TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: TAC Affairs of Wizards Nov.30/08

The conference table is the one in the mages area, where you got the fire key.

Finished! (Although I had to walk around the kitchen to find the "sweet spot" to end the mission.)

I think whoever did this must have worked for TTLG. When I went into DromEd, I thought something was wrong. Since I had just installed the NTEX pack, I thought, "I NO! DromEd is screwed up!"

Ricebug

We still don't know who made this one ?

I had the same issues already reported by most. Couldn't find the ruby, wizard ignored me, had a hell of a time finding the 4th key (which I didn't even have a clue to look for till I was looking in this thread). Downloaded the patch.

Otherwise, everything was great. This definitinely had an FM veteran feel to it. I'm not going to bother looking in dromed, but I assume this level is so innovative because it reuses space over for the various rooms, and that much of the mission is created with objects rather than brushes? It was very well executed, and the mission was a treat to play, except for the objective issues.

I'm guessing NV too... Some of the objects put me in mind of his work, and he always makes such pretty missions. If not him, we have another technical master on the rise.

Well, now that people know I made it, I just have one thing to say:

The fourth key is an optional secret bonus objective, there aren't meant to be clues because you don't need it to complete the mission!

NV, maybe you can answer this question:

Quote Originally Posted by Durinda D'Bry View Post
    I noticed one wall in fire "realm" looks as secret I'm unable to open, it is near 2 chests on stone shelves - one with loot, another was unfrobable. Is it secret? On finish statistics shown me 1 secrets from 0
    When first going upstairs in the fire realm, there seems to be a secret door in the wall on the left, and there seems to be another beside a column on the left at the entrance to the room Durinda mentions. It looks like they both could lead to the same area. Is there any way to open these? I've gone in circles looking for hidden switches.

That's a messup, I didn't have time to fix it before release. There is only one secret in this mission.

Quote Originally Posted by EZ-52 View Post
    Before I even started the mission I was about 99% sure the author was Nameless Voice.

Not because of the fact that it caused Thief to crash but something else VERY familiar.
    Heh, no matter how much you try to disguise who made a mission you always forget about one thing that instantly identifies it.

But I really enjoyed this mission overall. Good job, Nameless Voice

i knew you were the culprit behind this mission NV. hats off to one of the masters!!
    (now i just need to pull my finger out and make a mission of my own... )

Congratulations once again to Nameless Voice!

After playing this awesome mission, I am still wondering about the painting of the bearded man on the stair landing at the top floor. I have mentioned in another post that I have seen it before, and been raking my brains to remember who he is. The other two paintings, I recognized, and they gave me a hint.

Initially, I thought that the author was from Poland, for the following reason: When I saw the painting, and after trying to recall where I saw it, I looked at the zip file for a possible hint. There I saw that the pictures of the bookcases used the Polish word for "book" (I do not speak Polish-I looked it up), so I concluded that the author came from Poland.

Best,
    AndrewPhD

The bearded man is Mr. Random CGTextures Painting.

As for the other pictures, I didn't even choose them myself, I asked Kolya to name some pictures he liked and threw them into the mission.

The bookcases and books were from PinkDot's abandoned library FM; PinkDot is Polish.

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless Voice View Post
    The bearded man is Mr. Random CGTextures Painting.

As for the other pictures, I didn't even choose them myself, I asked Kolya to name some pictures he liked and threw them into the mission.

The bookcases and books were from PinkDot's abandoned library FM; PinkDot is Polish.
    Thanks for letting me know Nameless Voice,

I am sure I will see the portait again in the future.

The other reason I thought the author was Polish had to do with the mission Timoteus by Timon. When I saw the bookcase names in Polish, I remembered that mission: It made an impression on me because in his readables Timon had included references to the work of Polish economist Oskar Lange.

Best,
    AndrewPhD
    Last edited by AndrewPhD; 8th Jan 2009 at 15:48.

This FM was a serious challenge!!! The escape from the firepit area had me stumped until I checked out this thread. Novel idea having the wizard hire Garrett to steal his stuff so the wizard himself wouldn't be a suspect. The no-kill objective was frustrating (at first) but definitely added to the challenge. And trying to sneak up on the wizard at the round table standing around with all the other wizards had me going for awhile as well. VERY challenging and good FM!!!

Thanks Nameless Voice!

Dumb waiter key

This is really stupid, but I have been fobbing around all of the tables on the 2nd floor ("1st floor?) looking for the dumb waiter key. I can't find it. Do I have to start again from the beginning? I have looked around and under the small table, the large table and the table with a flower pot, the table in the guards quarters as well. No go.

The key is on the windowsill in the servants' quarters on the first floor.

This little fm is a blast. And not as little as I first expected. The 3 different environments beyond the portals add a lot to making it feel way bigger than it is. It was fun dousing the fire mages spells with water arrows to prevent them from relighting the torches. I'm curious about 2 items, though.

1. In the 2nd floor gallery of the mansion, I saw what appeared to be a secret door beside a tapestry, but never found a lever for it. Is it a secret door?

2. In the lava area, near the surface of the lava is something that looks like a slit (inside a diamond -shape drawn on the rock of the cavern wall) where you might insert a lever or a key, but it's not frobbable. It's next to the leaning obelisk. Is it anything?

Next morning: Any way over that lava other than leaping? I'm awfully tired of repeatedly reloading.
    Last edited by redleaf; 14th Oct 2009 at 03:41.

Quote Originally Posted by redleaf View Post
    Any way over that lava other than leaping? I'm awfully tired of repeatedly reloading.
    Try shooting a fire arrow at something that looks a bit delicate.

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    Also, the reason the mission feels bigger than it should be is because NV used objects for the terrain in places, and swapped entire areas in and out at runtime, effectively reusing some of the space allotted.

Distant Quasar
    Quote Originally Posted by Yandros View Post
    NV used objects for the terrain in places, and swapped entire areas in and out at runtime, effectively reusing some of the space allotted.
    ...clearly in violation of the usage of space for the contest!! Just kidding - it was quite clever of the taffer. Unfortunately, it killed my fps and it became unplayable toward the end. It might be time for me to replay it now that I've upgraded from my 9 year old video card.
    - eep!

Redleaf: there is only one secret in the mission. The other "secret doors" are lighting glitches caused by a lot of the mission being built out of objects.
    Last edited by Nameless Voice; 15th Apr 2016 at 20:42.

I never had such a hard time finding key dumb waiter floor twoin all my time playing Thief

The fire key archway puzzle was so different for Thief, I had to use a spoiler to figure it out.

The mission frame rate was excellent in my case. I hope you make more missions Namelessvoice. I loved it

I've tried to download the patch, but the .zip file "does not appear to be a valid archive".

Thank you very much, Nameless Voice! I have installed the patch, but now every time I enter the room with the four mages, they kill me as they see me.

It's possible (though very difficult) to ghost that room.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast