TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: CTEC Mission - The Plot Thickens

Ghost
    Thanks, Iceblade; I was already in the coach house room, already up in the attic, already got whatever loot was there. I didn't see any drill bit, but perhaps I missed it.

Can somebody answer with specificity where the darned drill bit is on Expert level? I sure can't find it in the hayloft or anywhere else.

Thanks,

Dafydd

Quote Originally Posted by Kin View Post
    What skull?
    Skull in the security vault on the roof. To get in, you need to remember the number sequence of 6 red lights in a clockwork arrangement on a wall just after you left the jail.

Quote Originally Posted by Sticky Fingers View Post
    Skull in the security vault on the roof. To get in, you need to remember the number sequence of 6 red lights in a clockwork arrangement on a wall just after you left the jail.
    I am in the vault with the gost patroling. Is there a way to get on the roof?

Kin: elevator near the dining room.

spiders versus haunt is quite entertaining

as was zombie versus combatbot

Master Builder 2018
    Kin - You had to go through a vault type door to get into the catacombs I know but there is another "vault" on the roof where there is some loot and an evil skull. It is that skull that you need to drop in the tomb you are in.

What the secrets...I must have missed two somehow...which doesn't make much sense as I can remember opening more than 3 passages.

to the coach attic
    passages in the main building
    passage in the building near the kitchen with the 4 single bedrooms and the lab with eye
    passage to get to the catacombs

Ghost
    Still hoping somebody can tell me where to find the drill bit on Expert...

Thanks,

Dafydd

I'm in the catacombs, I have the evil skull and I'm facing a big round door with 14 lighted buttons. Not a clue what to do next. Help anyone?

Vertical Contest Winner 2009
    drill bit is in an attic above the coach house, there is a moving dresser in front of the secret passage, you'll have to find the switch in the coach house.

Master Builder 2018
    Dafydd -

Hint: The drillbit is in the attic over the coach house. Search the coach house for a lever that will open a secret passage.

Spoiler: Look at the torch to the left of the bed in the coach house.

canetoad -

Hint: There is a note in the research office that will give you a clue.

Spoiler: Look at the floor in the research office and the dining hall. The pattern on the floors is the same as the pattern for the rods to open the door. They must alternate, in - out - in etc.

Iceblade - There are 5 secrets. From your list it looks like you are missing one secret passage in the main building.
    Last edited by Tannar; 20th Sep 2008 at 03:28.

Ghost
    Tannar, et al -- Aha, there are two different attics! That's what was confusing me... when folks talked about "the attic," I thought they meant the one reached from the wand room.

Thanks, that did it: Found the drill bit (nowhere near where the note in the dining hall suggested), the last secret, and that was enough to finish.

Dafydd

Quote Originally Posted by Kin View Post
    What skull?

What red star?

I'm in the catacombs and I have the evil skull as well as the 3 unholly gifts but I cannot see a way to the tombs. Lady Rowena spoke of "killing" the evil head. How would I do that?

Quote Originally Posted by redrider View Post
    What red star?

I'm in the catacombs and I have the evil skull as well as the 3 unholly gifts but I cannot see a way to the tombs. Lady Rowena spoke of "killing" the evil head. How would I do that?
    check behind the stone coffins

an readable tells you, how to render the head unthreatening

Quote Originally Posted by shadows View Post
    check behind the stone coffins

an readable tells you, how to render the head unthreatening
    Thanks Shadows. I have seen the room behind one of the coffins but there was nothing in there that I could see and there's nothing in any of the numerous readables I'm carrying that mention how I might deal with the evil skull. I'm usually good at figuring Thief puzzles but I think I need clearer hints here

Master Builder 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by redrider View Post
    Thanks Shadows. I have seen the room behind one of the coffins but there was nothing in there that I could see and there's nothing in any of the numerous readables I'm carrying that mention how I might deal with the evil skull.
    Are you sure you are in the right room? There is a small bare room behind one of the coffins. Is that the one you are in? If so, look closely at the back wall of this room.

Yes, that can be easily missed. I know I missed it when I was there at the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by Tannar View Post
    Are you sure you are in the right room? There is a small bare room behind one of the coffins. Is that the one you are in? If so, look closely at the back wall of this room.
    Yes I was in the right room... found what I was looking for right after my last post... Thanks!

I'm in act 2, and having difficulty getting past the aquaduct. the arrows on the map show going to the southern tower, but I can't get in or use it to get over the fence... and the ledge by the ladders is too narrow to mantle onto.

help?

Master Builder 2018
    I'm not really certain where you are but have you been into the room near the aqueduct with the loot on the floor under the table? If so, you can pass through that room, go alongside the aqueduct, then through the aqueduct to the other side. From there you should be able to get to the fortress with no problem and continue the mission from there. If the gate to that room is closed you can open it by turning a valve down at street level.

Tannar - the gate was closed (and I couldn't find the valve to open it) so I stacked the crates from the attic a few streets over!

the most difficult part of the third mission was finding the replacement lockpicks; I overlooked the triangle one because I wasn't expecting the Spanish Inquisition! or a kitchen knife, for that matter

Never expected to get such high quality full size campaign as contest FM

To be the odd one out, I have to say I wasn't all that impressed by the first two acts.

Don't get me wrong, the sheer effort involved in producing three acts is commendable. But, I thought Act I was a bit short, rough, and frustrating. What's the deal with the assassins backtracking? o.O I'd like to see it expanded on after the contest (particularly the hideout), and the objectives better implemented. That get revenge objective was pretty much pointless and unattainable. To be fair, the sewers in Act I were great!

My main issue with Act II was that it is pretty much nearly impossible to ghost. Particularly the guard at the end just before the warehouse. Also, several places were pretty much impossible to manage without alerting someone. Some of the mantling was pretty rough too.

Act III
    The nitpicking ends here. This was fantastic in every way. I nearly quit during Acts I and II. I am so glad I didn't, and got to play Act III.

If the first two Acts were polished up and perhaps expanded on after the contest, I'd call this a must play campaign. Hell, Act III alone is a must play. Just think the first two acts could use some polish later.
    Last edited by kamyk; 22nd Sep 2008 at 03:45.

Agree with kamyk on point that first two acts might be exdended if author would make new release. I'm sure it was limited because it is contest.
    Also it would be nice to look at this FM covered with modern textures.

Act3 dumb question

All objectives ticked. How do I get out of the castle????

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast