TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: CTEC Mission - The Plot Thickens

I seem to have missed something everybody else found with no trouble which probably means it's in plain sight somewhere but I have to ask. Where's the wand? I'm not in the mood for ghosting and I'm playing on Expert so searching the entire place again is just not something I want to do this time around. It's a very interesting mission but I REALLY want my BJ so I'll have to replay it on Normal afterwards just to have the satisfaction of smacking everybody.

Master Builder 2018
    It is in an upstairs room behind double doors you can pick open or you can reach that room from a secret passage. Sorry I can't be more specific, I am not on my computer at the mo.

Must be a section I missed. Thanks very much. I'll go have a look.

Could I get a loot list or something? I've done everything except get the loot limit and I've killed everyone with zombies or spiders or knives, so it's become a fairly boring loot hunt now.

Also, how do you leave the castle? There's a sewer gate that's closed and a main gate that looks like you can open it.

Peanuckle: exit - there's a metal door near the kitchen, down a few stairs from ground level.

Don't remember any major loot stashes, sorry.

Well, thanks to that bit of help, I've completed the mission both on Expert and Normal now. Very well done and an excellent contender for top spot in the contest, mostly because of Mission 3. One negative, for me, was the lack of a BJ on Expert (and Hard I assume from what I've read) as being forced to ghost is not something I really appreciate. In every other respect, it was creative, fun and very much in the tradition of the OM's.

How do I find the necromancer's hand. From reading all of these posts I think I have everything and have been everywhere. I think I read something about dropping that evil skull somewhere. I've been to the innermost parts of the crypt but all I see are three tombs, and behinf one of the is a small empty room. I've got all loot and have completed every objecive. I can get mission complete, but I wanted to see what happens when you get the hand.

Master Builder 2018
    Brynolf - In that small empty room behind you mentioned, look closely at the back wall. Have fun!

Thanks

I should have done this earlier. I hade already cleaned out the place from mechanists and what have you. Those zombies were pretty lonely. But still it was fun to see that last part of the mission.

Ive searched for days. Just spoil it for me. Im sick of looking and dont want a hint..I want a spoiler. In mission 1 where is the hideout ?

Vertical Contest Winner 2009
    in mission one the thieves take you to it, you go back to it through the sewer and listen in on their conversations

I said I want a spoiler..not a hint. Thanks anyhow. Anyone else ??? I did follow the guys to the hideout but saw no way in from below or above .

Lightingline: Bit complex to describe - Find the waterwheel (from the map) & pick open a door near it that leads down. Make sure you throw a big lever down in this area. Go down a hole under the stairs & basically head north for a bit, turn left up some stairs, imm left (south) again, across some pipes & "mantle" the first little waterfall. After that, look for a lever by a bar-gate (enabled by throwing that other lever) & then a ladder.

Hope that helps

bikerdude
    this Fm is awesome....

nuff said

biker

sorry, i thought that was pretty clear, you can also use the sewer hatch near the church building to access the sewer, from there you have only one path really, and one dead end that takes you to some equipment. turn on the generator first.

Quote Originally Posted by Old King Cole View Post
    The first missions seems to have a bug with the objectives. As I reached the Thieves Hideout, the objectives told me to use the underground to infiltrate the Hideout. But first I went to "Farkus" shop to collect everything i missed. I grabbed everything I could get. Then I went to the sewers, listened to the conversation an once again the objecztive changed. I had to visit again the shop to collect everything useful for revenge. As I reached the shop ( i was again) in there, the mission was succesfully finished.
    In Act I I went as far as I could in the sewers, and did not hear any conversation. I can hear the thieves beyond a permanent portcullis making comments about hearing me though. Did I miss something?

Master Builder 2018
    Did you find the gate with the switch that doesn't work until you get power to it? If not, you need to go back to street level and find a way to get power to that switch. If so, just keep on exploring past that point and you will eventually come to a ladder that will take you to the bottom of the thieves hideout. You won't actually be able to get in but when you climb the ladder you will hear a converstion.

I found a power switch in a room with conduit crossing the floor. I opened a gate that opened by swinging upward... beyond that there is only one ladder - that ladder leads to a sewer hatch in one of the streets near the thieves' hideout.

Master Builder 2018
    Once you get past that gate, there is a waterfall that you can mantle up. After that take a left. There is really only one route past the gate but I am betting that you haven't gone up the waterfall yet.

The waterfall is before the gate. I replayed Act I and finally found the last ladder. Earlier I went down the last sewer, but didn't see the narrow passage off to the right of the last sewer.

The ambient lighting is so low that I can't see much of anything in the dark without flares.

Thanks Tannar for your help.

Master Builder 2018
    Ah that's right. Sorry for the confusion. Well, glad you made it.

Excellent mission

I loved these 3 missions (acts) great atmosphere, nice architecture, great gameplay , good storyline, easygoing, overall a great job here

To the author: (very opinionated post follows)

This is the most fun I have had playing a FM in quite some time. My score to you is a 10. Every aspect of this mission either equaled or exceeded that of the originals. It fit perfectly in the Thief universe and brought back some very fond memories of those original games that left me wanting more. The added features were all 'spot-on' and very enjoyable. The level design and plot were superb. To captivate a gamer for a few hours in this day and age with that game engine is quite an accomplishment.

Thanks for your efforts.

the plot thickens

i am stuck in the vault have been for 2 hours pushing those buttons i guess you have to push those which are blue on the floor i even tried the red ones antyone know the correct order in which to push them

the red/blue just tells you to alternate them, its just like the puzzle from the bank, but bigger, make every other one up/down all the way around, its broken into two banks, so 12 oclock to 5 oclock is one, and 6 oclock to 11 oclock the other.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast