TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: TAC The Tower November 30, 2008

A very nice little mission; well-designed architecture, good use of ambients, and a lot of gameplay packed into such a small space.

There were quite a few small annoyances and nitpicks, but considering the extremely limited time that the contestants had to work on these missions, I can't blame the author.

Definitely one of the best contest entries I've played so far!

bikerdude
    Quote Originally Posted by SlyFoxx View Post
    A+ Sly is impressed!
    Awesome
    Last edited by bikerdude; 2nd Dec 2008 at 17:44. Reason: i might have to start referring to myself in the 3rd person too.......

Loved this mission, incredible how much has been crammed into such a small space.

Anyway i can finish the mission but there is one area that i just can't figure out how to get into. A single locked door at street level in the southeast corner. I simply can't find the key anywhere or any other means to get in there.

Anyone who can spoil me, please?

Master Builder 2018
    The key to that door is in that room but there is another way in from up above. You can use the key to let yourself out once you get in. Go to the room just west of that one and climb the ladder in what looks like a fireplace. Cross the room at the top of the ladder, take a right and there will be a small metal door/hatch on your right. Go through that and cross that room to another door/hatch. That will get you into the room you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Tannar View Post
    The key to that door is in that room but there is another way in from up above. You can use the key to let yourself out once you get in. Go to the room just west of that one and climb the ladder in what looks like a fireplace. Cross the room at the top of the ladder, take a right and there will be a small metal door/hatch on your right. Go through that and cross that room to another door/hatch. That will get you into the room you want.
    Thanks, i don't know how i missed that.

I'm enjoying the heck out of this little mission. Great incidental music and some appealing vertical exploration!!!

I dunno, the look and feel of this mission reminds me of The Ashen Age , so I think Sliptip might have done this one!

d. Dec 2017
    What a game! A+ is right. All of this excitement and suspense packed into one small package. This creator must be a well-seasoned drom-ed-er that keeps on surprising us with his cleverness and ability to get so much out of that old engine. Original, absorbing, intriguing, fascinating....that should cover some of the superlatives.

The hardest part for me was getting to the balcony where some person was snoring. Repeated attempts to jump from the ledge failed, so out came the rope arrows. That worked, but was very tricky.

My guess...Esh. Just a guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawggon View Post
    My guess...Esh. Just a guess.
    I beta-tested this jewel , so ofcourse I know who did it.
    but while testing I allready stated to the author that he could have saved the trouble of putting anonymous in the readme... to me it was such a typical example of the authors work. the looks, the sidestories

Classical Master 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by elkston View Post
    I dunno, the look and feel of this mission reminds me of The Ashen Age , so I think Sliptip might have done this one!
    I have an entirely different builder in mind. The FM has the extremely strong stamp of The Seven Sisters on it, from assets to architectural features to themes and mood.

Wonderful mission, definitely one of the strongest missions in contest. Architecture is very solid, plot is very interesting and Garrett has many places to explore. Even it seems I visited all places and collected nearly all loot on finish I'm missing all 4 secrets

Stumped or blind

Trying to get into Lord Witherdale's, I've put a rope-arrow into the little beam from the tower directly opposite. But it falls well short of the snoring Lady's balcony - & I just can't see how to get onto that rope-arrow.

Could someone just plain spoil me please.

Quote Originally Posted by Sticky Fingers View Post
    Trying to get into Lord Witherdale's, I've put a rope-arrow into the little beam from the tower directly opposite. But it falls well short of the snoring Lady's balcony - & I just can't see how to get onto that rope-arrow.

Could someone just plain spoil me please.

You can get in there by
    spoiler:
    jumping from the ledge of the tower...just jump to the left side so you have more to grab. It's not an easy jump.

Thanx, Slyfoxx. Was just about to post that I finally made that jump from the barred window of the tower.
    I was thrown off by someone suggesting a rope-arrow to reach the snoring Lady's balcony

Edit: WOW, what a mission! Just oozes class - plot, use of space, gameplay, pathfinding & the sheer look of it. And made in just 53 days!!
    Found the same 3 secrets as ticky - anybody find the 4th?
    Last edited by Sticky Fingers; 4th Dec 2008 at 08:43.

I'm honestly impressed by this mission. I never thought that you can put so much gameplay in 64 DU's. It felt just like Life Of The Party. Excellent climbing and usage of all three dimensions. And a nice plot too. It will be one of my favourite FM's ...

4th secret:
    hint: Check Alf's apartment VERY carefully.
    spoiler: There's a small lever in the metal chimney-pipe thing with the ladder in it.

Clearinghouse
    Finished (all secrets). Wow! This is great mission
    Last edited by clearing; 11th Dec 2008 at 22:16.

This is my favorite of the contest.
    Beautiful, and fantastic gameplay to match.

Quote Originally Posted by Melan View Post
    I have an entirely different builder in mind. The FM has the extremely strong stamp of The Seven Sisters on it, from assets to architectural features to themes and mood.
    Not to mention NPC names in alphabetical order (I think), a feminine touch with the pregnant woman and other things, the English assistance credit. I thought about LR too. Esh was also a name I thought, but the hints were pointing to LR.

Gotta be Otto.

Quote Originally Posted by Sticky Fingers View Post
    Gotta be Otto.
    I dunno. Upon further consideration I think the other guys are right, it's Lady Rowena . Other LR staples: Occult theme, lady in distress, abundance of "relationship"-themed notes.

However, Weekend Getaway is most certainly Otto's work. The number puzzle, Basso as the main character, and the custom resourses are dead giveaways.

Wow. What a great, well designed mission.

Quote Originally Posted by elkston View Post
    I dunno. Upon further consideration I think the other guys are right, it's Lady Rowena . Other LR staples: Occult theme, lady in distress, abundance of "relationship"-themed notes.

However, Weekend Getaway is most certainly Otto's work. The number puzzle, Basso as the main character, and the custom resourses are dead giveaways.
    Stupid of me - shouldn't have taken a shot before playing all entries & didn't know LR had entered. Just played Weekend Getaway & can only agree with you.

I've tried 20 times at least but I cannot make the jump to a rope from the ledge with the barred window in the tower to a rope above the snoring lady's balcony. I'm trying to get to the window above. Am I going the wrong way, or doing the wrong thing. It took at least a dozen tries to get onto her balcony so maybe it's just keep trying?

Is there another way to progress?

If you want to get to that upper window, you're better off coming from above, by jumping out the window at the top of the house with the 3-level elevator and then going along the ledge.

Thank you. I obviously need to look a little further and more closely. I have no idea at the moment of how to get higher than that. I'm not often completely stumped about knowing what to do.

Stunning
    Extremely nice mission. This is what Thief is about to me, finding a way through a mission, entering here, exiting there, grabbing some loot on the side and fixing a few problems left and right while I'm there anyway. I really liked the vertical design, I'm a sucker from places to climb, when I started out I looked at all the open windows and had a little happygasm.

Better than the technical wizardry in Affairs of Wizards and the three playthroughs of Weekend Getaway? I think it'll be close, but I like this one the most.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast