TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 59 of 149 FirstFirst ... 91419242934394449545556575859606162636469747984899499104109 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,475 of 3708

Thread: Current song you are listening to(or the Last song you listened to)

Thom Yorke - Analyse

Man I love this song! Can anyone tell me if the whole album (The Eraser) is any good? I listened to the 30 second samples on iTunes and the songs struck me as kind of weird and unaccessible, Analyse was definitely the most accessible song as far as I could hear.

Also makes me want to watch The Prestige again (the song plays during the end credits).

I recall Analyse being the standout track from that album. The rest is listenable for sure, but nowhere near as good as Radiohead's latest.

Porcupine Tree – What Happens Now

Semi-incredible polyrhythm starting in the middle...

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4gt58oqQAg">High Rankin - Meow Meow</a>

Autechre - Oversteps

Absolutely fantastic album. Best thing Autechre have done in years.

Desperately Dodgy Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Harvester View Post
    Can anyone tell me if the whole album (The Eraser) is any good?
    It's enjoyable, if uneven. I think some of the songs are absolutely brilliant (like "Black Swan"), while others are somewhat forgettable. If you like that sort of electronica-singer-songwriter type stuff you'll probably find the album worth your time. I don't really listen to the whole album very often, but I'm glad I have it. Hope that helps.

I'm listening to... Lyrics Born - "I Can't Wait For Your Love (Limited Time Offer)"

Quote Originally Posted by N'Al View Post
    Autechre - Oversteps

Absolutely fantastic album. Best thing Autechre have done in years.
    I keep trying to listen to this before bed and I never make it past the halfway point before falling asleep. I like what I've heard so far, but Quaristice did the weird trick of making almost grotesquely complex arrangements not only palatable, but catchy and atmospheric and exciting. The more I play that album the more I realize how affective it is, and that's strange, since it's so icy and obtuse. Hopefully Oversteps will turn out the same, given time.

Yeah, the album - Oversteps, that is - does seem to hit a lull ever so slightly at the midpoint. It bounces back again towards the end, though, imo. Yuop, in particular, is a brilliant album closer.

So hang in there, my son!

FWIW, I'm a big fan of Quaristice myself too (as well as Quaristice.Quadrange.ep.ae), but its focus on shorter song 'snippets' means Oversteps works much better as an album, to me.

Gorilla 4 Sale

We gotta gorilla 4 sale, Magilla Gorilla 4 sale...

Quote Originally Posted by N'Al View Post
    Yeah, the album - Oversteps, that is - does seem to hit a lull ever so slightly at the midpoint. It bounces back again towards the end, though, imo. Yuop, in particular, is a brilliant album closer.

So hang in there, my son!

FWIW, I'm a big fan of Quaristice myself too (as well as Quaristice.Quadrange.ep.ae), but its focus on shorter song 'snippets' means Oversteps works much better as an album, to me.
    Oh don't get me wrong, I don't find Oversteps boring. At all. I just kinda miss some of the more textured sounds of Quaristice. And I actually did buy the Quadrange EPs the other day, I just happened to have a $15 itunes credit, and ended up spending $14.73 of it all on four EPs.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonamel View Post
    Have you heard the Broken Bells stuff? The Shins' frontman + Danger Mouse = good times.
    I just got the record and can only agree. The vocals on the first track fascinate me for a reason that I cannot quite describe.

Edit: I only realized now that The High Road was released as a single some time ago...
    Last edited by snowcap21; 5th Apr 2010 at 14:49.

The song that is basically my biography

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnqE0L-lkKA

65daysofstatic just put their yet-to-be-released album on Myspace in it's entirety, which swiftly prompted a pre-order for me. Mindblowing stuff, will compete for the best album of the year spot.

http://www.myspace.com/65propaganda

Level 10,000 achieved
    Teddybears STHLM - Rock N Roll Highschool has a permanent place on my feelgood mix.

If you wanna get down/bring a friend, come around/getting high in the rock n roll highschool

and ofcourse it's an appropriate song for a day like today

Fugazi - Reclamation

Clutch - Spacegrass

Primus - The Toys Go Winding Down

Nuclear Rabbit - Supermarket

Beck - I Get Lonesome

The Human Instinct - Stoned Guitar

Tenacious D w/ Black Francis (f/Pixies) Oh My Golly

Finally getting into Portishead's Third. Dunno what took so long. I found a sealed copy of the LP version on clearance for ten dollars and I thought, even if I still hate this, I'm sure it'll make a nice gift for someone. But I'm really enjoying it now, her voice doesn't grate anymore. It's really dark and twisty, more experimental than pop.

goddamn I was a damn fool

NewDark 64³ Contest Winner
    This is some old rock and roll.

Not sure how many people know of The Band, but this is one of their classic songs live from 1970. Check out the best singer in rock doing his thing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0WMB...eature=related

Taking the Death Toll
    Happy Earth Day.

Here, have some Earth.

Terry Riley - In C (Bang on a Can version)
    I'd link to someplace you could listen to it, but it's 45 minutes long so no one has it.

Hey dethtoll, do you know Daturah? I get the feeling you'd like them.

Taking the Death Toll
    I do now! Thanks!

is Best Pony
    What Did You Expect? by Archers of Loaf.

Why yes I am trying to lengthen my indie e-peen why do you ask?

Page 59 of 149 FirstFirst ... 91419242934394449545556575859606162636469747984899499104109 ... LastLast