TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 69 of 149 FirstFirst ... 19242934394449545964656667686970717273747984899499104109114119 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,725 of 3706

Thread: Current song you are listening to(or the Last song you listened to)

Snoop Dogg: Off the Hook

Much more jazz-soul than hiphop. Very smooth

the music from map 31 of Final Doom: TNT

I just love the melody. it sounds great with a quality sound font. This is one of those tunes that just don't "work" with basic FM synth.

Romeo Had Juliette - can't stop listening to this version

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZRxjpxccF0

Ah, Lou Reed's New York Album.

*leans back and looks after a smokering*

Awesome.

Boom Boom Satellites - Push Eject.

I discovered these guys when I was in Japan 10 years ago, and they've been cool ever since. (Didn't know they were on the Dark Knight soundtrack.) Glitchy industrial-rock; Cyberpunk if that were a music genre.

The XX - Shelter
    (apparently the 'Them Jeans' drum remix)
    Last edited by demagogue; 6th Jan 2011 at 19:49.

Level 10,000 achieved
    Poor Man Blues

Jamey Johnson paints a portrait of revenge in one of 2010's most menacing songs.
    Last edited by henke; 13th Jan 2011 at 10:20.

The Good ol days
    By the late Rick James

Level 10,000 achieved

CAKE - Showroom of Compassion

I thought about making a thread for this one but that's a bit pointless. It's CAKE, people! These guys hardly changed their sound for their first 5 albums, and a mere 7 year wait for album #6 isn't going to change that. If you don't like them, this album won't change your mind. If you like them, like I do, you'll like this one as well.

The album consists of John McCrea deadpanning and vibraslapping his way through 11 songs about girls, cars and politics while the well-oiled machinery that is the backing band ably plays their instruments and intones "alright!" and "uh-huh!" at every opportunity. Highpoints include tracks 2-7. But the real standout here, the one track that will capture the hearts and minds of college students across America, and will almost certainly grace the soundtrack of a Farrelly brothers or Judd Apatow comedy before long, is Mustache Man. Ah, listen to that shit. Is that good or what?

Taking the Death Toll
    That's a silly question.

Finally got around to checking out Kayne's newest album, and I think I can safely say it is one of the shittiest albums I've heard in some time. I do enjoy hip-hop and R&B, even cheesy shit, but Kayne continually tries to seem cutting edge and smart and he comes off instead revealing how ignorant and talentless he truly can be. This album sucks, and so has Kayne for a few years now. He would be much better just performing at his true intellect and singing about how much shit he has that other people don't and all the hot chicks he wants to bang. Kayne has no headroom to venture out of that, and, when he tries, he just proves the point.

Lately, I've been listening to Kanye's excellent new album

Chakat sex pillow
    I've been re-listening to Kanye's fantastic new album too.

good, because Kayne's sucks, haha

Taking the Death Toll
    The new Earth album is amazing. It's like The Bees Made Honey with more Mojave in it.

listening to the UT'99 soundtrack. This really was a phenominal piece of work! There are so many great tracks it is hard to pick a favorite. Some that come to mind are:

Botmca
    Skyward (love the ambience! and the bass!)
    Run
    Botpak10
    Colossus
    Course
    Foregone (Love the drums!)
    Nether is quite good too

These are all being played with Modplug Player, because it is the best-sounding module player around. Thankfully it works perfectly in Wine. I think I listen to the music more than I play the game. I was always more of a Q3 guy because I preferred its physics and better modabillity.

Of course the first Unreal has a great soundtrack too, but it is much calmer. It doesn't get you tapping along to it, but rather transports you to another world.
    Last edited by lost_soul; 1st Feb 2011 at 01:45.

Level 10,000 achieved
    What You Do To Me from the criminally overlooked Black Keys' 2009 side-project Blakroc has been getting many spins on my playlist recently.

The part in the middle where Billy Danze comes in with a very spirited I'm from the heeeeell hole! *clap!* sends shivers down my spine. And the laid back oh-so-sexy-and-cool chorus by Dan Auerbach and Nikki Wray always gets me singing along.

Taking a break
    Everyone knows Popcorn, but almost no one knows the Popcorn. Unsurprisingly, it's much better than the Hot Butter remake.

Last edited by Starrfall; 3rd Feb 2011 at 23:26.

"The Kiss" by Kelli Ali

Been blasting Kelis' and Janelle Monae's last year albums. Just love both of em.
    <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/lqmORiHNtN4?fs=1&amp;hl=fi_FI"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/lqmORiHNtN4?fs=1&amp;hl=fi_FI" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>
    <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/U8D9xCBcfzw?fs=1&amp;hl=fi_FI&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/U8D9xCBcfzw?fs=1&amp;hl=fi_FI&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>
    Last edited by Kuuso; 4th Feb 2011 at 06:49.

BACK IN MY REEFER DAYS
    SELLIN YOU PARSLEY
    ALWAYS KEPT ALUMINUM
    BATS IN THE CARSEAT

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P00GAiF1ylo

Level 10,000 achieved
    It was all over some new Dylan song
    that Phil had the nerve to say sounded wrong
    Dylan stopped the car, words shook like a fist
    "Phil you're not a writer, you're a journalist!"
    Death of a rebel, twist of fate
    If he ever thought better, he thought too late
    Poor Phil Ochs, he slipped through the cracks
    Judas went electric and he never looked back

Todd Snider recounts a true story from the annals of rock n roll. YouTube | Spotify

I really like Ghostface's Fishscale album, but the other two he's released since then I haven't been able to get into. This is a nice track though.

Lonely Island latest with Akon . Had some lolworthy moments but doesnt touch the best of their stuff.

Page 69 of 149 FirstFirst ... 19242934394449545964656667686970717273747984899499104109114119 ... LastLast