TTLG|Jukebox|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567

Thread: T3 FM: The Keeper by Savar (Nov 10, 2008) Update: Version 2.0

Ok, I am on that canopy for half an hour, walking all over, standing still, whatever, nothing happens.
    (By the way, it isn't near the Hotel but the Pub)

Hi

THIS has got to be the MOST frustrating mission I have played.

First the mission goals were all blank except the loot one. So I just muddled through slowly BJ'n everyone I could find.

So now I have one necessary goal not ticked off. The 3rd goal
    spoiler:
    Find the book of shadows. Im in the attic where I have BJ'd all the Enforcers, there is a chest which needs a key. Where is the key for this chest. I have 3 keys in my item list.

BTW the buttons for formatting dont work when replying to threads. I had to view thread/page source, cut and paste the spoiler codes from it. In other words the spoiler button does nothing.

Lee

Quote Originally Posted by Leenuks View Post
    The 3rd goal Find the book of shadows. Im in the attic where I have BJ'd all the Enforcers, there is a chest which needs a key. Where is the key for this chest. I have 3 keys in my item list.
    Lee
    It is in the very same room in a corner on a small shelf near the first Enforcer in this room.

Savar,
    it would be a good idea to note at least in the README that crate-stacking is ESSENTIAL.
    This surely can drive one mad if you don't expect it.
    Also, one should have some idea where to do so.

As for me, I am STUCK at the end.
    All objectives are complete except for 'Return to the hotel'
    I took the way outlined here http://lh5.ggpht.com/_IrtWGj0czOM/SS...eper_final.jpg
    by moving crates and whatnot.

I am just now standing on top of it, but the mission doesn't finish !
    I have TDS_Keeper v2.
    Any ideas ?
    Last edited by gnartsch; 1st Aug 2010 at 07:55.

Any ideas ?
    Try to jump from here: http://s40.radikal.ru/i090/1008/4d/7d01534bc714.jpg
    In August, wait for the update v.3.0.The game will be easier and more interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Savar View Post
    Try to jump from here: http://s40.radikal.ru/i090/1008/4d/7d01534bc714.jpg
    In August, wait for the update v.3.0.The game will be easier and more interesting.
    Thanks Savar !
    However, now I am confused

There are 2 things I achieved by following your tip:
    1. I found a key by dropping down a bit and making my way to the right and climb up a wall.
    Question is :what is that key good for ? I have now 5 keys, but there are no locked doors or chests left.
    Do I miss a lock somewhere ?
    2. I found an alternate route to my starting point - where the mission should finish
    by jumping to the octagonal building. But still the mission will not end.

Since you are planning to update this one: will there be updates for the sequels, too ?
    I always wondered why BlueRose has V2 on DarkFate, but all others servers still have V1.1
    I know V1.1 had still some bugs like missing texts/bad fonts, etc.
    Maybe you should send a reminder to ThiefMissions ?

Thanks !
    Last edited by gnartsch; 1st Aug 2010 at 18:57.

Clearinghouse
    Quote Originally Posted by gnartsch View Post
    I always wondered why BlueRose has V2 on DarkFate, but all others servers still have V1.1
    I know V1.1 had still some bugs like missing texts/bad fonts, etc.
    This is a big update Ver.1.1 - 48 MB, Ver.2.0 - 76 MB (nearly 80 percents) changed architecture, inventory, added new objectives, rooms, objects, textures, music, shops etc
    Last edited by clearing; 2nd Aug 2010 at 00:11.

help

never mind, I have to say this was one devilish FM. A lot of hidden parts and difficult to knock out guards. Some parts were quite annoying but it is, in a way, refreshing to see a area remodeled and changed. Hopefully the sequels are not as devilish. :P
    Last edited by lupus; 28th Aug 2011 at 08:48. Reason: found what I needed.

You are playing version 3.0?

why yes. All it took to find the 3.0 thread was to look for the stone of destiny. I was having a lot of difficulty with that part of the fm. that and finding the letter. I, however, have finished it and hope to review it soon. In the end, though it frustrated me to no end, I have to say you did a good job. For any of it's flaws, you made fm that has been memorable many different ways. Hopefully I don't sound rude in this post. I look forward to playing your other missions.
    Last edited by lupus; 28th Aug 2011 at 20:51.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiens View Post
    Find the Armory Shop. Turn to the left and climb at the wall to the roof. It will be a pagan secret there. You could see Robert's house from there.
    Several times I climbed up on the roof but there was not a stone. Is it a bug?

jardakrupka
    What is version are you playing? Play the latest version 3.0 of the mission

Quote Originally Posted by Savar View Post
    jardakrupka
    What is version are you playing? Play the latest version 3.0 of the mission

So even repeated playing missions help. It is the mission of version 3 On the roof where the stone is to be only gas arrow, a bottle and a bag.

Version 3.0 of the stone is in a different place. Discuss this topic.

Where are the climbing gloves?

You need to buy them from the Fence's store in Gloomy lane, they cost 2000g
    Last edited by fortuni; 11th Jun 2022 at 18:08.

v2.0 is a mess. It feels like a beta that was not ready for release. Several people in this thread reported problems with ending the mission because they could not get the last objective to tick off. It has an intensely annoying part where you must make your way across sloped roofs to get to a pagan artifact. That climb is almost impossible and feels extremely janky. Other parts where you must climb feel janky as well. I would recommend playing v3.0 instead where at least some (but not all) of these problems were fixed.

I too had problems with ending v2.0. I used the gloves to climb back up to the starting location from the left side of it, but then nothing happened. Jumping up several times to trigger the objective as suggested by Tiens earlier in this tread did not work. Just because I didn't know what else to do, I tried climbing along the wall to the right side of the starting location until I could not get any further. Then I climbed back to the starting location. When I reached the left side of the window at starting location again, somehow the mission ended.

Stats:
    • Master Thief difficulty
    • 102 minutes
    • 100% loot (4375 out of 4225)
    • 3 hints needed

Elements I liked:
    • The starting location above patrolling guards in the streets is interesting.
    • I like how you first must collect loot to buy climbing gloves and then get to explore hidden locations on rooftops.

Elements that could be improved:
    • Only one difficulty level is available.
    • The English translation of the mission briefing could use some editing by a native speaker.
    • Several players in this thread reported they did not know or were unable to climb up the rafters in Robert's house. Even if you know what to do, climbing up there is janky. I tried about 40-50 times to climb up from a crate stacked onto a barrel in the dining room. Finally, I realized there is a fireplace next to it. It is just wide enough to support Garrett's hitbox. Even though it looks like Garrett should not be able to stand on it, it is possible. From there, I finally made it onto the rafters, but even that jump was at an awkward angle where I fell off multiple times.
    • On a table on the upper floor of Robert's house, there is a candle that appears frobbable but cannot be extinguished like other candles in the mission.
    • You can steal the oil flanks and the loot right from under the nose of the person at the sales stand. He does not react.
    • There is nowhere to sell the special loot item "Dashy Guard's Plonk". Heartless Perry won't buy it.
    • Climbing gloves break the mission a little: You can easily get to areas where you can see beyond the playable area into the void around it.
    • There is a metal grill blocking access midway down the pit where the killer's medallion is. It opens when the player buys the climbing gloves. Arbitrary triggers like this are bad game design, sure to confuse players.
    • The climb up north of Robert's house next to a broken fence is almost impossible. Even after I read a hint on the forum that I should try again, I still had problems getting up there.
    • Unlabeled keys in seemingly arbitrary, hidden locations.
    • The part where you must climb around a sloped roof to a pagan artifact was the worst climbing section I have seen in fan missions. It is so bad. I kept sliding off the sloped part. It felt impossible. The best advice I can give for this part is: You can't walk or jump-walk on the sloped part of the roof. You will just slide off again and again. You want to be on the wooden beam above the sloped part, even if it looks like Garrett should never be able to squeeze onto it. You can save at each wooden beam protruding below the sloped parts and then jump back up. These protruding wooden beams work like checkpoints. Still, you will likely have to reload many times until you reach the pagan artifact.

Differences to v3.0:
    • The pub below the starting location hasn't been built yet.
    • The interior of Saint Ludocivus Chapel hasn't been built yet.
    • The secret area in the house where you find the note to Robert hasn't been built yet. Instead, the gems are in the small room next to the bedroom.
    • The morgue in Gloomy Lane hasn't been built yet.
    • The area behind the pagan sitting on a chair on a rooftop of Gloomy Lane hasn't been built yet.
    • Lady Elisabeth's Residence is not locked like in v3.0.
    • Both the murderer's dagger and Robert's key are hidden up on the rafters in the house next to the well.
    • In this version of the mission, there is a metal grill blocking access midway down the pit where the killer's medallion is. It opens after the player buys the climbing gloves.
    • The Keeper Enforcer's hideout has a backdoor to Gloomy Lane that was removed in v3.0.

Hints needed:
    • I did not realize you can climb up north of Robert's house near a broken metal fence - mostly because that climb is almost impossible.
    • I needed encouragement from this thread that yes, you can make it to the pagan artifact near where the marker on the wall is - even though that climb too is almost impossible.
    • I only knew I had to climb up to the rafters in Robert's house because I played v3.0 and had used fortuni's walkthrough before.

Bugs:
    • You can soft lock the game if you waste your money on items other than the climbing gloves.
    • I am still unsure how completion of the final objective is triggered.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567