TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 FM - Rust Belt Prison Nov/08 - Updated with Italian

Had another scrounge around, but only secrets I found are:-

1. Interrogation Room, under a desk, moves the clock (thanx, Tannar) &
    2. Internal Affairs, low in a corner, moves a desk.

Anyone found any others?

Still trying to remember the other one I found, I'm going to have another look in a bit.

Another secret: in room of jugde - check ceiling

edit: found the last one: in quarters, next door to the right of passage to jugde room - check shower upstairs
    Last edited by UliB; 17th Nov 2008 at 12:10.

I had a lot of fun exploring this huge prison! Still missing a bunch of loot and one secret so I have so more poking around to do. Thanks, John!

You're welcome Linda I really enjoyed making this mission.

Quote Originally Posted by UliB View Post
    edit: found the last one: in quarters, next door to the right of passage to jugde room - check shower upstairs
    That's the one I couldn't remember! It's in the barracks.

I had one question that I forgot to post: Is there a key for the gate into the little courtyard with all the boxes piled up in it? I got in by breaking a window but then couldn't get back through the window but didn't find anything in there. Did I miss something or is it just an alternate way into that office?

Master Builder 2018
    You will find that key on the guard in the dining area above the stairs to the kitchen.

Keeper of FMs
    I'm having a problem with the camvator sequence terminating. At the end of the sequence, I experience a small drop then I am stuck hanging in the air. I should fall into my cell, but it's not happening. Has anyone else had this happen? I've tried this six times with 2 different installs of T2 and have only managed to get past that point once. Here is a shot of me looking down into the cell while hanging in midair.

That really strange pavs... It looks like you are too close to the wall. Did you see Mr. Oh Dear and the two guards enter the lower cell block in front of your screen shot?

I had that happen once pav - the 2nd time I tried it worked OK. I thought I got stuck where the wall seems to stick out a little. I think the 2nd time I went in backwards!

Keeper of FMs
    Yes. After Mr. Oh Dear goes down, I drop a short way, then I just hang in the air. That shot was taken at around 8:46, but I have hung there for up to 30 mins while I had some lunch. I have tried with a fresh install with only basic scripts & ddfix installed. I have the save where that shot was taken if you want it.
    Last edited by pavlovscat; 17th Nov 2008 at 15:08. Reason: wrong link

The exact same thing happened to me the first two times I tried to start the mission. Finally I had DarkLoader install Original Thief2, manually deleted some files in the Thief2 folder, that were obviously remnants from previous FMs (found some in the strings and intrface dir), then reinstalled RustBelt. This time I didn't touch the mouse or keyboard during the whole camvator sequence, and it worked.
    No idea if the reinstall-, cleaning up- or the not looking around-part actually helped, or if it was just plain luck, though.

@john9818a: Great mission, thanks a lot!

4 secrets, 3 optional objective, 2 hours, 1 great mission!
    I didn't find the sword or maintenance key until I was on my way back with the judge; at least I got my blackjack ASAP!

a couple of questions, though: where does the elevator by the offices go? and what was meant by the term "invalids?" homeless people? are they all supposed to be creatures from the Maw?

Quote Originally Posted by UliB View Post
    Another secret: in room of jugde - check ceiling

judge's room ? or office? if room where is it ?

ok found it !! but what am i supposed to do ?
    the secret in the judge's office the tile that lifts up am i supposed to drop something on it ?

never mind i found it ...
    Last edited by sexypat; 17th Nov 2008 at 18:07.
    I may be blind But I found my way

Quote Originally Posted by sexypat View Post
    judge's room ? or office? if room where is it ?
    the office.
    hint: there are some odd decorations up high

speaking of the office: why didn't the girls escape if there was a key on the desk?

The elevator that has two female nobles riding up and down is there for effect only. It basically does nothing more that go up and down.

The term "invalids" means undesirable or unacceptable creatures in society, and they are creatures from the maw in my story.

Camvator sequences are rather touchy. Every example I have found in other missions had them as a single mission from start to finish, and then began a new mission where the player is free to move around. This one has the camvator sequence and rest of mission all in one.
    Last edited by john9818a; 18th Nov 2008 at 00:59.

Quote Originally Posted by pavlovscat View Post
    Yes. After Mr. Oh Dear goes down, I drop a short way, then I just hang in the air. That shot was taken at around 8:46, but I have hung there for up to 30 mins while I had some lunch. I have tried with a fresh install with only basic scripts & ddfix installed. I have the save where that shot was taken if you want it.
    Ok Pavs I modified the save game so that the player is down in the cell. You can continue from there.

My Uploaded Files

Keeper of FMs
    Thanks for the save file, John. Great mission! I've tried starting several more times and got 5 good starts and 2 stuck ones. I'll keep that save file around just in case. Thanks!

Clearinghouse
    Quote Originally Posted by pavlovscat View Post
    I'm having a problem with the camvator sequence terminating. At the end of the sequence, I experience a small drop then I am stuck hanging in the air. I should fall into my cell, but it's not happening.
    The exact same thing happened to taffer from darkfate forum.

Dude ! You sure know how to make a great mission. Great size and length of entertainment, and challenging to a good degree. And a good story. I have played other missions which were of a much larger file size and I am done in less than an hour. Not that they were not good in their own rights. I love all...well most missions and I am grateful to the efforts of all fan mission creators. But you are one of the few who seem to have the balance thing down to perfection. I've only got a bit over an hour and still the only goal checked "get out of the cell." I thought you gave up making missions and withdrew your made missions...unless its another John.... I am thinking of.

Thankyou much..having fun.

lightningline

Nevermind..it was John D I was thinking of as far as leaving the FM buisiness...everything else I said still stands
    Last edited by Lightningline; 18th Nov 2008 at 04:49.

OK, so. Liked the mission. It's challenging, but it keep you interested.

I have a question though. I know the girl at the end is mentioned several times in the mission. I assume it's the one who worked with the Watch and had Garrett arrested? I know it's the woman who walked in to the station and asked about him. But... who is it and why is she working with Garrett? It seems like a hint at a continuation. Otherwise it seems random.

Lightningline

Thanks for your nice cool comments. No I haven't stopped making missions yet.

Northeast

The lady at the end (on the roof) is helping Garrett escape. She did not have Garrett arrested, but you are correct about a continuation. Even though I am making separate series of missions with different stories, eventually they will merge together - remember the Love Story series? Super Spoiler: Yvonne will be in Love Story V.

The next mission in this series will start out with Garrett on the roof.

Keeper of FMs
    Now that is some excellent news!! I can't wait to see what happens next.

I am well into this mission and need a rope arrow. Have I missed them somewhere?

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast