TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 58 of 149 FirstFirst ... 81318232833384348535455565758596061626368737883889398103108 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,450 of 3710

Thread: Current song you are listening to(or the Last song you listened to)

most things by De la soul and Jurassic 5, while not jazz/hop by any stretch, are certainly very rooted in a jazz-tinged sound. IF you havent heard much of their stuff(though I am sure you have) , you need to check it out, probly some of the best mainstream non-gangsta rap around. Also, Black Eyed Peas first couple of albums are great too, real jazz progression and stuff. (before they became a pop/dance juggernaut). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJimFvjra78 is a great tune, specially the piano rave up at the end.

oh forgot about this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3EWruiIjBmo JayZ song from last year Death of Autotune, great use of a live combo.

ps I couldnt edit my other post for some reason

I've been listening to a lot of Vampire Weekend, Julian Plenti (solo offshoot of Interpol for Paul Banks), old Massive Attack and other bits and pieces.

In a bit of a new music slump again at the moment.

Level 10,000 achieved

RE: 2 great jazzy hip-hop albums

Madvillain's album has it's fair share of jazzy songs.

Also you'll want to check out Andre Benjamin's The Low Below-half of Outkast's Speakerboxx/Love Below doublealbum. Although that one is almost more straight-up jazz than jazz mixed with hip-hop. Oh, Outkast's Idlewild album is even more jazzy, although not as good.

Yeah the first thing I was going to say if you were looking for jazz influenced rap was a lot of madlib produced albums (madvillainy being the high water mark). His recent medicine show album (flight to brazil) lacks the rapping but stacks on the jazz. Mos Def's "The Ecstatic" fits the bill, largely because of the madlib production work. Other madlib albums worth grabbing are Jaylib (his collab with J-Dilla) and his recent team up with Strong Arm Steady "In Search of Stoney Jackson"

The fact that Jay-Z wrote a song slamming autotune and then put Rhianna on the next track in the album drove me bananas.

I'm currently cherrypicking my way through my Don Caballero collection.

Good suggestions, everyone. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PigLick View Post
    i think you are about 10 years too late for the pink floyd rush
    Oops, did I forget to mention, that I'm not following the herd? My bad. I'm not doing it.

Oh, listening to Snow - Hey Oh
    dunno the group, but Red Hot Chilli Peppers were somehow involved.

When I posted this, was listening to Fools Garden - Lemon Tree. Nice old piece, associates with childhood... but... I'm 2 years old... eh, go figure.

And now for some more timelessness of Pink Floyd. Retreated back to the oldest albums with even more psychedelia. :>
    Last edited by Thor; 4th Mar 2010 at 16:47.

Quote Originally Posted by Scots Taffer View Post
    I've been listening to a lot of Vampire Weekend, Julian Plenti (solo offshoot of Interpol for Paul Banks), old Massive Attack and other bits and pieces.

In a bit of a new music slump again at the moment.
    Have you heard the Broken Bells stuff? The Shins' frontman + Danger Mouse = good times.

Level 10,000 achieved
    Gorillaz - "Stylo" 2010's grooviest beat so far? (yes) And it has Mos Def and Bobby (surprisingly not dead yet) Womack singing on it. All this wrapped up in a video that's entertaining enough to compete with the best of Gorillaz videos, and that's saying something.

Chakat sex pillow
    Cute amount of references in it, and Brucie boy looks like he was having fun. The song's a nice mélange of styles, but it's no Feel Good Inc. or Dare.

Level 10,000 achieved
    No skin off my back, or whatever the expression is. I didn't really like Demon Days. :| But so far Plastic Beach has been very promising.

Chakat sex pillow
    Yeah, Demon Days was a bit lumpy and inconsistent as an album, but it had its share of gems. This new track's got some groove, yeah, but I guess I'm not in the mood for chilled out cool right now.

Yeh I much prefer the Stylo direction they seem to be taking, hope the rest of the album is as blatantly electronic kinda reminds me a bit of this

More module files by the guy who goes by the name Awesome/AWS. He makes some of the best sounding modules I've ever heard! They're on par with Deus Ex and Unreal easily.

Most of these were made 10+ years ago.

Taking the Death Toll
    You got a link?

Chakat sex pillow
    http://modarchive.org/index.php?requ...es&query=69553

Awesome did some amazing sequencing work on those trackers back in the day. You may not like the majority of his work though, deth. It's mostly techno-ish (surprise!) and saccharine sweet.

Taking the Death Toll
    man i don't give a shit i'll listen to anything that don't suck

I am currently trolling facebook with the below link and getting as many people as I can to listen to this band - absolutely stunning instrumentals and they're Irish! Also been back on the Agalloch bandwagon following their dvd release last month.

And so i watch you from afar

Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by thefonz View Post
    Everything I was expecting Explosions in the Sky to be, but wasn't. Very good stuff.

Still Subjective
    This week I am mostly listening to The Crystal Method - Divided by the Night, and Stone Temple Pilots - Purple (again!).

Oh, and I decided that Alice in Chains' Jar of Flies is far more awesome than I remembered.

That's a nice track fonz. Not very original, but very well done. Especially enjoying the percussion.

Jónsi - Time to Pretend (MGMT cover)

Jónsi covering anything is sort of weird to think about, let alone MGMT, but this voice+piano version works quite well.

Prynce - So Hard Featuring Rihanna and Young Jeezy. I like these dope beats, yo. 1:50 or so into it flows good. This whole album is pretty awesome.

Forget about that, you want a real beat, have a listen to Oh No's Ethiopium from last year. An album of fantastic beats made up of Ethiopian samples, lots of Jazz and Afrobeat. Fucking mindblowing album, that.

Level 10,000 achieved

Lil Jon and LMFAO together again

Outta Your Mind

YouTube | Spotify

It's no "Shots", but almost.

Page 58 of 149 FirstFirst ... 81318232833384348535455565758596061626368737883889398103108 ... LastLast