TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: TAC Affairs of Wizards Nov.30/08

I just replayed this one and was quite impressed with the semi-secret alternate ending!
    It's a nice touch that your actions affect the outcome of the mission to some extent.

Esme & Tanner: I don't think there was actually any indication that the other three mages in the area with the earth key were the ones who owned the keys in the other areas. I had just assumed that the earth mage was in the company of some other random unimportant mages, since the others didn't have keys. That's just speculation, though, as I don't recall seeing any specific information either way.

Master Builder 2018
    Yeah, good point. If truth be told I hadn't really thought about it much until I read Esme's question. Then I just assumed that at least some of the mages in that room were the mages with keys, probably cause of their voices and the magic some of them used, like the fire mage relighting torches.

Successfully Perfect Thieved in just short of 43 minutes!

The mages room was a little tricky, since they were not particularly fond of water arrows. But all in all, good Ghosting fun!

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    Did you use a water arrow to ghost the mages? The author has told me that it can be ghosted without doing so.

Nope no water arrows. I traversed the room clockwise. Had to time the turning fire mage, but wasn't too hard.

Consumables: none.
    Last edited by klatremus; 13th Dec 2008 at 20:07.

WOWOWOWOWOWOW!

Great level! Certainly the best of the pack from a technical point of view - the Lost City porition looks FANTASTIC! Loved the destructible column to progress!

I liked the portal usage as well - certainly not the first time it's been done, but it is done very well here. I liked how different each location was. Really cool to just appear on a boat!

Storywise, it's very similar to Ashes and Dust. Again, this one is a marvel!

ahhh I just assumed it was the mages with the keys ... well the keys I hadn't relieved them of anyway so I was just a little surprised to find the air mage waiting for me when I'd left him sleeping so peacefully

nice Fm, i really love the high ress from the custom objets!

I cant find the Map in the room of the books! :P and this Fm is not this little level right, i must dicover more parts of this miss map? this fm is not only these 3 floors right? i see little door to get the cellar? how i can get out?

Clearinghouse
    Quote Originally Posted by unreal_taffer View Post
    this fm is not only these 3 floors right? i see little door to get the cellar? how i can get out?
    You found the key for the dumbwaiter?

that was very old, friend i cant find the red rubi for put in n the flame to get thefire key

the red ruby is in a chest inside the water area

thx, i have all 3 keys,

I put the keys in the locks, and i come to he kictchen and nothing happends
    or i tried droping it in some places, nothing happends

Or you can simply releave that dude from his misery... But i gave him the ruby though

unreal_taffer - there are 3 floors in that mission. And something rather interesting, that seems to have gotten every dromeders attention.

Oh, btw - great map, this was the first one i played in this contest and, well, it might even be my favourite.

Edit: unreal taffer - find the 4th key in the library on 3rd floor and also gather some intellegence there. Do the extra objectives and if that annoying fool still ignores you, get the path from 3rd page of this thread. (and read some instructions on it)

Quote Originally Posted by unreal_taffer View Post
    thx, i have all 3 keys,

I put the keys in the locks, and i come to he kictchen and nothing happends
    or i tried droping it in some places, nothing happends
    Once you have all three keys, you have to give them to the mage. When you approach him after having obtained all three keys (if you've tried to use them or not), he should react. He did for me, anyway, though other people in this thread have mentioned him ignoring them. There was some sort of patch earlier in this thread that's supposed to fix things in case he ignores you, though I haven't had to try it myself.

The mission is fantastic, with great atmosphere, and great level of detail.Especially the astronomy book in the library-even the Big Dipper and assorted constellations are visible.

I am having fun with it and savoring the details, but I am now stuckI obtained the fire key from the lost city area. I shot a fire arrow at the stone beam, which crashed down on the lava and allowed me to get across. I BJd the burricks, killed the flame spirit, got the key, but now it is impossible for me to get back to the portal. I am trying to jump back to the fallen stone beam. I must have tried at least 20 times. 90% of the time I fall into the lava and die and the rest of the time I touch the beam but overshoot and fall into the lava on the other side. Following Slyfoxx's suggestion to blueclint, I shot a fire arrow into the fallen beam but nothing happens.

In addition, in the gallery display room there is a banner that makes a clanging sound when hit, and looks very much like a hidden door. Has anyone been able to open it?

Any advise will be appreciated.

Thank you,
    AndrewPhD

I never had trouble passing the fallen pillar either way, but you can actually jump the lava gap both ways without ever shooting down the pillar. The way you are heading now (back to the portal), walk to the furthest (standing) pillar and do an angled running jump straight towards the rocks in front of the portal. With enough accuracy, you should be able to reach it.

The only secret in the fire realm is in the first room on the top floor. One of the murals (leftmost) will open, but the frobbable distance isn't very far, so you must get close.
    Klatremus' Supreme Thief Site - Walkthroughs, Loot Lists & Ghost Reports
    Let's Supreme Ghost Thief - YouTube Channel with Thief Let's Plays

d. 30.4.16 Always remembered
    The only way to do it IMHO is to make a diagonal jump from the farthest corner near the lava to about a quarter of the lenght of the beam. (the taller part)
    I know, it's not that helpful, but that's the way I did it. Maybe it depends of the assignation of the keys you have. I use the right mouse to run forward, maybe it gives me much more controls on the movements.....

edit
    oops, klatremus beat me...

Thank you Klatremus and Lady Rowena

Thank you so much for your directions Klatremus and Lady Rowena!! I very much appreciate it!

I was able to finally get back across the lava pit after a few more tries.

Like many other players on this forum, I had problems with the objectives. After I obtained the three keys from the portals, I went back to the mage but he ignored me. I happened to find his key in the library first (under the statue, after frobbing the book), before going through the portals. So, he was not responding with four keys. I then used the three keys from the portals on the sarcophagus, and went back to him. No response again I went to the mages' conference room and put the book on the table, completing the objective. Then I went back to him, but he did not respond.

Then I hit CTRL+ALT+SHIFT+END

I decided not to apply the patch I read about elsewhere on this thread, because I did not want to overwrite the original .cam file for fear of messing up the game. Of course it could be possible to copy the original .cam file somewhere else and place it back after the mission was over.

I am now playing on hard, and I did not pick up the key from the library. I am doing the objectives as they appear. It remains to be seen whether it will work this time.

It is a super mission, and I believe it may win the contest. I have not played all contest missions, though.

Thanks again,
    Best,
    AndrewPhD

d. 30.4.16 Always remembered
    You shouldn't be afraid to apply the patch. It only replaces the .gam file, not the .cam. The .gam file only affects the current mission, don't worry.
    And yes, you are right, this is an awesome mission.

Thanks Lady Rowena

Speculation on author

There has been some earlier discussion on the thread about the identity of the author, and it has been pointed out that he/she may be European, due to the naming of the beginning floor as "ground floor", as opposed to the American "first floor", etc.

There is another clue: I do not want to mention details because I can thus reveal the author, but it is is possible that the author is not only European, but from a particular country within Europe. After all, we will find out in a few days.

The portraits are also informative. On the gallery, the large portait is God by the famous painter William Blake. Then, as we climb up the stairs from the kitchen, the painting is Hylas and the Nymphs, by the Pre-Raphaelite painter John William Waterhouse.

Then, there is the painting of the distinguished gentleman with the beard on the landing with the two guards. I am certain I have seen it before, and I am raking my brain to remember who he is. It was this painting that gave the first clue about the possible author.

I cannot jump to conclusions by looking at the portraits, because the clue I discovered points to a different country in Europe.

These paintings, and the clue, remind me of a great mission some years ago, whose readables were referring to actual books. One of these readables mentioned a famous economist, whose country of origin was the very same country I believe the author of this superb mission is also coming from.

I will not mention the initials of this economist, because if other readers of the forum are familiar with him, this will point to the mission author.

But even if the author is not European, he/she is using elements from a European mission. That was the clue.

Apologies for tantalizing the thread.

AndrewPhD
    Last edited by AndrewPhD; 26th Dec 2008 at 19:24.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunken Cricket View Post
    First off let me thank the author of this mission! It's been a blast so far!

I think I found a bug. I alerted the guards while in the gallery then went and hid by the servents room. The guards came walking through the wall across from the servents room on top of the table.

Kinda weirded me out because I was looking the other way waiting for them to come walking in the door to the kitchen and then turned around and there were two of them!
    Something very similar happened to me too, on expert, but on the ship. After bonking Gomez (the patrolling thief), I went for the other guy in the last cabin. On normal and hard, I timed myself and bonked him after he turned his back, but this time around, I tried something else: I opened the door, and hid in total darkness behind the crates in the ante-room. I jumped up and down to catch his attention, and reasoned it would be a piece of cake to lean over and hit him as he came searching. He came behind me through the walls and killed me!

I then did what I did before....

Andrew PhD
    Last edited by AndrewPhD; 28th Dec 2008 at 19:02.

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    That's happening because of how the mission is constructed - which is, in and of itself, another clue as to the author's identity.

well, this Fm nice for it custom objets & its portals with its colors.

but the hight preist got 'freezed' and the 2 last objetives dont works when i done it.

I tried with the normal Fm, (dont works but the preist can move its body )

and later i added the patch. (the priest is 'freezed' = it is not possible to be moved - & obvioulsy dont TALK nothing)

And more later recovering the Fm without the patch, (the priest is f'reezed' & all the game color textures are "BLUE" as true only color. wtf

I've all over the place with the diary trying to find this "conference table" to lay it on. Nada. Do I have the right book? The one I have doesn't have a MOVE script.

Ricebug

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast