TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 63 of 149 FirstFirst ... 1318232833384348535859606162636465666768737883889398103108113 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,575 of 3706

Thread: Current song you are listening to(or the Last song you listened to)

Taking the Death Toll
    Yeah some of the PSX Duke songs were great.

is Best Pony
    'Ice Cream' by the New Young Pony Club. Why yes, I am just following Kieron Gillen's recommendations one song at a time actually.

That's actually on the TTLG non-collaborative Spotify playlist too. They just came up with their no-invite-required flavor so I've finally gotten around to trying it out. Been listening to Röyksopp - What Else Is There? and Venus Hum - Montana on repeat for the most part since. Thanks to whoever added those; instant favorites!

I'm sitting down at my computer working my way through some recent acquisitions, and a couple of instant keepers:

the xx - Islands (Nosaj Thing remix). Totally different to other nosaj remixes I've heard, he's put away the glitch and gone for building the song up to something much richer and more textured.

Low Limit-Where You Been 7.5. More awesome glitch out of LA, which has pretty well become Mecca over the last couple of years for this niche. This sounds like the music Glitch Mob would be making if they hadn't fallen into a creative rut. The Golden Handshake EP has some seriously cracking tracks on it.

Level 10,000 achieved
    When I was younger you lived eternally
    And in our godless household you were the sole deity
    But now that you cancer's back and it's picking up steam
    You might not live to see me realize my dream

"It's cold out here" (Spotify link) Haunting and beautiful track by little-known San Francisco folksinger Bhi Bhiman.

Chakat sex pillow
    Following jimjack's Morning Benders rec on youtoob, the playlist skipped ahead to this: The Botticellis, Stay With My Brother. I've never heard of 'surf pop' before, but it's the most gorgeously Beatlesesque thing I've heard in a while. It doesn't hurt that the vocals sound a bit like old McCartney/Lennon. Very 60s vibe going on there.

Merle Haggard, "Think I'll Just Stay Here and Drink". He lives 'round here and we've done some video production for him at work. Nice guy.

Quote Originally Posted by PeeperStorm View Post
    Merle Haggard, "Think I'll Just Stay Here and Drink". He lives 'round here and we've done some video production for him at work. Nice guy.
    Sweet! I love Merle Haggard. My favorite is "Sing Me Back Home".

Quote Originally Posted by dethtoll View Post
    Anyone who complains that Soilwork sold out, but still likes In Flames, doesn't know what the fuck.
    Well, fuck it, ya know? There's not a damn thing wrong with writing a chorus people can sing along to. Kudos to SW for learning how to arrange as well. They're growing up without turning into a nu-metal pussy band, and that says something.

Mit Staunen sieht das Wunderwerk from Haydn's incredible oratorio Die Schöpfung (The Creation). I swear I'm going to throw away all my viennese school albums and keep listening to Haydn until I die

1937-2018
    Gone, but not forgotten

Taking the Death Toll

Level 10,000 achieved

The Books - Beautiful People

I love this album so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Kolya View Post
    This song really nails the sound of that "garage rock" wave of bands that swept in during the early 2000's, which is odd as until I listened to this song I wasn't aware that the garage rock wave even had a recognizable sound. Maybe the vocal melodies have something kind of Vines-y about them, even if the delivery is completely different.

Whatever the case, I loved that shit back then and this is a pretty cool tune now.

1937-2018
    Gone, but not forgotten

Sofa King by a friend of mine, John Tolley.

http://www.sngwrtr.com/audio/Sofa_King_3_hifi.m3u

Chakat sex pillow
    The Arcade Fire: 80s synths and inspired by The Boss edition.

Catchy but not monumental. Inevitable disappointment transforming slowly into faint praise and meh. It might have something to do with the fact that it isn't as wracked and torn as Funeral or blackly portentous as Neon Bible, but showcases an uneasy calm about their lot in life.

Maybe it says something about me that I preferred their bleaker stuff, and texturally this is Win and crew at their most varied, but this just feels weaker. Where's the goddamn Wake Up or No Cars Go, huh? Get worked up about something and throw a million violins and pipe organs at it, for god's sake.

That said, I love Half-Light I more than a lot of things I've heard, and a lot more than the techno-infused second part.

Didn't want to make a separate thread, but I am (FUCK YES!) seeing Godspeed You! Black Emperor in London at December.

Fuck You!

No hard feelings, Kuuso, that's just how it worked out.

Kinetic type videos are the hipatitis of youtube.

Taking the Death Toll
    They're certainly hip these days.

Page 63 of 149 FirstFirst ... 1318232833384348535859606162636465666768737883889398103108113 ... LastLast