TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 71 of 154 FirstFirst ... 212631364146515661666768697071727374757681869196101106111116121 ... LastLast
Results 1,751 to 1,775 of 3838

Thread: Current song you are listening to(or the Last song you listened to)

no, it was necessary, you are like a cancer, you've ruined ttlg are you happy now?

I just listened to this really cool song, I don't know what it was called or who it was by, but someone played a riff on the guitar while someone kept time on drums, and the best bit was when this guy sang words into a microphone It was awesome. They sure don't make music like that nowadays.

Taking the Death Toll
    Quote Originally Posted by PigLick View Post
    no, it was necessary, you are like a cancer, you've ruined ttlg are you happy now?
    What the fuck is your problem? I can't have fucked your mom, your kind reproduces by spores. So what is it? Actually no, I don't care, just fuck off. You're not impressing me.

No Pig, it wasn't. Deth says a lot of stuff worth calling out, but liking music ain't one of 'em. Calm down.

Ton, you're right, sorry dethtoll, maybe it was just too late a night for me or something.

Taking the Death Toll
    It's cool.

Level 10,000 achieved

A man with a sweater like that is sure to know some good stories, I tell ya.

I've listened to folksinger Hayes Carll's new album KMAG YOYO quite a few times over the past week. Two or three tracks aside it's a real solid album. The title track is a crazy story about a solider in Afghanistan who gets into the herointrade and it sounds a lot like Dylan's "Subterranean Homesick Blues" with nonstop stream-of-consciousness lyrics like "Stepping out the backdoor, gonna join the peacecore/tell me I'm a hero now so someone else can fight this war". "Another Like You", a boozy duet between Carll and Bonnie Whitmore, is reminniscent of Tom Waits and Bette Midler's "I Never Talk To Strangers". The most touching track on here is "Grateful for Christmas", there's real tenderness and love in Carll's voice when he delivers personal lines like "Hey mom how you doing, yeah I miss him too. No don't worry, all the Christmaslights don't make you hair look blue."

Video: Bottle In My Hand (live on FOX BUSINESS lol)

Quote Originally Posted by dethtoll View Post
    Wow, I've never heard Ulver's newer stuff... Actually, I think Nattens Madrigal is the only album I've ever listened to.

Taking the Death Toll
    Their first three albums were pretty much folk/black metal. Then they turned into... shit, I dunno what, but it's amazing. And their most recent album makes Sigur Ros look like a grindcore band.

geir_tjelta_-_a_new_beginning.ahx

I knew I would like this one from the very beginning. The melody and pitch-shifting are very cool. It is an example of great 8-bit music and I'll have to put it on my Cowon D2.

It is funny to be emulating a chip from 25+ years ago on modern hardware.

Their first three albums were pretty much folk/black metal. Then they turned into... shit, I dunno what, but it's amazing.
    This shit sounds so different! Not sure its for me, but I'm glad they've remained thoughtful in their evolution.

Picked up the new Akron/Family album when I went to see them play on Wednesday (OMG so awesome). Like pretty much every album of theirs, it's different enough from what they've done before that it's going to take a few listens to really "get." It's certainly more approachable, though.

The first single is So It Goes.

El Shagmeister

Staring at the empty roads of San Pascualito Rey - Disturbios.

Yppah, It's Not the Same

Please can someone tell me what the beat is from... this is Yppah's rendition of an older song (in terms of the beat)... a classic song... and it is totally driving me crazy b/c I can't remember it.

Link

Jeff Starship - St. Charles

Their first three albums were pretty much folk/black metal. Then they turned into... shit, I dunno what, but it's amazing. And their most recent album makes Sigur Ros look like a grindcore band.
    I was just skimming through this page and mistakenly thought you were calling a death metal album calmer than Sigur Ros, which made me read it closer to be sure that I was seeing it right, then I clicked the link and understood what you meant. That's very interesting.

Taking the Death Toll
    That's a little funny considering Ulver were never a death metal band anyway.

Yes, there is a difference, and yes I'm a pedant.

Har Mar Superstar - Tall Boy

Seems like a very well aimed parody/imitation of modern pop. And it is. But it was written by him for Britney Spears, initially, so it's also the real thing at the same time.
    The postmodernism, it hurts my poor noodle.

haha is that guy still around, man har mar superstar was like a god to me, for a little while.

man the guys knows production, still classy, if you want the real har mar check out his track Power Lunch
    Last edited by PigLick; 2nd Mar 2011 at 04:16.

Ulver were never a death metal band anyway.
    Yes, there is a difference
    How would you describe the difference with a single sentence?

Level 10,000 achieved
    man the guys knows production, still classy, if you want the real har mar check out his track Power Lunch
    Haha I was about to big-up Power Lunch too. Here's the video (sans Beth Ditto). Yeah Har Mar Superstar has some real groovy tunes.

Taking the Death Toll

Just one sentence? I likes me a challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by Sg3 View Post
    How would you describe the difference with a single sentence?
    While there are exceptions, which have only grown in number as both genres have matured, traditionally death metal has low guttural vocals with an emphasis on riffs and gore-obsessed lyrics, while black metal has high shrieking vocals with and a focus on opposition to organized religion and/or fantasy/mythological themes with an emphasis on atmosphere rather than technical skill, which shows in the traditional lack of high production values in most early black metal albums.

Bam! One sentence!

I can provide examples as well as show how each genre has evolved over time if you want.

1976-2020
    (Gone, but not forgotten)

And now for something completely different

I've listened to this song at least 10 times since I got home, in different iterations.
    Absolutely love this song.

Bjork - Hyperballad

I remember watching the video on MTV and being amazed at the 3D impression. That's how long ago that is. I never became a huge fan of Björk but at that time she was at her best.

Björk is awesome. Many people dislike the singing, which is all fair, but every single song of her's is pristine in the production department. The use of huge array of instruments and electronical effects make them all that more interesting.

Page 71 of 154 FirstFirst ... 212631364146515661666768697071727374757681869196101106111116121 ... LastLast