TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: TAC Affairs of Wizards Nov.30/08

There are two important readables in fire realm. One of them is the "key" to the brazier.
    More specific: look near skeleton.

Did someone open the coffin?

Thanks, that was it. I missed the smaller scroll.
    Finished now!

Coffin? I found a sarcophagus in a secret area, if that's what you're reffering to. But it opened when I frobbed it?
    Or do you mean that containery thing on the magic circle? I was short one key to open that, so I just left it.

Also, I found 1 out of 0 secrets. What on earth?

I asked about containery thing. It looks like one more key should be somewhere.

Also I put the ruby on the brazier after I killed fire spirit and it disappeared from inventory, but nothing happened. I would like to know what fire spirit would give for it or was it just another way to summon it?

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Nameless Voice View Post
    Or do you mean that containery thing on the magic circle? I was short one key to open that, so I just left it.
    Velleme said he had the fourth key... you should go hunting for it after killing him. Although what's inside the containery thing was a tad disappointing...

I was pretty impressed with this mission, with the portals and stuff, and the size of the fire area, it felt much larger than the size limit of the contest. All the technical wizardry was most impressive, even with a few minor bugs. And the obvious allusions to The Sword and the Mage Towers from T1/G were well done.

I'm stuck..
    still can't find the key to the dumbwaiter.. tried the spoilers but no key there...

btw: tried to be a smartass.. checked it out in dromed..
    didn't help me a bit though, there is some serious scripting going on there...
    my guess is on RSoul for this one..

nightshifter: It's on the windowsill where you read the journal about the two servants being sent away for the night.

More specific: The middle floor, in the small room within the mess hall.

Hope that helped!

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    Before getting the dumbwaiter key, I went upstairs just enough for the two guards to spot me and take chase, then ran down to the mess hall and into the shadows left of the fireplace. Turned around, leaned forward, and bopped both on the head with the blackjack.
    *BOP* *BOP* *THUD* *THUD*

'Course, you still need the key to get into the bedroom since the doors are unfrobbable at that point.

thank you knock, that was what I needed

ok got all the keys, returned and then???
    I used them on the coffin instead of bringing them to lord velleme... and no save before.. did I ruin it for myself now???

btw: looking at that mission again... I'm so impressed..
    what a clever way of reusing space.. ( and now I understand why so many walls and stairs are objects... ) It is really a masterbuilder who created this

This mission is certainly something else and judging from several 'clues' there's definitely more than meets the eye tech-wise, though the design and story are quite good also, definitely no 'tech-only' mission we're dealing with here.

Quote Originally Posted by nightshifter View Post
    ok got all the keys, returned and then???
    I used them on the coffin instead of bringing them to lord velleme... and no save before.. did I ruin it for myself now???
    Pretty sure you just have to go back to Velleme for a little chat.

Wow man I believed it suddenly that Thief 3 started. These effects ... I know it already who created this, HE may be this only There are some bugs but I am not surprised at this. The time was too short to setup a technical miracle like this, and this is mentioned in the info as well. The 10 years old Lost City, was transformed wonderfully! Congrats XX !

Quote Originally Posted by Dront View Post
    That's a beautiful great mission! I've got only 1 question: is there any apply for the cheap ring, or it's just a kind of toy?
    Read the guard's diary, you will find that there's no need to worry about the ring.

By the way, you don't need the top floor key if you already managed to blackjack the two guards. Just bash in the door with the sword.

Quote Originally Posted by TF View Post

Pretty sure you just have to go back to Velleme for a little chat.
    been standing in front of, behind him, jumping in front of him, been wacking him.. nothing , lord velleme is ignoring me..

Hmm, it should work. I found the three keys and used them on the coffin. After that I went to Lord Velleme and everything worked fine.

This is a great mission.

A possible wee bug:

First time through (Easy) I got the earth key last and Lord Velleme would not react. It didn't matter if the keys were placed in the locks or not. Second time through (Hard) I got the fire key last and all went OK either way.
    Last edited by ffox; 3rd Dec 2008 at 04:24.

Quote Originally Posted by demagogue View Post
    @clearing, the dumb-waiter key is on the window sill on the 2nd floor in the room with the fireplace and dumb-waiter ... that is, on the little ledge at the bottom of the nice window.
    Do you mean the "Mess hall" on the first floor?
    I've frobbed every inch of all the windows/tables in there and I haven't find that key...
    Do I need to do something to trigger it's appearance or is it there from the start?
    (I looked for it in dromed, but it didn't lie there)

BTW, didn't see the second page.
    Excuse me for asking a question which is already answered...
    Last edited by seventyfour; 2nd Dec 2008 at 12:12.

seventyfour: It's on the windowsill of the bunkroom off the mess hall.

1st floor / 2nd floor - depends on where you come from. (I'm with you btw.)

PS. Please put spoiler cover on your post.

Clearinghouse
    I found the three keys... and Lord Velleme is ignoring me
    I'll try replay.

bikerdude
    that Edmund cracks me up, his diary was hilarious...

Fire area. I can't reach the other side of lava river or how ever it should be called... After going through the portal I can jump to big "island", but from there I only can reach little "island with obelisk and fire arrow. from there I can't manage to jump to the other side, the same is when I try to jump from big island to other side directly. Could somebody tell me how can I pass this lava? I even tried to cool it down with water arrows, but it still kills me when I fall into it

I don't think I need any spoilers in this post, but if you think that something should be hidden just tell me.
    "Reliance upon others is weakness for the strong, but strength for the weak. Wisdom and balance lie in knowing your own nature over time"
    The Box, WL

d. 30.4.16 Always remembered
    Same here. Just outside the fire portal it seems that there is an invisible object on which I can mantle, but I immediately fall on the other side of whatever it is. Any help please?

Did you try to shoot a fire arrow in the stone arch?
    However, I managed to jump over lava without doing it.

d. 30.4.16 Always remembered
    Quote Originally Posted by Dront View Post
    Did you try to shoot a fire arrow in the stone arch?
    However, I managed to jump over lava without doing it.
    No, I tried to shoot it at the lava. Don't ask me why.......

Aaah, bridgebuilding
    O.k, I progressed to other rooms of fire area, found a note about sacrificing flawless rubies in the brezier. There is a thing with fire burning in one of the halls, but when I try to "use" a ruby on it nothing happens. And the ruby isn't dropable so I can't put it into this fire.

EDIT: Never mind, I found second clue with alternative solution how to get the key. But shouldn't ruby work too?

BTW:
    Quote Originally Posted by The Affairs of Wizards text file
    Receptrons : Over 2,500
    That explains a lot...
    Last edited by ghost_in_the_shell; 2nd Dec 2008 at 17:29.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast