TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567

Thread: CTEC Mission - The Plot Thickens

Playing Act 3 on Expert: there's a lot to explore ....
    I restarted to get a fresh start, but again for me.
    Perhaps if I could've a BJ.
    Don't get me wrong, it's a great FM, but I think, without a walkthrough, I won't make it to the end.
    I HATE those lever and button puzzles.
    The scrolls a.s.o were written in a Thieflike English language , which makes it even harder for me to explore their contents.

I got the code near the beginning of the game 521364, but really don't know how to use it in the lever puzzle ..... or is it meant to be used clockwise? I'm too tired now. I had hoped to finish it tonight, but this will not happen

There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

Vertical Contest Winner 2009
    chapter three is a huge step up in complexity over chapters one and two. the lights and lever puzzle is a recycle of an idea from a debt repaid. basically, look at the buttons in the electric control room and image that its a clock. flip the switches in order, so you determined from the electric room its 521364. the levers are numbered the same as the lights. the middle button is a reset/door lock button.

Quote Originally Posted by Ottoj55 View Post
    chapter three is a huge step up in complexity over chapters one and two. the lights and lever puzzle is a recycle of an idea from a debt repaid. basically, look at the buttons in the electric control room and image that its a clock. flip the switches in order, so you determined from the electric room its 521364. the levers are numbered the same as the lights. the middle button is a reset/door lock button.
    Thanks Ottoj55, I found it already, with the help of this thread. I got the first 6 numbers by myself, that was obvious. But I didn't know I could use them on the leverpuzzle.

As I stated: I dont like all of these puzzles, not that Im too lazy to solve them, but sometimes it's even harder to "GET" them, when it's language related.
    I do not always grasp the meaning of the scroll or note
    Sometimes it's written in an "ancient Hammerite/Keepers language" or very cryptic ...... and then it's hard for me to make a translation and grasp it's meaning.

I really need all the help from this forum and I almost always get it
    So Thank You Taffer
    I hope I can be of help to you with a question you have for me, about a mission I betatested

BTW: My IQ is outstanding hehehehe
    There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

In Act 1:

I don't get it - how are you suposed to kill a whole bunch of thieves (6 to be exact!) with just a few measly broadheads?

Specially when the outside thieves just refuse to be "one hit"!

( I have 7 - 3 from one of the ones I tailed (I think) and 4 from the sewer chest and there's 3 you can possibly kype from the inside archer thief, and that means at least a few one hits are mandatory! )

I know it's an optional obj - but geeze - even optionals should be doable!
    Last edited by Garrett's Shadow; 20th Feb 2011 at 16:11.
    To thieve or not to thieve?
    Oh hell, that aint even a question!

Master Builder 2018
    There are several ways, actually: you can get them to chase you to the fire by the Pagan and maneuver them into the fire, get them to fall into the canal or use an explosives barrel.

Hmm,

well - getting one to actually run into a fire is problematic at best, and I saw one go right into the canal and NOT get pulled under!

So, where's the nearest boom boom barrel?

Here's one in the canal and not going under!

Jesus Christ the thief!

YAY! I did it! Took a lot of retries but finally got the outside 2 to drown and a flare + their boom boom barrel inside the hideout = this!:

Never ever piss Garrett off then hide around one of those barrels!

(and that leaves me with a few arrows for those troublesome cops in front of my shop!)
    where the hell were they when the thieves tried to kill me? - I think they are dirty cops cuz I did try to get them to take out the 2 outside - they would'nt attack the thieves!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Now I am having a be-yatch of a time trying to mantle up on the wall I see in front of me after coming up from the sewer in Act 2!

I just can't seem to make it no matter what!

Okay - I FINALLY made that mantle, and now i am at the small tower thats got a gate in the window, two gold goblets inside, a trapdoor and a transformer thingy - and I cant seem to go anywhere from here!

This is startin to get on my nerves! What? Is Ottoj55 the mantling/jumping champ of all time or what???
    Last edited by Garrett's Shadow; 20th Feb 2011 at 18:55.

Please ppl, some help?

Here's where I am stuck:

Can't figure where to go from here and can't seem to mantle up anywhere!

Could'nt get it any brighter or with sharper contrast, sorry - there are bars blocking off that tower room.

In my vague memory I've been stuck there too, but absolutely don't know how I solved it. Maybe there is another way a few meters back?

Master Builder 2018
    Head down to the streets and look for a valve on a pipe that you can frob.

I YI YI!

Quote Originally Posted by Tannar View Post
    Head down to the streets and look for a valve on a pipe that you can frob.
    Back down to the streets!?!

After all my failed mantle attempts and resounding clanks and thumps from the landings,
    I think I have every boy in blue in the neighborhood calling out and lookin fer me!

Thanx! Tannar TTR! (To The Rescue! again!)

What a bloody mess this thread is!

Seriously ppl, in these multi-act FMs -

You all really should post in seperate threads per act!!!

Finished on expert today, I really loved thoses missions, this is a fantastic work.
    In mission 2, I loved the outside windows that light on and off randomly. I think it's the first time I see this in a FM, it's a really good idea, two times I got surprised by a window that is illuminated.
    In mission 3, the architecture of the castle is perfect, I've played with ghosts, make them kill mechanists, it was fun to look.

Thanks for this nice FM Otto !

(I've converted missions into 32bits lighting and played with NewDark V1.23, no problems at all)

I did not think mission 3 was very "classic Thief", but what it did remind me of is classic Deus Ex! A multifloor research facility, "high tech" (high magic?) gadgets for you to find and use, and no restrictions on how you deal with the inhabitants. The secret passageways were even like air vents. Good job putting puzzle clues in the environment, not just in the readables. I agree with others in this thread that finding the lockpicks is annoying the first time around (especially if you're trying to avoid killing) but it all came together in the end and it's very replayable.

Hm well I enjoyed playing all 3 acts of this fanmission but at the same time I feel like I missed alot in act 3. In this thread I read sth. about tombs & catacombs but I never came across them. Also theres supposed to be a vault on the roof? The only kinda vault I encountered is the one in which the evil skull is to be found. Which gets me to my next question: What is the evil skull for? I thought it´d be for finding the artefacts objective just like the wand and ring but people keep saying here they had to destroy it or sth.? There were also 2 doors I could never open. And I thought I need to do sth. with the floors of the dining room and office cause a readable said they are important, but there was never sth. to do with them.

I´ve played this on normal, cause in expert you dont have a blackjack which sucks alot imo. So if there´s more stuff to explore on expert it sucks even more

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567