TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: CTEC Mission - The Plot Thickens

d. 30.4.16 Always remembered
    Here I am again. I am in Act 3. I think that I went everywhere and I knocked out everyone. I have both the (substitute)lockpicks, the ring and the wand.

I opened that sort of vault under the kitchen, I killed the evil head, but now whatever I do I am being killed!
    I read that a special skull was needed, but I don't have it. Am I trapped here?

Anyway, there is only one double door, I think, that I wasn't able to open with the lockpicks. It must be important, where can I find the key?

Thanks.

Master Builder 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Rowena View Post
    I read that a special skull was needed, but I don't have it. Am I trapped here?
    You don't need it to finish the mission but it allows you to get something else which is fun. Have you been to the vault on the roof yet? That is where you will find the skull. Read everything and you will know what to do with it (or come back if you want an outright spoiler).

Anyway, there is only one double door, I think, that I wasn't able to open with the lockpicks. It must be important, where can I find the key?
    There is nothing in that room needed to finish the mission but if you want to get in there are other doors to that room that don't need a key.

Am I trapped here?
    You can enter and leave that location as many times as you wish. Just frob the X to leave and you get transported back out.

Ha ha!

The Hand Of Doom is awesome. The variety of outcomes when zombies were unleashed in the main courtyard was great. The spectre was occasionally drawn down by the racket and let the skulls fly, too. Also, the Builder's Children seem almost helpless against the spider eggs when undefended by Mechanists.

Quote Originally Posted by Tannar View Post
    You don't need it to finish the mission but it allows you to get something else which is fun. Have you been to the vault on the roof yet? That is where you will find the skull. Read everything and you will know what to do with it (or come back if you want an outright spoiler).

There is nothing in that room needed to finish the mission but if you want to get in there are other doors to that room that don't need a key.
    Yes, I saw something (maybe it was the vault) on the roof, but then I was distracted and I forgot about it. There is so much to see and to explore in this mission, and I kept getting lost.
    I was so engaged that I didn't even noticed that I had already satisfiaed all the objectives and that all I had to do was to get out.

Anyway, I reloaded a previous save. (good to know that I wasn't trapped, BTW )and I smashed the double door.

I wasn't able to solve the levers' puzzle in order to obtain the skull. If there was a hint somewhere I forgot it. Maybe I'll try again tomorrow. Beautiful missions, expecially the last of the three!

Master Builder 2018
    and I smashed the double door.
    You can get in by way of the balcony doors, but smashing is good too!

I wasn't able to solve the levers' puzzle in order to obtain the skull.
    Go back to the basement machine room near the cells where you started the mission and look around. You may see something that will help.

There is so much to see and to explore in this mission, and I kept getting lost.
    Yes it's almost like the author purposefully created the layout of the building to frustrate players, it's almost maddening!

Lady Rowena, if you still need help getting into the room above the coach area:
    From the southern battlements above the gate, you can get onto the ledge of the roof over the west wing of the castle. From that ledge, you can drop onto the balcony.

Anyway, very nice missions, but there are two things in Act 3 I couldn't figure out, would appreciate someone giving an answer:

1, There's a readable mentioning a lost diamond drill bit probably located in the room above the coach area. Got into that room, but couldn't find no drill bit. Can someone tell me completely explicitly where exactly it is?

2, On the roofs, no far from the secure vault, there is a really big generator (or maybe a boiler?) with a turnable crank. What does the crank do? My guess is it enables running water in the kitchen, but not sure. Can someone confirm?

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowgrab View Post
    Can someone confirm?
    Yes, that's what it does

Clearinghouse
    Oh... this is great mission!

I can guess who made it. Can you?

Clearinghouse
    I think maybe R Soul?

Nope. And why the roll eyes.

Clearinghouse
    just unsure...

Hm. I don't know, maybe Uncadonego.

I won't say, but, I recognized his style. I LOVED the mission BTW.

this was excellent, I noticed the style and recognised elements but I'm taffed if I can put a name to the author, I've played this authors missions before though

having a memory like a seive doesn't help

I'm almost SURE to know the author of this one!

I did it! I solved the lever puzzle! Lol I thought that as a necromancer I had the control over the "creatures", but since there was no other humans left, they turned against me!

Anyway, finally I was able to finish the mission in a satisfying way.
    Again, a beautiful mission. Compliments to the author.

anyone know the "hokey cokey" ?

Ghost

Loot Lack

Fit the Third:

I've got everything but the loot. I've found five out of "six" secrets, but I vaguely remember something about a secret count being wrong in one of the fits. Am I actually missing a secret?

If not, then I just need some suggestions of hard-to-find loot. I was up in the hayloft, but I didn't find a diamond drill bit; I think I found a lump of gold, though.

I'm sort of close -- 2610, and I need 2800 -- but close isn't good enough. Suggestions, please? (I did get one hidden bonus objective, the Necromancer's hand.)

Thanks,

Dafydd

How do you make the mushroom tea...I can't find a frobable pot or pot of water anywhere...or a means to take the water from the trough and place into the pot. Suggestions?

As for loot: check the room that is across from the hayloft...even if you don't have the key you can still get there by jumping from the roof onto the balcony without damage...in that room is a secret with switch that allows you access to the attic...that will almost certainly be your last secret and will provide enough loot for you to complete the mission

Wow...if I'm not mistaken, I think the author had a fourth mission or perhaps camvator in mind for his entry...or he accidentally added a blank mission in...

Master Builder 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceblade View Post
    How do you make the mushroom tea...I can't find a frobable pot or pot of water anywhere...or a means to take the water from the trough and place into the pot. Suggestions?
    Have you been to the roof yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceblade View Post
    if I'm not mistaken, I think the author had a fourth mission or perhaps camvator in mind for his entry...or he accidentally added a blank mission in...
    What do you mean exactly?

Thanks again, Iceblade - ah, the missing drillbit! Now 5/5 secrets & 270g short; that'll do.

Excellent, thoroughly enjoyable mission (missions?) which managed to pack a whole lot in.

Just one thing - in Act 3, if Garrett could find replacements for his lockpicks lying around, why couldn't he be allowed to find a BJ replacement (rolling pin, lump of wood, whatever) - I would have much preferred all playing styles were available.

Master Builder 2018
    Well, all playing styles are available really. The blackjack is available on normal difficulty and there is not a lot of difference otherwise between difficulty levels in terms of ai and such.

Quote Originally Posted by Tannar View Post
    Kin - Just drop the skull on the red star.
    What skull?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast