TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 23 of 38 FirstFirst ... 3813181920212223242526272833 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 Multiplayer Beta Released

Direct play 4a failed to load

I cannot start the multiplayer.
    I have installed the multiplayer patch over thief2 patched up to 1.18 version.

When I run thief2 it throws a message: "direct play 4a failed to load".
    The console shows:

Console initialized.
    Release build 205, compiled on Feb 1 2009 02:23:47.
    Error in CoCreateInstance.

What it is about? Seems like I have problems with DirectX. Why is it asking about directplay 4a? As far as I understand the wrapper redirects DP4 to DP8? I'll try reinstalling the directX and the like.

VideoCard: NVIDIA GeForce 8600GT
    VideoDriver: GeForce driver 190.62
    For directplay dxdiag shows:
    Service provider (4 entries): OK dpnet.dll 5.03.0000.0900
    Connection For DirectPlay (4 entries): error (WTH?)

Definitely sounds to me like a corrupted DirectX installation. If you haven't already resolved it, I'd try reinstalling DirectX 9.

T2MP does redirect DirectPlay4 calls, but it has to initialize DP4 in order to do it. That could probably be changed now come to think of it -- the need to run both versions is mainly a holdover from an earlier implementation, back when I actually needed them running side by side.

Could someone please tell me what time the most taffers are playing Thief Multiplayer?

Could someone please tell me what exactly taffers do in Thief 2 MULTIPLAYER hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by JC_Denton View Post
    Could someone please tell me what exactly taffers do in Thief 2 MULTIPLAYER hahaha
    Here you go mate:
    http://thief.procyonserver.com/
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multiplayer/

You can read those two websites and I'm sure it'll all become clear to you.
    There's no need to thank me!

Guys, to play multiplayer games, to create server, i need to open port in my router
    http://vorobfiles.narod.ru/diff_forums/thiefport.png

What data should i type for thief 2 multiplayer?

It really depends on what port you want to use. If you are just going to use the default port for thief 2 multiplayer, then type that in. I don't remember what it is, but all you got to do is go into thief 2 multiplayer hosting area and look for the port number.

Hello everyone

Is it remotely possible to have one player as Garrett and the other as Zaya?

No, as far as I know the avatars used are taken from Thief 2 itself. So unless Tos or someone else releases a new model to go with the next incarnation of the multiplayer mod, don't even bother.

Sorry if this has already been answered here,

Has anyone found a way to get the widescreen patch to install with the thief multiplayer mod?

I haven't installed the widescreen patch in a while. I did it for my laptop, and I think I did it BEFORE installing thief 2 multiplayer and it works fine. So if you haven't, try installing the widescreen patch first and then thief 2 multi.

Just thinking aloud. Might it be possible to add an option that allows the client-player to teleport to a location beside the host-player? I was just thinking about some FMs where there is a one-shot teleport/access for one player that would leave the 2nd player behind ... Ominous Bequest (I think?), Victor Gaspor, the tomb in Calendra's Leg., a lot of others. Then I was thinking one cheap "fix" might be a console command to just teleport the 2nd player to a location beside the 1st, and then they can continue on together as usual.

I realize it might be a kind of "cheat", but it's better than not getting to play some FMs at all; might be even good if it's disabled by default but you can specially enable it (by uncommenting a line of text in the .ini or something) just to deal with the problem FMs. Edit: Or has this already been thought of? Or is it actually not as bad as I thought (e.g., most teleports in FMs are actually not one-shot).
    Last edited by demagogue; 20th Apr 2010 at 17:16.

That's an interesting idea. I don't know if it could be done though.

Gosh, damm it.I hosted and wanna play with my friend.I don't have any firewall.When my mate connects i pressed "Continue" and it freezes at "Synching...".Someones have idea what is the problem?

Please explain more. Do you mean that your computer freezes up, or thief just appears to be doing nothing? That is, can you alt tab out of thief and get back to your desktop?

Are you sure you aren't using a firewall? What about your mate? Is he using a firewall?

One suggestion I will mention is to try Hamachi.

That's just what I was going to say. Try Hamachi. I had some weird connection issue the first time I tried too, but it worked like a charm through Hamachi.

Well, considering that Hamachi merely allows one to access ports, wouldn't a program like OpenVPN suffice? It's as cheap as free, and no limits.

I could try it later... I found it on wiki under the same page listing as Hamachi.

problems

Hmmm. Cannot see any server and when I start a new server I get a message about: "Failed to contact on global server. Yourr server will not be listed" (My port is opened)

Any idea?

Will we get new version ever?

I have to ask - are you sure it isn't being blocked by firewall?

And as has been posted just above your post, you could try hamachi.

Hi, I've just discovered we could play Thief online. I have got Hamachi and i'm wondering if anyone could play...
    For some reason, it saiys there is always 0 servers, anytime...
    This is maybe not the right topic for a request like that, but I don't know where I could ask it.

There are no dedicated servers for thief 2 multiplayer. You have to make your own, or join someone's server. The reason you are seeing 0 servers is because not anyone is playing currently. If you'd like to find people to play with, go here.

Believe it or not, a new version has been released. Changes:

• Fixed various bugs with the server browser and global server.
    • Games can now be joined after the mission has ended and the host is on the objectives or summary screen.
    • Fixed off-screen/missing text when viewing book overlays with multiple pages.
    • Fixed misplaced next/previous page buttons on book overlays.
    • Fixed instability after connecting to a passworded server through the browser.
    • Pressing the escape key with the chat box open now closes it.
    • Added /suicide chat command.
    • Time limit display should remain synched between players.
    • Fixed some crash on exit bugs.
    • Removed all dependencies on DirectPlay 4.

You can download the .zip here or the installer here.

My time is somewhat limited now, but I'm hoping to address the synching bug when playing with 4+ players that was mentioned a few pages back soon, as well as a few more improvements.

jtr7
    Thanks Tos!

Ditto to what jtr7 said. Thanks for your work!

Cool, a /suicide function! That should come in handy when a player gets stuck in geometry. :P

Are there any changes to thief2.exe or it's a DLL update only?

Page 23 of 38 FirstFirst ... 3813181920212223242526272833 ... LastLast