord - like it's raining, all over the world...

Quote Originally Posted by Tonamel View Post
    <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggLYt8euqd8">Mount Eerie - Mouth of Sky</a>

I know I tend to favor the poppier side of music, but the weather of late has put me in the mood for something quite a bit heavier. This fits the bill nicely.

And if I'd bought this album a few months ago, it probably would have made my Top Ten 2009 list.
    I saw Phil Elverum in Calgary last year; he played in church, without his backup band. And I think he might've played this song, but with only a single guitar it was difficult to tell. Never having heard Mount Eerie before, the whole experience was strange to say the least.

Poets of the Fall - dreaming wide awake
    Amazing song

Level 10,000 achieved

Dead? How?

I'm not much for ravy stuff but recently I've been digging this song called "Mr. Wobble's Nightmare" by Kid606. It's a rave-song that is a cautionary tale about rave. And the video adds a whole other dimension of batshit crazy to the proceedings.

God damn I love Liquid Swords, but in my opinion it doesn't get any better than 4th Chamber, specifically the RZA's verse about the Ebola virus

chillaxin on a sunday morning

Come on who else remembers this one: Biz Markie - Just a Friend

Oh baby youuu
    you got what i need
    but you say he's just a friend
    and you say he's just a friend

Ziltoid the Omniscient - Planet Smasher

Best theme album ever. What's even (most unbelievably /excited) better is that Devin is coming to Tuska fest in Finland 2.7 to perform the album in full first time ever. It's a world exclusive as well. YEAH

Midlake - The Courage of Others

Now this is something special. Super super understated music in the 60s/70s British folk vein, but with that weird signature Midlake pathos and charm. Most of you will ignore this, and those that don't will find it monotonous, and I wouldn't fault you for feeling that way. It does seem a bit bland on the first few listens, but Midlake is a band I know well enough enough to give the benefit of the doubt, and once you let it really sink in it becomes irresistable. It's dense and lush and impeccably arranged but soulful, a true album from start to finish. Midlake are no longer in the realm of indie; they've transcended it and surpassed it. Which isn't to say the album is perfect, or even their finest work. It's just a very beautiful and absolutely uncompromising effort.

http://www.myspace.com/midlake

I actually have that to listen to at the moment. Will give it a spin soon.

I love this song: ancientstories.xm

http://modarchive.org/index.php?requ...id&query=33559

...especially the middle and the second half...

Quote Originally Posted by Scots Taffer View Post
    I actually have that to listen to at the moment. Will give it a spin soon.
    Out of curiosity, how did you hear about it? I've never met a real-life person who's heard of the band, let alone had access to their music. Or is Midlake more popular down under?

I'd heard of Midlake before (probably from NPR), but never bought any of their stuff as I generally have too much to listen to at any given moment. Thanks for turning my attention back to them, I'm liking what I'm hearing.

My current favorite has been Jónsi - Boy Lilikoi. I'm loving these side-projects that Jónsi has been releasing. This is about as far away as you can get from the Riceboy Sleeps stuff he put out last year while still sounding like Sigur Rňs.

Quote Originally Posted by Aja View Post
    Out of curiosity, how did you hear about it? I've never met a real-life person who's heard of the band, let alone had access to their music. Or is Midlake more popular down under?
    Literally a random album review click on AVClub.

is Best Pony
    Erm, Dancing With the Moonlit Knight from Selling England by the Pound.

Page 55 of 150 FirstFirst ... 51015202530354045505152535455565758596065707580859095100105 ... LastLast