TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: T2 FM - Rust Belt Prison Nov/08 - Updated with Italian

Thanks Tannar.
    I did put the Judge on the rack, but he also was floating, so I guess that was my problem.
    Could this be due to long term playing? I went further today and now I could use my arrows again ....

BTW: How do I get up there, at the spot where the ceiling is broken in the atrium?

Gloria Creep
    There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

Master Builder 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by Gloria Creep View Post
    How do I get up there, at the spot where the ceiling is broken in the atrium?
    When you have completed your other objectives there will be a rope hanging down for you to climb out that cieling.There is a readable which gives a hint about that.

Thanks Tannar, I guess I must go back and glue the judge onto the rack

Gloria Creep
    There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

Thanks for the lovely mission.
    It would be nice if there was an objective not to kill anyone at least on expert... When I played it first time I got annoyed by a guard and killed almost all gurads (including those 10 that were in the classroom) leaving a HUGE trail of blood.... I'm not very proud about that...

Gerhard Eichberger

Quote Originally Posted by john9818a View Post
    Ok Pavs I modified the save game so that the player is down in the cell. You can continue from there.

My Uploaded Files
    I have the same problem like pavlovscat. So I have downloaded this file "game0014.sav" in this .zip and put the file in the "SAVES" subdirectory in the folder of Thief 2.

However the save doesn't come up in the file list in the load screen of the game.

I have tried to install another mission and the reinstall Rust Belt Prison 1.2. Now the file game0014.sav comes up also in the directory "allsaves" in its subdirectory "RustBelt1_2_saves.zip". However the save doesn't show up in the game.

What do I wrong here?
    (I've never before tried to put a save file into the game.)

Gerhard

Try renaming the file to game0000.sav and then try it. I just used the same name that pavlovscat used.

Gerhard Eichberger

Quote Originally Posted by john9818a View Post
    Try renaming the file to game0000.sav and then try it. I just used the same name that pavlovscat used.
    This doesn't function. Thief 2 doesn't find the save file although it is in the folder.

Gerhard

Nice mission, but there are some scrolls (like the four near the judge's office, where a guard is standing near a gate) that crash my game.

I tested the file on my pc before posting it, so it should work. The name listed in the load screen may be something different than Rust Belt Prison. I think it should say Editor.

Quote Originally Posted by Snakebite View Post
    Thanks for the lovely mission.
    It would be nice if there was an objective not to kill anyone at least on expert... When I played it first time I got annoyed by a guard and killed almost all gurads (including those 10 that were in the classroom) leaving a HUGE trail of blood.... I'm not very proud about that...
    yeah i know what you mean. some guards were wearing those titan helmets which made them unblackjackable, so i used my sword instead. once a thief, now a copkiller

i had problems getting started. first the camvator couldn't fit through the hole where garret was held, it just stopped. then i tried several times to make those vines grow but nothing happend. discouraged by the idea of seeing this nice but looong camvator sequence again i decided to stop playing. yesterday i tried again, and finaly everything worked how it was supposed to and in the end it payed out. the only thing i didn't like were the old textures. i know it's a prison and dungeons aren't supposed to look like a carnival, but still, many places just seemed monotonous to me.
    all in all not a visually attractive but enjoyable and quite a long mission.

btw. why was there a room upside down? if i'm not mistaken it's somewhere near the window to the lineup room.

I just put that room in as a joke.

Hi, this fm got stoped (in the curse/intro) two times in my pc, one: in front to a gate, i needed reboot the pc; and another time: almost down in the jail.
    but when i am iside the jail, what i can do for get out?
    Last edited by unreal_taffer; 23rd Dec 2008 at 05:06.

Master Builder 2018
    Once you are in the jail cell, look in the drain for some water arrows. Shoot an arrow into the drain at the vine growing out of it.

Thanks to Krenim for sending me an Italian language translation of my mission. I'm about to post it in the next few days... I would like to add Spanish to it as well so I may hold off until I get it translated.

Ok, I have uploaded the latest version of my mission to filefront. This version RustBeltPrison1_3.zip contains both English and Italian. I have not included Spanish texts yet.

Download linky

Keeper of FMs
    Darklurker mirror:
    Rust Belt Prison v1.3

Atrium levers

I found 2 of the levers, one by the sewer hatch and one in the shooting range. I have looked everywhere for the lever by the elevator where the woman goes up and down and can't find anything that loks like a lever or torch or anything to move like a lever. HELP!!!! Tell me where it is..

Master Builder 2018
    Across from that elevator is a guard post with two guards. The torch you are looking for is in there on the wall past the guards.
    Visit shalebridgecradle.co.uk for all your testing needs.

I completely forgot to say after I played this a few months ago: This was an excellent mission! I really liked the stress of being forced to ghost - gave me a rush.

I just remembered why I didn't post here: I had a bug with getting the sisters out, one of them kept stopping, but I did everything else.

Thanks Daniel. I ran through that sequence with the two sisters about 100 times, and found it to be consistent once I got all of the bugs worked out. Apparently there is still a bug somewhere that causes them to stop.

Atrium Torches

There is two torches high up on the wall behind the 2 guards but when trying to use either torch after using a water arrow neither one shows up to be able to frob. Am I looking in the wrong place?

Master Builder 2018
    It is possible that I am remembering this wrong but I am pretty sure that there is a third torch on the side wall past those guards and past those lit torches. It is not lit.

Atrium levers

Thanks, found it.

I thouroughly enjoyed your mission. I was a little sceptical when I read the description (because I wasn't very fond of the whole Mr. Oh Dear business...) but I just love prison missions so that won me over.
    I liked how the prison is arranged with the different layers. When the camvator sequence started I almost stopped playing because the prison looked too clean - then I came to the lower levels
    Enjoyed the many readables as well. Nice side-stories!

Got stuck in my cell shaft at the end of the CV as well. Finishing the CV sequence backwards did the trick for me, though, and I could play the mission (the first time I entered the shaft going forward - don't know if that's the solution but it worked for me).

Is there a reason why Garrett has to leave by way of the Atrium skylights?
    I just don't see any in-game explanation for that - why can't he just walk out the fron doors or at the side gate (where you find the letter about the twin girls).
    I know having to go throiugh the Atrium makes it more of a challenge but there should be some notes as to why G can't use any of the other exits - since the 2 girls escape via the back gate as well (I assume cause I didn't follow them).

Meisterdieb

Thanks for the nice comments. If you were able to get the City Watch guards in the lecture room to leave, you will know that the streets have City Watch guards everywhere. With this in mind, Garrett had to escape to the rooftops.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast