TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 9 of 28 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141924 ... LastLast

Thread: Fallout 3 Impressions

Finished at 21 hours (could easily have spent another 10h+, but so much else to play now so..).

I really enjoyed it, much better than Oblivion. I really liked most/all of the locations in the game, as usual with Bethesda - very atmospheric, really fun to explore etc.

The ending sucked but tbh i never care that much about them in games anyways. The biggest problem for me was that i didn't get the really good weapons and armor until like 1h from the ending, which felt like a waste.

I really hope they'll release an editor for it.

hehehe. I can see you even got yourself a hooker

I just delivered her myself.

I don't have a pic of myself, but I'm a racoon armor + police helmet wearing, combat shotgun/chinese assault rifle/hunging rifle badass with a kickass female sidekick, Sydney. I just got to Rivet city for the first time. 22hrs in, explored maybe 1/4 of the world.

Moderator and Priest
    Finished at 21 hours (could easily have spent another 10h+, but so much else to play now so..).
    Wow. I'm at 26 hours, and have only just reached the Citadel.

And what's with everyone wearing Talon Company armor? It isn't cool enough to wear for style (in my opinion), and the protection it offers is inferior to the bog standard combat armor you can pick up at just about any merchant.

I guess you all like the little Blair Witch symbol on the front.

Chakat sex pillow
    Quote Originally Posted by ZylonBane View Post
    Dude... you made Commander Riker.
    Ha ha, I thought he looked familiar. I should have made him look like Mad Max, 'cause I intend to find Dogmeat. Maybe next time.

Quote Originally Posted by Yakoob View Post
    hehehe. I can see you even got yourself a hooker

I just delivered her myself.
    Heh. She wasn't joking when she said she needed protection. Still have to get her to Rivet city, m'self.

Quote Originally Posted by Renzatic View Post
    And what's with everyone wearing Talon Company armor?
    I'm wearing it out of sheer laziness: it was the most decent thing I found on a corpse in the beginning. Plus, with the mercs out for my blood, I've always got a fresh supply of suits to repair it with.

Next up: power armour. Once I finish learning how to use it, I'm going to find it hard not to 'accidentally' use the Fat Man on the Brotherhood.
    Last edited by Sulphur; 9th Nov 2008 at 03:34.

Dude... you made Commander Riker.

Quote Originally Posted by Camus View Post
    Btw, looking good > protection (i just hide behind Mutant guy anyway )
    I got the opposite now I'm ugly but well-protected bastard.

I got about 35 h played, but somehow only 15 quests done. Some of them were quite long and some of my journeys just didn't count as a quest, there are a lot of such things in the game. Now I'd probably like to rush it a bit, finish the main quest and then go exploring just before the final stage of main quest.

Taking the Death Toll
    ... I think FO3 may be the first game I play when I finally get my PSU.

The last thing the radroaches see before getting gibbed by a silenced 10mm round.

I would post a picture of my character during the day, but he'd probably die before I snapped it.

maybe i'm gonna give it another shot after a few updates, mods and when it gets cheaper. right now i deinstalled it after 20h of play. I can see that game being loved by many but for me it didn't do anything. nothing except nice epic vista screenshots for my desktop. and reading from others how they enjoy the game and are motivated to explore makes me sad. I really wanted to like it.

Quote Originally Posted by henke View Post
    No, it hasn't gotten worse. SA is as funny as it has ever been, even if it did seem funnier when you first discovered it. A comedy website/comic strip/late night talk show under the strain of daily updates can't possibly compete with the desire of ironic internet smartasses to show of by hating on whatever everyone else likes. Yeah yeah it all was better before SHUT THE FUCK UP
    No, you can tell that the writers (esp Zack Parsons, who used to be dead on) are phoning it in nowadays. The Awful Movie database isn't even funny anymore. Just go to the frontpages of the past few months and compare to the older articles, you can see the difference.

CONEX is gold though, and the (now discontinued) Your Band Sucks column is still funnier than anything new on SA.

Quote Originally Posted by Sulphur View Post
    It'll run okay at medium-ish, but you'd be much better off with something in the vicinity of an 8600/8800 GT or higher. If your system's well above the recommended requirements, the 6800's going to be quite the bottleneck for all your games in general. The 8-series cards aren't that expensive now, either.
    The only thing is, I think I have AGP slots only, not PCI-Express. I was thinking about upgrading my video card, but without a PCI-E slot, how would I go about this?

Quote Originally Posted by ArcturusXIV View Post
    The only thing is, I think I have AGP slots only, not PCI-Express. I was thinking about upgrading my video card, but without a PCI-E slot, how would I go about this?
    For gaming purposes I think you may want to consider changing both the mainboard and the graphics card, or even the whole system altogether, depending on the rest of your specs. However, if you're set on just upgrading your graphics card, have a look at the following link:
    http://www.aria.co.uk/Products/Compo...NQZXJQYWdlPSY=

Regardless of where you're from, this should help give you some idea of what sort of cards are still available for the AGP standard.

Boycott aria - when I was making my computer years ago, I ordered some parts from them including a monitor and the delivery arrived, signed for by the receptionist at my dad's work and even then it was not checked what was in there when signed. However we discovered the monitor was not there but assumed it was being sent later and they didn't have it in stock or something.

However weeks past and it still had not come so we emailed them and nothing. So we phoned them and nothing. Eventually, we drove all the way up to manchester to the shop, but arrived about 5 mins before closing time - but they were already shutting the shutters. We stuck a note through the door about it and eventually someone came out and talked to us about it.
    He admitted they had been having monitors stolen from them on delivery by the courier and gave us his number and said to phone him and he will send one out for us next time.

However after many phone calls he eventually went back on this promise - very easy to do that on the phone. Aria then refused to send us a new monitor, saying that it had been signed for. However we personally, who did the order did not sign for it and also when you sign for something like that you do not get the chance to look in the box to see if it is all there.
    I just think this is disgusting by aria when they blatantly admitted their couriers were nicking them. Around 140 was lost on that and I must say their customer service was wretched despite that - the amount of chasing we had to do to even get a responce - many many emails not responded to, and being kept ages on the phone and things.

Wow, that sounds pretty bad. I've had no problems with them, they came recommended from a friend, but then again, neither of us had to deal with their customer support. I'll have to keep this in mind. How many years ago was this?

Still, this time around I only linked to Aria because of their convenient product type filter, not to recommend the shop itself.

It sounds like it's time for an upgrade. :S Sad...

ZylonBane
    Quote Originally Posted by ArcturusXIV View Post
    You go to Newegg and search for AGP video cards. They still make AGP versions of the newer cards, surprisingly.

Hmm I just checked my emails and it appears it was october 2004 and was still trying to resolve it into january 2005 but in the end it was clear they were not intending to be helpful at all.

Ouch! Yeah, I can see why that would be frustrating.

yes

You go to Newegg and search for AGP video cards. They still make AGP versions of the newer cards, surprisingly.
    Wow! That's great... I will totally do that. My system is definitely bottlenecked at the moment, but I wouldn't mind having a newer video card if I can afford it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Knott View Post
    Hmm I just checked my emails and it appears it was october 2004 and was still trying to resolve it into january 2005 but in the end it was clear they were not intending to be helpful at all.

That sounds pretty bad. So, why didn't you try to address consumer rights protection department (or whatever it's called in UK) or threaten to bring them to justice?

Well we did try to do that but nothing came of it. I can't remember exactly what they said but I just know they didn't get very far. Probably they thought it was too small a thing to be bothered with I dunno. I could try again but surely it's too late now to be honest?

Also, yes we did threaten aria with that too - saying that we hoped they would do something about it else we would be forced to contact customer rights people but it didn't seem to help, they didn't seem to care.

Quote Originally Posted by Camus View Post
    it still held my attention for 35+ hours which haven't happened in quite some time
    In the end, this is what matters!
    Fallout 3 kept me thinking about it at work and I just can't wait to go back home and fire it up!

Well I`m not going to do the main quest-line until I`ve done everything else in the game. So expect to be busy for quite some time. Plus with Wrath of the Lich King coming out in a few days thats going to sap away my time from F3 bigtime.

BR796164
    Courier just delivered me the Lunchbox... beautiful! The VaultBoy figurine will be a nice decoration on my work desk.

I'm gonna try it this evening, although not in full beauty, because my gfx card still isn't fully operational.

Page 9 of 28 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141924 ... LastLast