TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: Current song you are listening to(or the Last song you listened to)

Level 10,000 achieved
    Here's something y'all can look at and feel sorry that summer is over. But don't look at it at work.

Digging the Melvins and Haim tracks, Viv.

Still Subjective
    I'm quite into Czarface atm.

Still Subjective
    And I'm getting into some Kendrick Lamar. So chilled.

But actually dark as a mofo.

Chakat sex pillow
    Courtesy of Jeshibu:

So fucking good. She's one to watch for. I foresee big things a-coming.

I sort-of heard this person on the radio quite a while ago, but totally forgot she existed until I went round a mate of mines place and he was practising all of her songs because (amazingly enough) he's applying to be her drummer. Which I really, really hope he fucking gets, because, whooooaa. You know when you're talking to a girl and stuff and then you make eye-contact and all of a sudden something kinda clicks in your brain somewhere and you realise that you actually REALLY REALLY FANCY HER OH SHIT and you get little klaxon warnings and steam shoots out your ears or some hanna-barbera shit and you actually almost have to go and sit down because it's a bit too intense? Well, that's what this song feels like to me.

Plus, I know it shouldn't matter, but she's also painfully fit. Which might be my general weakness for women with telecasters and amazing voices.

The last video I posted was from CMA, whose become one of the go-to bands for what people are calling chillstep -- not sure I agree with the label, whatever is chill and electronic is enough for me. But anyway I liked them enough to get the album. And I'm going to explain a recent event that was transcendent to me... It's a game you might be able to play at home, depending on your location.

What you do is put on some kind of chill electronica on your device, CMA is a good example, then go to some area of town that's lit up but backstreet, thriving but really alienating or desolate at the same time, and it's gotta be at night -- Tokyo is the Mecca of this kind of scene -- and just walk down the streets with that music going... The scene for me also included dark jagged clouds too, dramatically ripping through the half moon at full pace. And in my case, the combination of music, lights, and streets was a transcendentally disembodying experience. Not sure how to better explain it. I felt like a cloud floating right through people, like pure consciousness taking in the whole experience full cloth. It was fucking epic. The wind was blowing hard enough I almost had to push through it, which curiously, counterintuitively added to the disembodiment for some reason. Totally recommended.

verbose douchebag
    This. I just fucking love this song. I'm not as a rule into the crooners, but this song is just perfect.

Currently listening to some seriously smooth funk.

I'M NOT JUDGING

BUT IF YOU DONUT LIKE THIS VIDEO

I HAVE DOUBTS

PS it's old I know but

verbose douchebag
    Awesome production and as always, Imogen heap's voice is amazing.

I've just watched it 20 times and can't stop, I've never been a fan of Morrissey or The Smiths but this performance cought me.

It's been ten years today since Elliott Smith passed away, so I'm having a little Elliott Smith marathon and playing through his whole discography.
    Most of which is pretty goddamn awesome, by the way. Right now I'm listening to this little gem, one of his more popular songs:

I love these threads, a wide spectrum of great music. I'm listening to this. They were just here in AZ, couldn't make the show

Taking the Death Toll
    Le Cassette needs to sing more. Anyone who sounds this much like David Silvian needs to be singing more. Actually I think I'd kill everyone I know and love just to have him and Perturbator team up permanently.

Taking the Death Toll
    Friend of mine's vacationing in New Orleans this week, I linked her to this before she left.

Saw someone describe this album as "Jim Morrison singing for Jesus and Mary Chain." And there's definitely a very Doors-y feel to it, this song especially.

Taking the Death Toll
    Maybe one of you guys can help me. This song is reminding me very strongly of some game from the mid-to-late 90s, like a specific song from a specific game. I've been wracking my brain for months trying to figure out what it's making me think of but nothing's coming up. It's probably some really obscure PC shareware title from like 1995 but I'm going a bit nuts over it.

Level 10,000 achieved
    I've been listening to the Country Classics station while playing Euro Truck Simulator 2 lately. This channel never fails to entertain. Mostly it's hilariously bad songs like Eight By Ten, or just plain hilarious ones like Big Balls In Cowtown (has this one served as the opening credits music for a Johnny Knoxville comedy yet? If not it's surely only a matter of time.), but occasionally also some real gems that I've somehow overlooked pops up, like this song called "Ode To Billie Joe".

With Netflix running in the background all the time, I tend to listen to theme songs lately. Recently, it's been Anime theme songs.

This one got blocked in several countries

Still Subjective
    By the taste police?

currently jamming with the drummer(and main force) behind this outfit, liquid drum n bass. Top dance track for ages on triple j unearthed (mean nothing to ppl not in Australia)
    These guys are seriously good.

This tune, for me, personifies that moment when someone says something so profoundly and absurdly offensive that the rage gets completely short circuited. Also, dogs wearing shades on skateboards. They must be handled by the same brain region.

I like some J-Rock from the late 90's. Particularly this live version of 'July' from a band called Bloodthirsty Butchers. This guy just recently passed away tragically which is a damn shame. It has a matured, melancholy, warm fuzzy, noise rock sound to it which is pretty grand on an atmospheric level.

It's best heard with spacey SRS 3D sound effects turned up & a good tweaked bass. The 2nd half is roaring solo, at least good to skip straight to that if you can't feel for what the singer tries to encompass, a unitizing mutual grasp beyond the mistranslation to say the least.

Hell I'll post 2 live versions since I like this song alot but the first one's my fav. The second one ends way cooler.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=555fKo4t_2U
    Last edited by kora; 23rd Apr 2014 at 23:26.

Chakat sex pillow
    From that last aggressively synthpop track to this, a layered groove with an oh-so-smooth horn section and a bopping bassline. So good. Song of the new year so far!

Page 98 of 145 FirstFirst ... 48535863687378838893949596979899100101102103108113118123128133138143 ... LastLast