TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: CTEC Mission - The Plot Thickens

the plot thickens

ottoj55 thanks will try that i am not too good with puzzles sorry for being a bit stupid

I am lurking about in Act 3, and I have come upon one of those bugs that just make you go

I found it amusing enough to try to upload a savegame file for people to have a look at.

Instructions are simple: In front of you are doors. Open them.

Vertical Contest Winner 2009
    fly away doors i presume? thats a thief error that happens time to time, nothing i did could have fixed it, truly bizarre.

I'd assumed that was deliberate, there's a note somewhere about someone being scared by their doors flying off. If it's not deliberate, it's a nice way of glossing over engine problems.

"Careful brother, for over yonder lies the cursed Shed of the Sudden Heart Attack..."

exactly the reason for the note, beta testers noted the door acting up, so rather than fret over the cause i wrote the note.

I'm having a bit of troubles finding where to go on the thieves highway in act 2... where to go from the thief on the lookout?
    Last edited by Master Garett; 4th Jan 2009 at 11:10.

Master Builder 2018
    If you mean the thief in the warehouse, find the elevator and go down.

thats the orange brick building, go north, around the tudor style building to a ledge, then jump across the street to the flat roof of the tower building across the gap. from here, either jump to the wood walkway across the alley, or go around the ledges, then in the warehouse window, then do as tannar said.

I'm trying to finish Act 3 but I can't figure out how to kill the evil head. I have the ring and the wand but not the hand everyone is talking about.

How do I kill the head? Where's the hand? I'm playing on medium.

Thanks!

Master Builder 2018
    If you are talking about the floating head in the secret tomb there are two ways to proceed. You can take one of the unholy relics (rosary, medalion etc. which you must pickpocket from the ghosts) with you to the tomb and the head will ignore you. Or, you can just put out the torches in there and it won't see you. Either way, to get the hand you will need to take the skull from the vault on the roof and drop it onto the star shape on the sarcophagus in the secret tomb.

This mission pack was fantastic! I feel like all my Thief favorites and desires took corporeal form and made a map just for me!

Quote Originally Posted by daniel View Post
    This mission pack was fantastic! I feel like all my Thief favorites and desires took corporeal form and made a map just for me!

Hmmmmm......almost like.....a classic thief experience?

Stuck!

I 'm stuck in Act 2: I just got out the first sewer section), hopped onto a wall and up a ladder, walked over a roof and now I can see a tower with some loot inside, but the window is blocked by a fence and I can't find a lever. Anybody knows what to do?

Master Builder 2018
    Is this the tower with the loot under a table? If so, search the nearby streets for a valve to turn.

That did the trick. Thanks Tannar.

Just played through this one while going through the CTEC contests again in my spare time. Great mission(s). I also think the "new" items made while still only using stock resources was clever and inventive while at the same time adhering to the rules. I can see why this entry came within a handful of points of grand prize. Really excellent work. I also appreciated small architectural details that may be overlooked, such as the stone railings on staircases being rounded at their ends, and little touches like that. Mission 1 had a really really T1 feel while mission 3 incorporated the mechanist stuff from T2 with the spooky stuff of T1. Great entry. Man, we really got some great stuff out of the contest.

Act 1: Secrets

I can't find any reference in this thread to the 3 secrets for Act 1. They must have been pretty easy. So far I've found 0.

Clearinghouse
    Ottoj55, I can't see The Plot Thickens in your site.

i've been fairly lazy lately, i need to update my site.

Act 2: Secrets

Quote Originally Posted by Clock View Post
    I can't find any reference in this thread to the 3 secrets for Act 1. They must have been pretty easy. So far I've found 0.
    Same thing with Act 2. I couldn't find any secrets. Are these cumulative secrets for the 3 acts, with all of them in the third act?

Act 3 - mushroom tea

Where do I get the mushroom for the mushroom tea?

Plus - I'm missing 20g for max loot, any idea what/wehre can it be?

I would like very much to play the Plot Thickens but none of the links work, is it hosted elsewhere?

I'm missing one last objective before completing this mission; it says to find whatever artifacts the Mechanists are looking for. I've done everything else, including two bonus objectives. I'm stumped. Where are the last things I need, and what are they?

Edit: Nevermind, I thoght I already had the ring, but I didn't. (I didn't know it was useful for anything, so I just assumed it went in my loot.)
    Last edited by hopper; 28th Jan 2010 at 18:54.

Triangular lockpick

Quote Originally Posted by Garrettwannabe View Post
    Cool 3 levels and congrats to whoever - but got sick of looking for the pick(s) and did check the rooms described above. Guess it's not very Thiefy of me - but I really don't like when FM's that make the player spend a lot of time just to find his tools...but that's just me being lazy I guess...

Edit: nevermind - they lowered the pick distance on the object & thus I thought that wasn't it until I got close enough to it. And clue on where the square one is?
    Damn ! I had to get to this room at least 10 times to take the triangular lockpick replacement : the knife (and how do we know that it's often a background item that is not unfrobbable). I had to mount on the table and crouch to make it frobbable. Oh well... For the rest, I enjoyed it.

I'm going to finish the 3rd act now.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast