TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789

Thread: T2 FM - Rust Belt Prison Nov/08 - Updated with Italian

Quote Originally Posted by llanita View Post
    Ok did that. Now another question, I'm a BJing taffer, and I'm missing my BJ. Is there one in this FM
    Yes, there is.
    And a tip : check the topright corner of any thread and you find the option 'Search Thread'.
    Type in 'blackjack' or whatever you are looking for and find related posts within the given thread.
    Like this one.

EDIT:

On a personal note: I am surprised to see you playing this specific mission right after playing 'A Love Story'.
    You might have become victim to a mistake on my own FM-Listing site, where I stated 'Rust Belt Prison' would be some sort of unofficial sequel to 'A Love Story'.
    I just corrected my mistake this very minute. Sorry!
    The actual prequels for this mission are 'A Servants Life' and 'A Living Nightmare'.
    Especially 'A Servants Life' is a MUST PLAY ! Don't miss it !
    Also you will find out who that mysterious Mr. Oh Dear really is.
    Quote: >>Uhhhhhhh..... ohhhhhhh......<< ROTFL
    Last edited by gnartsch; 29th Jun 2013 at 19:15.

I've tried searching before but I don't have the 'search thread' option.

I just picked this one out of john's FMs. I thought, when I read the description that it was like an off shoot of that guy jack

Master Builder 2018
    I've tried searching before but I don't have the 'search thread' option.
    You should. If you really don't, then there's something wrong. But just to be sure, look in the upper right-hand corner of this page and see if you see this:

Last edited by Tannar; 29th Jun 2013 at 20:11.

oooooooooooohhhhhh!

Good grief, there it is... would you believe I have never noticed that before. Thank you for taking the time to show me. I appreciate it.

Yes there is a blackjack in the armory

I am having a really hard time with this FM, at least in the section where the offices and the eyes are at.

Which floor is the armory in? I really need my BJ!
    Is there a lever/switch to turn off the eyes?

I'm down to 5 shields and have no food/healing potions. I'm playing on Normal. I hate to restart the mission because it's been hard for me to do in getting past the guards etc. I really miss my BJ!

d. 2014
    it ison the bottom floorif you have new dark loaded in you wont be able to complete the mission

I do have new dark, so why can't I complete the mission? This is the hardest FM I have played so far, and I'm playing on Normal. I opened the Atrium, no clue where the sisters are, I know the judge is in the court, but there's no way I can get to him with that guard and the other people in there.
    This FM has me completely beat. I keep trying and trying and I'm getting nowhere, so to be told I won't be able to complete really @#$#%$#!!! me off!

John I have enjoyed playing all your FMs so far, this one though, is over for me. I'm annoyed and frustrated because even playing on Normal, I'm finding it very difficult.

Obviously it's me and my skills, since you've been getting really great reviews from so many players,, I have realized that doing a hard mission without a map for me, is pretty much a nono. I am tired of running around and not getting anywhere. My sense of direction, both in real life and in game life is true to form, I suck at directions.

Therefore, I am going to look for a different FM to play.

I"m off to see which other ones you have.

The bj is in a caged area right in the middle of the downstairs area. If you're at the stairs where the lady is riding up and down the elevator, go down the stairs to a watcher, turn left and then go in the door on your right. Go through this room and through the other door. In this large room take a few steps and turn right. You should be at the cage with the bj and other goodies.

Oh if you made it past the camvator sequence then there is no reason why you can't finish the fm.

The Watcher cameras can be turned off in the maintenance room. Its the room with the three turbines.
    Last edited by john9818a; 30th Jun 2013 at 20:02.

I haven't found the sisters though, and please pardon my ignorance, but I've no idea what a camvator is

I haven't found the sisters though, and please pardon my ignorance, but I've no idea what a camvator is
    A camvator from the way I understand it, is the camera in a mission that moves up and down like an elevator. In this particular FM, it is the camera that moves when you are being taken to the lower cells. The problem with this particular FM is that although it works fine in version 1.18 of Thief 2, it gets stuck by a gate when the guards are supposed to be leading you down to your cell if you have the thief 2 game patched to either 1.19 or 1.21...thus making you unable to PLAY the mission....because you can never reach the starting point that way.

The FM author is aware of the problem in new dark version 1.19 and version 1.21 and is fixing the problem. I got an email saying he is about finished with it.

But for now, if you want to play this particular FM, simply make sure you have thief 2 version 1.18 installed. Though you may have to re-install thief 2 if you have already patched the game to version 1.19 or 1.21, those will not work with this FM so far.

I'm good with the camvator then, because I had no problem at all at the beginning, it felt like I was having an out-of-body experience. I'm more than halfway through the game.

I'm good with the camvator then, because I had no problem at all at the beginning, it felt like I was having an out-of-body experience. I'm more than halfway through the game.
    You must have installed version 1,18 then. So, yeah it will work with that.

Quote Originally Posted by webe123 View Post
    The FM author is aware of the problem in new dark version 1.19 and version 1.21 and is fixing the problem. I got an email saying he is about finished with it.
    Ok this mission has been updated to work with New Dark. The link on the first post has also been updated. Thanks to webe123 for bringing this problem to my attention.

I just replayed this series starting with 'A servants life'.
    I burst into tears because of laughter in the first mission.
    And I wonder: what genius mindset must the author have to come up with such ill-born phantasies?
    Would be nice to hear about your motivation to come up with such a story.

Maintenance Key

I'm replaying this game in Expert (New Dark Version) and can't seem to find the maintenance key. There IS a partial walkthrough with a Key Listing placing it "under metal ramp in open cells area" but I can't see it there. Maybe I'm in the wrong place. The 'open cells area' is where you begin the mission, right ?? You have to sneak by 2 guards and climb the ramp and the key is at the base level before you start ascending ? I scoured the place and cant find it.

Found it !!
    I was in the wrong place.....the 'open cells area' is at the Incinerator Staging place where there is a switch panel.
    Last edited by Clock; 17th Jul 2016 at 14:19.

Actually that open cell room is behind a room that is at the top of the large shaft like room with ramps. The Incinerator room is accessed part way down that shaft room.

Just played for first time. Lots of fun. Thanks!

Just played this as well for the first time. Excellent map with a really great atmosphere - thanks!

Thanks for the compliments.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789