TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: CTEC Mission - The Plot Thickens

Master Builder 2018
    There is a note (I think in a bunkroom near the armory) that explains it but go to the kitchen area. There is a metal door that leads to the sewers. Go through that door and down into the water.

what is the switch near the banner you have to slash supposed to do ?
    i found two bodies after i slashed the banner, two grates in the water but nowhere to go !
    help!
    i'm missing something for sure
    I may be blind But I found my way

Vertical Contest Winner 2009
    it just moves the banner out of the way.

where do yo go after that?
    its a dead end
    I may be blind But I found my way

Master Builder 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by sexypat View Post
    where do yo go after that?
    its a dead end
    Yes this is a dead end. Go back outside the door you entered and to your left is a round tower with a door and a guard patrolling there. Get up to the level of the guard and you will be heading in the right direction.

Could something be done with the Pagan in Act 1? Just wondering if there was any significance?

Master Builder 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by Florian View Post
    Could something be done with the Pagan in Act 1?
    You could wake him up.

Nothing more? Actually Iīm asking, cause in Dromed I found a link to some means of healing, right next to the pagan, but couldnīt find out how to activate it

Master Builder 2018
    If you light the fire, the pagan will awaken and give you a fruit.

Clearinghouse
    Quote Originally Posted by Tannar View Post
    If you light the fire, the pagan will awaken and give you a fruit.
    Wow, I missed it!

I thought so already, but stupid question: how? The explosive barrel is not working and as I remember, I donīt have any fire arrows?

Master Builder 2018
    Use a flare, but be careful!

Act 3, lockpicks please.

Why do people think it is fun to play Thief without necessary equipment or tools?! The whole concept destroys any enjoyment of what looks to be a well designed mission.

Somewhere I read on this thread to check the bedrooms and bunk rooms.

I have been through the dining room after the exit from the prison cells. I have been through the bunk room. Found a secret passage that got me entrance to two other bedrooms. No lock picks. Found the map and thought it might be one of the bedrooms on the other side but all I am finding are locked doors.

Now make me feel stupid and tell me where these freaking things are at.
    Last edited by bedwine; 23rd Sep 2008 at 13:26. Reason: miss spelling

Quote Originally Posted by bedwine View Post
    Why do people think it is fun to play Thief without necessary equipment or tools?! The whole concept destroys any enjoyment of what looks to be a well designed mission.

Somewhere I read on this thread to check the bedrooms and bunk rooms.

I have been through the dining room after the exit from the prison cells. I have been through the bunk room. Found a secret passage that got me entrance to two other bedrooms. No lock picks. Found the map and thought it might be one of the bedrooms on the other side but all I am finding are locked doors.

Now make me feel stupid and tell me where these freaking things are at.
    I have to admit my frustration too, considering how you have to go back and forth in this mission due to the fact the layout of the building doesn't allow easy access to all areas, it would have been nice to be able to KO everyone. This mission reminds me of the documentary I once saw, explaining how hundreds of years ago in the UK, buildings didn't have corridors and to get from one room to another, one had to walk through other people's rooms. Of course this isn't very practical, even more so when you're a Thief.

If you check the bedrooms again, there's a knife on a table you have to get quite close to frob, which is your one of your replacement lockpicks. The other is in the outdoor area where the combat bots are kept, IIRC there's a toolbox and a chisel inside, your other substitute lockpick.

Thankyou Shadows,

I tried picking upthat knife a dozen times not realizing I had to stick my nose up to it.

Thank you Tannar - I found the same solution right before your answer

Didnīt know up to now (and after playing 100dreds of FMs) that a fire could be lit this way.

Great idea, actually. Donīt know yet if this also works in other missions or if it is just a special script.

In act 1, how do you complete the optional "kill all enemies" objective? Without weapons all you can do is throw boxes at them, and that takes a long time.

I ran in to explore their den, and there was an explosive crate, but throwing it did nothing.

How do you kill them?

Master Builder 2018
    There are several ways. You may have to throw the explosives more than once. You can blow up the explosives by throwing a flare at it also. Just be careful - lol. You can also light the fire by the pagan with the flare and lure them over to the fire. Crouch behind it and watch it kill them.

the are also very easy to drown in the canal, hide under the stairs nearby if the heat is too much

I usually am not into ghosting but after I finished on easy I started mission 3 again and ghosted all the way to the tomb and obtaining the hand.

Now let the fun begin. Almost reminds me of an old FM called "Durant"

It is going to be tough voting for the best of the series. There are some that are head to head in my opinion.
    Last edited by bedwine; 25th Sep 2008 at 00:52. Reason: spelling

Getting the hand of doom was good and well, but I've hit a serious drop in framerate. The dead zombie carcasses are making my computer lag like heck :S 4+7 healing potions and healing fruits does generate a decent amount of zombies, and none of them perished during my undead crusade. Does the laser thing in the lab completely delete the items from the map or teleported to somewhere far away?. I don't want to restart my entire mission T_T

EDIT:...does anyone know an infinite life cheat? I just wanna experiment with the hand of doom a little =)...not that id use it for cheating on missions of course...

all the necromancer toys do something, seems the hand of doom is the most popular.

load the mission up in dromed, you can get help at the editors guild, find the starting point in act 3, miss22.mis and remove the script "victorycheck" from it.

Or from dromed, select no endgame and go into gamemode.

I finally finished, and I enjoyed it alot.

Of course, by the time I got the necromancer's hand I had KO'd everyone, so my army had nothing to fight but bots.

Also: Somewhere along the line, the necromancer's ring dissapeared from my inventory, but the objective remained ticked. What happened?

Blew through the first two acts each in about 20 minutes on expert... the first one threw me because it was over so quick I didn't even have a chance at the optional objective. Went back and did it anyways, interestingly I didn't blow up the barrel to do it.

First I gassed the two at the front door, the archer inside only took one arrow to kill, I gassed two more inside leaving one, which I finished off with the remaining arrows then just kept throwing boxes at him 'till he went down.

Act 2 I liked for the constant alternating between rooftop and street level, through it too seemed over way too quickly. Felt like it was over before I even started.

Act 3... Took me 3 hours and ten minutes to get 170 shy of all loot with all secrets found, which is pretty good for any level in terms of time. Fully ghostable you do give the option to kick some tail, though I can see some players feeling handicapped without the usual array of tools. The gas bombs were fun, the throwing knives were real fun (especially once you realize a back shot center mass drops the guards in one hit), While the sceptre and hand proved quite entertaining. I'm going to have to go back and replay though because I got annoyed trying to find the crypt and ended up killing EVERYTHING upstairs before I got the hand so I didn't get to see any fun zombie action - but then I finished with 7 regular health potions and all four of the 'large' ones. The ring was kind of 'meh' since there's MORE than enough dark space in the level.

I think you need an act 4 that puts G in a situation where he starts out with all that gear, but is going to HAVE to use all of it to get through.

In any case, pretty damned good set of levels.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast